need help regarding mp3 player and disc man

MAGNeT

Skilled
guys actually my sis birthday is in this month ...and i want to giv a gift to her.....i have decided that ill gift her a discman and an portable mp3 player....now guys i need suggestion of u ppl.......

i hav a budget of 10k(max ard if i get decent solution is less price its highly appreciateable...my comp budget money will b saved..lol)

nyways.....i m looking for a discman which must play all formats cd(i mean cds write on comp)...and must have a lcd display.....and must have fm stations.......sony model will b preferable...i know..sony is xpensive so hav kept 5k for this budget...........other models will b appreciated..also guys do post pictures....most probably ill get the stuff frm heera panna(mumbai).....but i want a solution that last long(atlest 4 years)

regarding mp3 player this is a bonus gift for her..........so looking 4 one...i dont hav any idea abt this........
this one looks good but is my final option

http://www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=52668&cat_id=615

i was thinking something of sort of dongle(handsfree type)...which directly remains on ear and can play songs..and also fm functionality in this too
..........and minimum 256mb memory but i guess within 5k its not possible...but any ideas abt it....

Personally I will never go for an MP3 player which isnt branded and so wont recommend it. The reasons are obvious as with other electronic equipment.

The MuVo slim however is good stuff. Creative has MP3 players with good reviews and the only thing agaisnt them is the memory space that they provide.
As for the diskman I believe the sony atrac cd walkman are the best after iRiver ones.

A regular Sony discman should be ~3.5-4K (no mp3, only audio cd's also suporting CD R and RW )
I have a Sony discman that I want to sell off, but then it is a gift, so you may want to buy a new one.....
With the remianing cash, you should be easily able to buy a flash based MP3 player...
Personally I will never go for an MP3 player which isnt branded and so wont recommend it.

Renegade, Do you really think an unbranded flash base player would be that bad....I mean I personally would not buy say a HDD based mp3 player that's unbranded, but wouldn't have too many qualms abt buying a generic flash based mp3

10k is huge dude...

SOny Discman should come arnd 4 k.....and as for mp3 player i suggest u give her either Iriver or if u cant get that...give her an IPOD Shuffle...the 512mb version will fall within 5k....
last i enquired about Ipod shuffle 1gb in delhi it costed 6,250 with bill :)

IceFusion said:
10k is huge dude...

SOny Discman should come arnd 4 k.....and as for mp3 player i suggest u give her either Iriver or if u cant get that...give her an IPOD Shuffle...the 512mb version will fall within 5k....
last i enquired about Ipod shuffle 1gb in delhi it costed 6,250 with bill :)
LOL that cant be cos the shuffle 1GB is 149$ in the states :p. He probably gave u 512MB prices ;)

I was also wondering the same thing.... It is cheap but not that cheap...

I would still recommend the iriver. For the prices, they are AWESOME.

Just out of curiosity - why are you getting a separate discman and MP3 player ?

For your budget of 10K you could perhaps try looking for a 4GB iPod Mini instead of 2 separate players!

i giving her 2 stuffs becoz....i know she is carless though she elder than me.......i know she will bang the discman within a year...becoz she has habit to play songs anytime she is ard..nywhere(even if someone died) ..also she sleeps keeping comp on.........
the other one i taking for myself........but will share with her.........she is already 24 and may marry soon(then will pass it to her).......and presently i hav the money which i never had........thats why.....other details ill check and reply soon guys

btw ipod i thing its really a damn xpensive stuff with much less feature(i guess its been made keeping only the rich section into mind)...thats why i didnt enquired abt it here...nyways ill check the links and will c if certain thing is eye candy than i may go 4 it..........

okkay i luved this iriver stuff...nd guess its a reputted stuff also......

this r the prices
Code:
Model number  Capacity  MRP(Rupees)Inclusive of all taxes  
H10 5 GB 15,999 
N10/11 256 MB 8,499 
ifp790 256 MB 5,999 
ifp795 512 MB 7,900 
T30 256 MB 4,999 
T30 512 MB 6,499 
T30 1 GB 9,999 
Color Options
T30 256M Titan Silver 
512M Lawn Green 
1G Rose Red 
T20 256M Titan Silver 
512M Deep Red 
1G Light Gold 
T10 256M Line Green 
512M Cherry Red 
1G Lemon Yellow 
N11 / N10 256M Black 
512M Black 
1G Black 
IFP-700 256M Grey / Red 
512M Black 
1G Violet 
H10 5G/6G Grey /Blue/Silver/Red

i m interested in that n series one but it looks damn xpensive..also 256mb is damn low i guess...i want ard 512mb..and most preferably 1gb.........

so is there ny better stuff say 1 gb with all the feature of n series here.........and as much portable as this is......can wear as necklave/loket........
4 get abt discman ill check the sony brand and will get that....btw is philips a gud buy in discman..heard it provides lot mor feature than sony

ill gift discman only.......mp3 players r xpensive...i guess when the 1gb memory one will come in budget ill get that........i will save the 6k 4 psp....4 now....

Back