Budget 90k+ Need help: Planning to get a new Gaming PC

Aniruddh

Adept
Hey folks,
I’m planning to build a new gaming pc. Have been waiting for the price of the pc hardware to come down since last 6-8 months so that I can get best bangs for my bucks. But the way things are I don’t see much change in near future, so now have decided to bite the bullet and go ahead with new rig.
My budget is strictly 2L for the entire rig, not a penny more. Currently I don’t have anything with me except for a Dell laptop which I bought a year ago.
In the last year or so have not been keeping up with what’s going on with the latest pc hardware except for checking the price of few things especially gpu on some of the site like md computers and prime abgb. so I’ll need your help on every step.
Im planning to keep this PC for the next 5 years at least.
This PC will primarily be used for gaming and for everything else I’ll use my Dell laptop.
Also, please suggest me some real good games and for this games I’ll spend extra and not included in 2L budget which I’ve kept aside just for gaming rig.

Looking forward for each and every inputs by the experts here.
Thanks

I would say wait a bit more for the GPU market to come down as in 2022 we are seeing the prices come down. I mean even now a 3070Ti is going for 73k (https://www.vedantcomputers.com/graphics-card/asus-tuf-gaming-geforce-rtx-3070-ti-oc-8gb-gddr6x).
But if you don't wanna wait, then the 2L is more than enough.

The common gaming rig specs for this kinda budget would be:
5600X (22k)
aio cooler (nzxt/gigabyte-aorus) (15k)
the asus b550 one or an x570 one from asrock or gigabyte (20k-30k depending on which set you're going for)
3070Ti (70-80k)
16GB ram (14k for 3200Mhz)
1Tb SSD (8k for nvme)
2-4TB HDD (7k)
850W PSU should be fine (12k) (Might need a higher wattage. I don't think so.)
Case (fractal meshify/h510 flow/whatever your preference) (7-11k)

All this adds up to 1.7-1.9L
The thing is the prices I've quoted are like prices from amazon and shit (Very bloated prices). I think you can easily get every single item I've quoted here for less than what I've mentioned from a retail shop. I think you can add a monitor/keyboard and a mouse and it'll still come under 2L.

And am sure someone else can comment and tweak the build and make it even better. Good luck.

I would say wait a bit more for the GPU market to come down as in 2022 we are seeing the prices come down. I mean even now a 3070Ti is going for 73k (https://www.vedantcomputers.com/graphics-card/asus-tuf-gaming-geforce-rtx-3070-ti-oc-8gb-gddr6x).
But if you don't wanna wait, then the 2L is more than enough.

The common gaming rig specs for this kinda budget would be:
5600X (22k)
aio cooler (nzxt/gigabyte-aorus) (15k)
the asus b550 one or an x570 one from asrock or gigabyte (20k-30k depending on which set you're going for)
3070Ti (70-80k)
16GB ram (14k for 3200Mhz)
1Tb SSD (8k for nvme)
2-4TB HDD (7k)
850W PSU should be fine (12k) (Might need a higher wattage. I don't think so.)
Case (fractal meshify/h510 flow/whatever your preference) (7-11k)

All this adds up to 1.7-1.9L
The thing is the prices I've quoted are like prices from amazon and shit (Very bloated prices). I think you can easily get every single item I've quoted here for less than what I've mentioned from a retail shop. I think you can add a monitor/keyboard and a mouse and it'll still come under 2L.

And am sure someone else can comment and tweak the build and make it even better. Good luck.
Thanks a ton for your invaluable inputs.really appreciate.

1- I’ll be getting my pc through md computers locally, so most probably will be getting everything at the price which is mentioned on their website.

2- I don’t think I’d like to wait further. Will go ahead with the purchase next week.

3- kindly do suggest a good gaming monitor as I don’t have iota of knowledge regarding this.

4- I’ll like a mobo with Wi-Fi, preferably asus. Don’t know much about asrock but gigabyte has got a very bad reputation here in my city when it comes to after sales service.

5- AMD is still better than it’s intel counterpart when it comes to gaming and every day working of a pc? Can you also suggest a intel based rig equivalent to the AMD one?

