PC Peripherals need help - pc restarting

hi guyz,

i seriously need some help. my computer is just restarting every time i try to boot it. the darn thing is not even loading bios:(

basically when i press the start button:

1) the pc starts (no beep sound coming)

2) and then it restarts in 2-3 seconds.

3) after that it doesn't restarts but it doesn't load bios either. it doesn't even send any signals to monitor. however, i can open/close the dvd writer tray.

i have tried interchanging SATA cables and power sockets of harddisk and dvd writer, moving the ram to different slot, reseting bios my manually removing motherboard cell/battery but problem still persists.

i have uploaded a small video of the mentioned problem on youtube (YouTube - strange computer problem). take a look and give any suggestions that u may have. any suggestion is welcome

thanx

try cleanin ram slots n rams with erazer gently...n slots with a brush...swap things....try only with needed things..connect ur rig with pc speaker...n connect only mbo cpu n 1 ram....psu canb the culrpit too...in most cases.

First remove the heatsink and and dismount ur processor and then place it back in the reverse order....then plug power cables to different devices one by one...

@H2O

i have only 1 stick of ram and 1 hdd

@salluks

r u serious?

@WingZero and sumchamp

i will do that and post my response tomorrow as im in office right now.

man if beep is contineous then ram is gone, which is not in ur case
psu quite possible, but i doubt that. try running only fans with psu.

i have a strong feeling that ur mobo is dead

salluks said:
man if beep is contineous then ram is gone, which is not in ur case
psu quite possible, but i doubt that. try running only fans with psu.

i have a strong feeling that ur mobo is dead

which fan u r talking about? psu fan or cabinet fan?

Remove all wires from MB power,reset and LED connector headers now start system by shorting power pins with help of small screw driver.

If still problem exists then remove mother board from cabby attach only CPU/MEMORY/SMPS/HDD/GPU by placing on table etc start by shorting power pins again.

In case on further continuation try changing MB--SMPS--GPU--MEMORY after testing components in another rig.

virus32win said:
Remove all wires from MB power,reset and LED connector headers now start system by shorting power pins with help of small screw driver.
If still problem exists then remove mother board from cabby attach only CPU/MEMORY/SMPS/HDD/GPU by placing on table etc start by shorting power pins again.

In case on further continuation try changing MB--SMPS--GPU--MEMORY after testing components in another rig.

can u elaborate more on this "shorting power pins with help of small screw driver" i have no knowledge about this :ashamed:

first remove ur heatsink( do it carefully)...and then remove ur CPU...again put the CPU and thereafter heatsink on it....may be contact getting loose....

Back