Need help to choose an Air Purifier for Delhi home?

Hi guys, I live in Delhi and those who live in Delhi must be aware how the air quality becomes in winters.

I am looking for an air purifier and have a budget of around 15k.
My house size is 600 sq ft and is a 2 BHK.

I have no experience with air purifiers so posting here for some input.

I have MI purifier, works good.
From personal experience of buying several iterations of the MI purifiers, I do not recommend them. Yes, they do what they're supposed to, but they're not built to be user serviceable at all. I tried to give mine a deep clean, and it was one hell of a process I do not have any inclination of repeating. Where MI really makes money here is on the filters (the low initial investment is just a lure). They do not last long in the sort of conditions we have in the capital, and the RFID system which shows us filter health is flawed. The filter has more life than the purifier suggests and each replacement is INR 2400 (25% of the cost of a new purifier) a pop. I wrapped my filter in a filter cloth to extend it's life, but the purifier forces you to eventually replace it (very wasteful). I found this workaround, but the stickers never got to me despite the seller being kind enough to mail them several times.

I would look for a purifier which at least has a washable pre-filter. You'll find options galore on Amazon and enough user reviews to help you make a decision.

From personal experience of buying several iterations of the MI purifiers, I do not recommend them. Yes, they do what they're supposed to, but they're not built to be user serviceable at all. I tried to give mine a deep clean, and it was one hell of a process I do not have any inclination of repeating. Where MI really makes money here is on the filters (the low initial investment is just a lure). They do not last long in the sort of conditions we have in the capital, and the RFID system which shows us filter health is flawed. The filter has more life than the purifier suggests and each replacement is INR 2400 a pop. I wrapped my filter in a filter cloth to extend it's life, but the purifier forces you to eventually replace it (very wasteful). I found this workaround, but the stickers never got to me despite the seller being kind enough to mail them several times.

I would look for a purifier which at least has a washable pre-filter. You'll find options galore on Amazon and enough user reviews to help you make a decision.
Help us with a washable filter purifier :)

Anyone has any experience with Breathify?
They don't have PCB and if anything goes wrong after the warranty, I can just swap out the fan. I will be getting the one that covers 450 sq feet (without WIFI) and might add a smaller one(150 sq feet model) or a single room.

I also shortlisted Honeywell Air One V4 but it has electrical components so afraid of what would happen after warranty is over.

Coway seems good but the coverage is less.

+1, Looking for same, another first time buyer for Air purifier.

Someone please suggest a efficient purifier with low maintenance cost.

anybody knows if it is possible to get merv 13 air filters walls for cheap in india?
possiblity of making Corsi-Rosenthal air filter box.?

Have done extensive research on air purifiers and how to breathe clean air as a former Delhi resident (I moved out nearly 3 years ago - which is actually the best solution).

Currently the Mi Air Purifier 4 Lite is the best when it comes to price, performance and features. It doesn’t have ioniser (which no one should get), it’s easy to clean unlike the older models and it doesn’t have that useless RFiD system that looks for genuine filters. It was available for 9k until recently and now everyone is buying so price shot up.

Have done extensive research on air purifiers and how to breathe clean air as a former Delhi resident (I moved out nearly 3 years ago - which is actually the best solution).

Currently the Mi Air Purifier 4 Lite is the best when it comes to price, performance and features. It doesn’t have ioniser (which no one should get), it’s easy to clean unlike the older models and it doesn’t have that useless RFiD system that looks for genuine filters. It was available for 9k until recently and now everyone is buying so price shot up.
Hi. Could you please detail how this is easier to clean compared to the previous models? Does it show the filter life left like the prev iterations? Asking because I'm looking to get one more for the house.

Hi. Could you please detail how this is easier to clean compared to the previous models? Does it show the filter life left like the prev iterations? Asking because I'm looking to get one more for the house.
In particular the new 4 Lite is a completely different construction. Press the sides in and the top half separates. This is the part with the motor, fan, all electronics. The lower half is just a passive container with the cylindrical filter inside it.

In fact, the regular 4 (not 4 lite) has a top removable fan grill as well - for easier cleaning. But that has the ionizer and the stupid RFID lock system which I don't agree with.

BTW I totally know what you mean about cleaning the older ones. I have a 3, and the whole thing has to be disassembled from the bottom upwards, just to get to the fan blades. Huge pain.

I managed to snag amazon basics air purifier couple days ago at 2.7k after 10% discount (3k original price). As per reviews it is a rebranded Toshiba purifier with original model number being Toshiba CAF-X116XPL.

I has Hepa 13 filter and Its CADR Value is 700 m³/h which appears to be 1.5 to 2 times of competition.

As I am a first time air purifier buyer I was wondering whether I won the lottery for once or "If its to good to be true it probably is"?

I've two purifiers, Smartair and Philips AC1215 1000.
They both do fine job of cleaning air, although Philips one is louder.

The only gripe I've, is the Philips one don't have the HEPA filter available for it anymore(I did end up finding one on amazon, not sure if its original), but it's no longer in their official site.

I don't think Philips have "universal " HEPA filter which will fit the model I've(I maybe wrong). But I rather buy Smartair again compared to philips.
Smartair is just a fan and sort of plastic box.
At least they provide long term parts for the purifier.

I'm looking to buy another purifier and now one of my priority is availability of parts/filters.

Waiting for other members to chime in with suggestions, I was thinking of mi 4 but the prices are jacked up now.

I've two purifiers, Smartair and Philips AC1215 1000.
They both do fine job of cleaning air, although Philips one is louder.

The only gripe I've, is the Philips one don't have the HEPA filter available for it anymore(I did end up finding one on amazon, not sure if its original), but it's no longer in their official site.

I don't think Philips have "universal " HEPA filter which will fit the model I've(I maybe wrong). But I rather buy Smartair again compared to philips.
Smartair is just a fan and sort of plastic box.
At least they provide long term parts for the purifier.

I'm looking to buy another purifier and now one of my priority is availability of parts/filters.

Waiting for other members to chime in with suggestions, I was thinking of mi 4 but the prices are jacked up now.
Smart air is good - I have tested an earlier version they had called the cannon - with my handheld laser particle counters. But 100% agree with their filter availability. Same reason I recommend the Mi 4 lite - filters are cheap, long lasting and easily available (even third party ones). I had air purifiers from Philips, Panasonic and Eureka Forbes and filters just weren’t easily available.

Any air purifier needs to be measured against the following 5
1 - up front price
2 - how much air can it push (CADR)
3 - ease of maintenance
4 - replacement filter cost
5 - availability of replacement filters

I recommend Coway based on my experience with Atlanta Healthcare, Philips, and a few others. They often offer discounts for direct purchases, so it's worth contacting them via WhatsApp (details on their website), especially if you're buying multiple units.

any air purifiers for a smoker's room ? its a medium sized room, no idea about square footage. amount of options on amazon is overwhelming. :(

Back