6- Rexently I’ve read some where that ddr5 ram is already out and given that I’ll be keeping this pc for years to come, won’t it be better to go with ddr5 ram instead of ddr4 at this juncture? Provided they are stable and availability of decent mobo to go with it?

7- Which are the two best psu brands in India?

I had 3 monitors. One LG Ultragear 27inch FHD 144Hz IPS panel (Got it for 17k iirc) and 2 Dell 24inch 60Hz IPS panel.
Now downgraded to one lg and one dell monitor as I've realized I can manage whatever with just the two monitors.

As for RAM, I don't think DDR5 is the "norm" yet. And its crazy expensive as well. If you want it you can go for it but it'll break the budget plus I don't think its even remotely needed for the things that you're gonna be doing.

For PSU, this is just things I've heard not actually checked or read up on. I've heard Corsair and Seasonic are good brands. For my recent build I was going to go for NZXT as I think thats built upon or built by Seasonic (Again just things I've read and not confirmed)

For an intel equivalent build someone else would have to help you out on that. Ik that the latest gen is on par if not better for scenarios. But the last Intel line-up I was upto date on was the 9th gen.

Screenshot 2022-03-28 at 3.24.20 PM.png

This configuration looks really nice.

Is deepcool 750 psu good enough to handle this pc without any fuss? Also, will I be able to upgrade few things if needed in the future?

Only thing I’ll need to get separately is monitor and keyboard, mouse?

What does KF stand for in this 12700 processor? How different it is compared to normal 12700? Does this proccy comes with onboard gpu?

Thanks

If you're doing casual gaming the 250SSD and the 1TB HDD should be ok. But anything more than that, you should up those drives.
Also I don't know much about that case but judging by the solid front panel, is it case with average/bad flow?

This configuration looks really nice.

Is deepcool 750 psu good enough to handle this pc without any fuss? Also, will I be able to upgrade few things if needed in the future?

Only thing I’ll need to get separately is monitor and keyboard, mouse?

What does KF stand for in this 12700 processor? How different it is compared to normal 12700? Does this proccy comes with onboard gpu?

Thanks
The KF has no onboard GPU.

Yes the Deepcool 750 is more than adequate.

Although, as excited as you are, the wiser thing to do is to wait a bit longer. GPU prices are crashing to MSRP across the globe. It's only in India that greedy retailers are trying to profit still by selling at old prices. They are getting GPUs from vendors at much lower prices, yet sell at a ludicrous overhead.

Prices should lower very soon here, as well.

The KF has no onboard GPU.

Yes the Deepcool 750 is more than adequate.

Although, as excited as you are, the wiser thing to do is to wait a bit longer. GPU prices are crashing to MSRP across the globe. It's only in India that greedy retailers are trying to profit still by selling at old prices. They are getting GPUs from vendors at much lower prices, yet sell at a ludicrous overhead.

Prices should lower very soon here, as well.
Ok thanks for the suggestion.

How long do you think it’ll take in India to have a stable gpu pricing? I don’t have issues waiting for few weeks/months if there is real good chance getting top hardware at a reasonable price. Not only I’ll save some bucks but can get a better pc at same budget.

Ok thanks for the suggestion.

How long do you think it’ll take in India to have a stable gpu pricing? I don’t have issues waiting for few weeks/months if there is real good chance getting top hardware at a reasonable price. Not only I’ll save some bucks but can get a better pc at same budget.
I'm hoping things will be much better in the next month or two

Just two weeks ago you could get a 3070 for 80-85k.
Now 3070Ti's are 70-80k (online. Could be slightly better in retail shops) and a 3080 for 85k. Thats why we're suggesting you wait a few weeks or even a month.

