Need Help to set up TV+5.1 Home Theater system

Doremon

Adept
Interior work is running on in my new House. Now, stage come to buy an electronic product line.

For drawing room-20'x 18', I need suggestion on combo of latest technology FHD-48"-60" TV + 5.1 Home Theatre system. Sony top of mind for both - TV and HTS, any day.

I wish to grab wireless, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth/other latest sharing technology enabled package so that any time any instrument like phone, I-pod, Tablet, laptop can be pair instantly for Audio and Video streaming/sharing on TV Screen as well in 5.1 HT Speaker system. The connectivity and function should be instant and uninterrupted without disturbing mood. :)

Also, TV Audio output should be in 5.1 HT speakers and TV stands idle while playing only 5.1 HT system and other instruments-phone, I-pod, Tablet, lappy etc.

I wish to extend Audio output to Change room (2 Bathroom) from HTS too.

I assume clean & neat wireless installation. Budget-1 lac. Edit:- 1.50 lac

Pl suggest.

Edit:- In brief, wish to connect & share audio & video by ALL instruments (phone-->camera--->laptop-->Tab-->Audio gears (ipod etc)--->Home PC) at par with single AV source:- TV+HTS . Connectivity may be through BT, Wi-Fi, NFC, Hdmi, etc etc. Should be wireless.

Last edited:
Congratulations on the new house.

Honestly, one lac is too less a budget and you'd only manage to get entry level equipment in that budget. If I were you, I would have opted for the best plasma in the largest size that I can get for around 65-75K. For the home theatre you have two options, either opt for a HTiB or a component system. You'd get a good HTiB in around 30-35K but it cannot match a component based system i.e. a receiver and speaker set. Ideally get a receiver for around 30K (if you are on a budget) and 2 speakers for around 20K (something like the Pioneer FS52). You can later on upgrade the system with center, subwoofer and surrounds.

thanks Kneo.

I don't mind to upgrade budget for decent Sound quality and Sound level HTS as well good TV. Not sure which technology though.

It raise up to 1.5 L. Target is to set awesome & unique system as we all are music lovers. Don't want to compromise anything here but VFM choice is must.

since panasonic has sadly quit the plasma mkt, i would suggest getting a projector instead of a TV (if you cant find a large plasma from panasonic at any store). samsung does have a 65" plasma TV, but recently read about a member having issues with it just as the warranty expired, so cant recommend it, even though its said to have an exceptional PQ. TVs nowadays are becoming difficult to invest in, owing to quality-issues.

dont know about wireless speakers, but how about a good wired/wireless soundbar? may check at hifimart. also, you may get a good home-theatre (avr + separate spkrs), get a music streamer, get all the wiring concealed, and you're good to go! i had got a similar thing done at my home recently.

Here's how I would evaluate the projector.

A projector is great for movie watching and is the ultimate choice when it comes to the 'display' part of the HT equation. But you'd only enjoy blurays and HD content on it. For regular TV watching viz. daily soaps for family, news, regular sports (which are not in HD) I'd rather have a large screen plasma. So a projector for me is more of an add-on to an existing HT.

If you are doing renovations, wires should not be a problem, so don't opt for wifi enabled speakers even if you manage to find one in India. The price premium you'd end up paying on it would be unjustified. Just run 14 AWG wires through conduits set up for a 7.1 system (or even a 9.1 system if you're really into movies).

Try and look at your usage - movies v/s music. I've seen people setting up kick-ass systems and then use it just 2-3 times a month. That's just a waste. If you feel that you are into music and would end up using the HT for listening to music more than movies, try and get yourself a stereo amp + 2 speakers to begin with. This would be cheaper than a receiver + 2 speakers.

The Pioneer Andrew Jones FS52 + BS22 have got rave reviews for being a value for money speakers. Look at those along with an entry level AVR (Marantz/Yamaha/Denon). You will get these in around 75-80K (max).

