PC Peripherals Need help - Realtek Ethernet adapter doesn't restore internet

shadowfax90

Recruit
Hi fam!
I am facing this issue continuously and its getting very frustrating.
Have tried searching a lot of tech forums and Google searches but has not yielded any results.

So this is my networking setup:
I have an ACT fiber connection which is connected to a TP Link Deco M9 which is the main router.
An ethernet cable connects the M9's out port to an old D-Link router that I had that I have configured as a simple switch.
This "switch" has 4 output ethernet cables feeding different devices, one of which is my Desktop PC.

Now, the problem that I face is - ACT internet goes down for a few minutes and gets restored. The M9 restores internet for all wireless devices and the D-Link "switch" also restores connection to all the hardwired devices (other M9s) shortly.
But somehow, my desktop's ethernet adapter seems to keep thinking that there's no internet even after hours!
The only solution is to either unplug & replug the ethernet cable or by disabling & enabling the Realtek Ethernet adapter in Windows networking settings.

If somebody has faced this or managed to solve this somehow please help me!

Hi fam!
I am facing this issue continuously and its getting very frustrating.
Have tried searching a lot of tech forums and Google searches but has not yielded any results.

So this is my networking setup:
I have an ACT fiber connection which is connected to a TP Link Deco M9 which is the main router.
An ethernet cable connects the M9's out port to an old D-Link router that I had that I have configured as a simple switch.
This "switch" has 4 output ethernet cables feeding different devices, one of which is my Desktop PC.

Now, the problem that I face is - ACT internet goes down for a few minutes and gets restored. The M9 restores internet for all wireless devices and the D-Link "switch" also restores connection to all the hardwired devices (other M9s) shortly.
But somehow, my desktop's ethernet adapter seems to keep thinking that there's no internet even after hours!
The only solution is to either unplug & replug the ethernet cable or by disabling & enabling the Realtek Ethernet adapter in Windows networking settings.

If somebody has faced this or managed to solve this somehow please help me!
updated realtek drivers?

Update - Updating drivers did not help. I still have to manually turn off the ethernet adapter and turn it back on every time my ISP trips.

Does this happen with another machine like a laptop. your d link router might be the issue. some testing with another router or device can give you clarity
Also have you given manual ip's or is everything set to auto?

Back