Now 3070Ti's are 70-80k (online. Could be slightly better in retail shops) and a 3080 for 85k. Thats why we're suggesting you wait a few weeks or even a month.
I'm hoping things will be much better in the next month or two
Since have waited for almost a year, I don’t see any harm waiting a little longer to get the best out of it.
2 or three...and if you have time till diwali it will be a huge bonus dhamaka!
I don’t think I’ll be able to wait till Diwali which is almost 6 months away from now. Maybe 2-3months? That should make things a little better I reckon.
CPU Cooler - Deepcool AK620 - 5.3k

Mobo - MSI B660M Mortar - 16.5k

RAM - 2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz CL18 - 11k

GPU - RTX 3080 10GB - 86.6k (https://www.vedantcomputers.com/msi-geforce-rtx-3080-ventus-3x-plus-10gb-oc-lhr-gddr6x)

M.2 SSD - WD SN750SE 1TB NVMe - 9k

HDD - None

PSU - Corsair RM850 - 12k

Cabinet - Lian Li Lancool II Mesh - 8k

Monitor - Acer XV272U - 25k

Total - 203.4k
This looks perfect especially if I can get 3080 gpu in my budget then it’ll be icing on the cake. Is this acer monitor QHD with 144?
A member was selling his 6900XT for 76K until yesterday before it got sold.

That would have been one hell of a deal! :D
Oh missed it
Ya have decided that I’ll wait for some time and than get the new pc.

Don’t go mad at me but just a wild thought of considering PS5 which I can get within a week from a local shop if I make the complete payment within a day or two. But I’ll have to buy 4 PS5 titles from him which won’t be of my choice. 50k+17k for ps5 and 4 games which he is bulldozing along with ps5.

Thanks

Since have waited for almost a year, I don’t see any harm waiting a little longer to get the best out of it.

I don’t think I’ll be able to wait till Diwali which is almost 6 months away from now. Maybe 2-3months? That should make things a little better I reckon.

This looks perfect especially if I can get 3080 gpu in my budget then it’ll be icing on the cake. Is this acer monitor QHD with 144?

Oh missed it

Ya have decided that I’ll wait for some time and than get the new pc.

Don’t go mad at me but just a wild thought of considering PS5 which I can get within a week from a local shop if I make the complete payment within a day or two. But I’ll have to buy 4 PS5 titles from him which won’t be of my choice. 50k+17k for ps5 and 4 games which he is bulldozing along with ps5.

Thanks
Let's say you get a PS5 for a total cost of 67K

Assuming you'd want to play with friends, you will have to get another controller - 5K

The built-in storage has usable space of 667GB. Thus, you'll need a compatible GEN 4 SSD. Let's take the WDSN850 1TB - 14K

Your total base cost amounts to INR 86k.

Now, I haven't touched upon the added costs of peripherals such as the PS Pulse Headset - 9K

Maybe your TV/Monitor isn't good enough and you need something better. For redundancy, I'll assume 25K for it.

Now, your new cost is INR 1.20L.

Keep in mind that PS5 games are very expensive right now, so you will have to factor those in. Whereas on PC, digital platforms such as Steam / Epic / GOG have regular (amazing) sales from time to time, even on newer titles.

Lastly, nothing beats the thrill of building your very first high end PC.

Why would we be mad man? Lol
The end goal is to have fun whether it be on a pc, ps5 or a potato.
yeah true that
Let's say you get a PS5 for a total cost of 67K

Assuming you'd want to play with friends, you will have to get another controller - 5K

The built-in storage has usable space of 667GB. Thus, you'll need a compatible GEN 4 SSD. Let's take the WDSN850 1TB - 14K

Your total base cost amounts to INR 86k.

Now, I haven't touched upon the added costs of peripherals such as the PS Pulse Headset - 9K

Maybe your TV/Monitor isn't good enough and you need something better. For redundancy, I'll assume 25K for it.

Now, your new cost is INR 1.20L.

Keep in mind that PS5 games are very expensive right now, so you will have to factor those in. Whereas on PC, digital platforms such as Steam / Epic / GOG have regular (amazing) sales from time to time, even on newer titles.

Lastly, nothing beats the thrill of building your very first high end PC.
Ya you’re right. Also, I personally feel the kind of experience one get playing games on PC is far better than that on Playstations. Gaming on Console can’t match the experience we get on PC games with all the bells and whistles enabled. Saying this from my personal experience. Although I have a decent 43” 4K tv but still I’d wait and get the pc assembled in the next few months when the price settle down. Thanks
Good choice.Wait a little longer and get the new AM5 platform and cheaper GPUs.3070ti is now available @ 66k approx.
Ya will surely going to do that.

Thanks

Back