Need help sourcing a battery for Thinkpad T450

I have a Thinkpad T450 with a 5th gen i5 that works just fine, but the battery is completely shot and cannot hold charge even for a few minutes.

I have a desktop with decent specs, a few usff systems that host all the apps that I need and a work provided powerful macbook pro 16. So the only use that I have for a laptop is to remotely connect to the systems I have at home and all the VPS that are active when I am not at home. For which I feel the T450 is enough. I've owned a powerful XPS15 and a macbook pro in the past, but since the pandemic started, and I started working remotely, I soon got rid of the other laptops.

I see a few batteries on ebay for 40-60$, but I do not wish to spend that much, as the T450 will be used very rarely, only a few times a month.

With all the new Ryzen laptops and newer macbooks, I am very tempted to spend on a new machine, but want to try and hold off for some time.

Thanks for reading,
Cheers. :)

But none of these are lenovo batteries as far as I can tell. Do batteries like these work fine?
Ohh you're looking for original ones. I bet it will be very hard to find unless you can find used ones.

They should work but I doubt they are good. One of my non-original laptop battery lasts for around 30 minutes.

I did buy a aftermarket battery for the t450 a couple of years ago. Now it can barely hold charge for a few minutes. I dont even use it much, still it is in such state.

I have a Thinkpad T450 with a 5th gen i5 that works just fine, but the battery is completely shot and cannot hold charge even for a few minutes.

I have a desktop with decent specs, a few usff systems that host all the apps that I need and a work provided powerful macbook pro 16. So the only use that I have for a laptop is to remotely connect to the systems I have at home and all the VPS that are active when I am not at home. For which I feel the T450 is enough. I've owned a powerful XPS15 and a macbook pro in the past, but since the pandemic started, and I started working remotely, I soon got rid of the other laptops.

I see a few batteries on ebay for 40-60$, but I do not wish to spend that much, as the T450 will be used very rarely, only a few times a month.

With all the new Ryzen laptops and newer macbooks, I am very tempted to spend on a new machine, but want to try and hold off for some time.

Thanks for reading,
Cheers. :)
You can try https://laptopgallery.in/. I bought one recently for my son and the battery is good. You can whatsapp them and discuss your needs.

Back