Skilled
Hi guys, have run into something really odd here. But first the system specs:

AMD Ryzen 3500x
Gigabyte B550 Auros Pro
Crucial 8x2 GB
MSI gaming X 1070ti
Crucial NVME ssd
CM 1000 wards gold psu
Something odd just happened out of the blue today. I was using the system and put it off. A few hours later I turned it on again and there was no video output. The monitor is just a blue screen with no hdmi input.

I first got a new dvid to hdmi cable, but problem persists. I then qflashed the motherboard bios to the latest version, removed battery, cleared CMOS, but still the same issue.
I moved the gpu to another pcie slot, but that didn't help either. Now I am confused as to whether the motherboard is bad or the gpu has gone bad. My last resort will be to take everything to SP road and get it checked. But if you guys have any suggestions before doing that, I could see if that works. I see multiple similar queries on the net, but am unable to see any resolution of the issue. Since the gpu is out of warranty, I only hope it is the motherboard.

If you have an older GPU, try using that. Double check if all power cords are connected firmly (PCIE, EPS, PSU side connectors, etc.). Can you hear any beep sound? If so, try describing the beep pattern. Also, how were you able to flash the bios without a display?

Ohh, then try some other GPU to confirm. Most probably its a GPU failure especially if the CPU fan is spinning fine. My GT 710 in one of my pc died a few days back just like that.

Does your motherboard have diagnostic LEDs? Can you connect a speaker and check for beeps?

Yes, the motherboard does have diagnostic leds and it circle through CPU and memory and gets stuck at VGA. Now, according to what I have read, this can be a motherboard, VGA or events monitor issue. I am just unable to figure this out.

I don't have a motherboard speaker..and sadly I don't have an extra card with me either. I guess the only way to test this is to take the whole setup to sp road and then figure it out. Hopefully nothings bad and it just needs some small thing to be fixed.

You can try re-seating the card once more after cleaning the contacts with a contact cleaner (I use wd40) or IPA. You can connect any small speaker to your motherboard if you have the female connectors lying around (from an old case, PATA cables, etc.). From my experience, I have noticed that RAM and PCIe slots tend to create contact problems because of dust/oxidation when they get old. A thorough cleaning helps fix most of these issues.

Went to SP road and had the system checked by the guy I know. The 1070ti is dead and not outputting any signal. I then took a copy of the bill and went to Kaizen as it's just opposite. They flatly refused to take the card for RMA even though I still have more than 2 weeks left of the warranty as I had bought it on march 22nd 2018. Now they say I have to get an email from MSI before they will process. This is really unprofessional. Any help with this will be great guys. The guy at the RMA counter says the card manufacturing date is more than 3 years now, so they cannot process it.

Same thing happened with me Corsai/Kaizen Delhi refused to honour my warrant. Only after getting help from Corsair US/forums. They agreed to allow the RMA. Chor hai ek number ke. It took 10 months(March 2020 - Jan 2021) of struggle.

Went to SP road and had the system checked by the guy I know. The 1070ti is dead and not outputting any signal. I then took a copy of the bill and went to Kaizen as it's just opposite. They flatly refused to take the card for RMA even though I still have more than 2 weeks left of the warranty as I had bought it on march 22nd 2018. Now they say I have to get an email from MSI before they will process. This is really unprofessional. Any help with this will be great guys. The guy at the RMA counter says the card manufacturing date is more than 3 years now, so they cannot process it.
Contact rahul of msi on fb or reddit

Spoke to them on the phone and they have replied to my email saying they want original bill and not printed bill. I am confused now. I have sent them a copy of the bill in the email.

I have replied to them saying this is the original bill that I have and they are still asking for printed bill from the time of purchase...
Contact rahul of msi on fb or reddit
Rahul from Acro?

Spoke to them on the phone and they have replied to my email saying they want original bill and not printed bill. I am confused now. I have sent them a copy of the bill in the email.

I have replied to them saying this is the original bill that I have and they are still asking for printed bill from the time of purchase...

Rahul from Acro?
They need bill with seal and signature of seller. They are not accepting computer generated bills.
No he is from MSI only i guess.
FromnWherr was the card purchased

Last edited:
I have shown thema bill with stamp and signature. Thanks for clearing that. Earlier photo of the bill I had shared only had the top part of the bill.

So guys, need some input here. MSI are saying the card is dead and they will offer a replacement after checking stocks. Which card do you think makes sense as a replacement?

2060 and above ,don't negotiate on 1660ti because those would be readily available but are slower than 1070ti ,

If you are truly open MSi 5700XT would be a good card as well ,and a good chance that it would be available.

Ask him for more options , and escalate hard ,the best time to for a bad gpu in warranty

your criteria should be same amount of vram (so 2060 is out of picture due to lower vram) or better and performance same or better

it would be difficult but if you could get 1080ti that too would be great ,if you get 20 or 30 series card things would be lit

Last edited:
Back