My setup for your consideration if you can find it in India.
For wifi and bluetooth in budget range this is my AVR and it works very well..
http://usa.denon.com/us/product/hometheater/avreceiversht/avrx1100w

Can do 2 zones so different music in different rooms. so like 5.1 in TV room and 2.0 in another room for mucic. Can control via wifi and steam from spotify and other streaming services.

My speakers are http://www.definitivetech.com/products/procinema-600-system Small and compact but very good sounding ..

So a projector for me is more of an add-on to an existing HT.
since panasonic has sadly quit the plasma mkt, i would suggest getting a projector instead of a TV (if you cant find a large plasma from panasonic at any store)
Projector is big no though ready on compromising size of TV. It would be fix around 50" size.
dont know about wireless speakers, but how about a good wired/wireless soundbar? may check at hifimart. also, you may get a good home-theatre (avr + separate spkrs), get a music streamer, get all the wiring concealed, and you're good to go! i had got a similar thing done at my home recently.
can you elaborate system installed? wiring concealing not an issue but system should be connect/access by all gears-phone, lappy, tab, I-pod etc. through BT, Wi-Fi, Dlna or either.
Try and look at your usage - movies v/s music. I've seen people setting up kick-ass systems and then use it just 2-3 times a month. That's just a waste.
W (self+spouse) are @80% music + 20% movie as the reverse case of kids:)
try and get yourself a stereo amp + 2 speakers to begin with. This would be cheaper than a receiver + 2 speakers.
can you pl explain both the system (amp+2spk & receiver+2spk) in my case? may be noob question.

My setup for your consideration if you can find it in India.
For wifi and bluetooth in budget range this is my AVR and it works very well..
http://usa.denon.com/us/product/hometheater/avreceiversht/avrx1100w
Can do 2 zones so different music in different rooms. so like 5.1 in TV room and 2.0 in another room for mucic. Can control via wifi and steam from spotify and other streaming services.
My speakers are http://www.definitivetech.com/products/procinema-600-system Small and compact but very good sounding ..
This is what exactly I wish to have. Great plan. 2.0-second channel output would be required within 2500sqft area of bungalows. Also, assuming 2500sqft area not a constraint in Wi-Fi /BT streaming to enjoy qualitative AV streaming. Wondering if I can get this in India-Ahmedabad?

The speakers are still connected via wires just can be separated in zones.. To do wireless speakers you will need a different device in addition and may affect sound quality....

If you are really into music, I'd strongly recommend getting a stereo amp. Ignore movies for the time being. If you keep the budget constant, say for example 30K, you'd get a very good stereo amp but just an entry level receiver. The music reproduction of a stereo amp is definitely going to be much much better than a receiver 'at the same price point'. If you are indeed looking for a secondary system sometime in your future, do consider getting that secondary system right now and wait for the movie setup.

An integrated stereo amp would just provide basic pre-amp, amplification and in some cases DAC functionality (and hence integrated). A receiver does much more than that and is a audio/video processor. It has multiple inputs and multiple outputs. It's kind of like a central hub for your entertainment system. All kinds of signals (audio/video) can be input to the receiver, it would then process this and give you an audio and video output.

Typically spend around 50-60% on speakers, 20-30% on amplifications and 10-15% of your budget on source.

If you are unsure, just get a small Tripath amp (2020) for around 6-7K and some good bookshelves (around 20-25K). You would be amazed at the sound quality of this kind of a budget system. If you then upgrade and get a good DAC (something like ODAC or Dragonfly) in this chain just after the source, it'd sound even better. I'd advice you to listen to some stereo system and receivers before you put your money on them. Mumbai/Ahd would have quite a few shops where you'd be able to get the system. Head over to hifivision for a more surgical advice on AV systems.

Kneo: Sensible thoughts on Stereo Amp to start with but I would be not satisfy kinda that type of setup as I am music lover.

Secondly, I wish to install full & final HT system What I figure out till now is to check onkyo 5.1 Digital Atmos, Denon & Sonos speaker quite close to what i considered.

Back