Laptops Need help urgently to BUY LAPTOP <32k

laptop7

Disciple
hi,, i need to buy a laptop less than 32k with in 2 days (fr MBA)

which one is best
1.Acer 5738z
2. DellTM Inspiron 15 - Back to College
r any other laptop like lenova

Another option is the Acer 4736.
Since it has a 14 inch screen, it is lighter than the Acer 5738. The only disadvantage is its lower capacity battery when compared to that present in the 5738. So if you want something that lasts for a long time go for the 5738 but if you want something light, go for the 4736.

Among the two that you have mentioned, I would suggest the 5738z.
But the 5738z(Intel T4200, 2GB RAM) costs 28k while the Acer Aspire 5738(Intel T6400, 3GB RAM) costs 33k.
So it is better to buy the Acer Aspire 5738 rather than the 5738z if you can increase your budget by 1k.

laptop7 said:
in which way dell is better ??
Acer have much more good spec compare to dell.....

The after sales service of Dell is much better than that of Acer.

But I would still suggest you buy any Acer laptop rather than a similarly priced Dell laptop as the specs are much much better.

I have around 5-6 friends in college who want laptop for general purpose. budget 30k . Do you think I can get discount If I purchase in bulk . Please suggest some models ?

More ram, more hdd doesnot always mean its better. Dell's Lattutude series has the same spec like XPS and Inspirons. Ever wondered why its is almost twice as expensive with the same specs?

laptop7 said:
in which way dell is better ??

Acer have much more good spec compare to dell.....

For peace of mind for 2 years in college get a Dell with extended warranty. They offer NBD ' Next Business Day' services which is essentially good for the reliability that you will require.

With Acer you may get a good deal, but then they dont have a good rep when it comes to after sales service. I recently bought the Acer 5738z for my mom, as she wants it for casual surfing.

I personally use a Dell with 3 years extended warranty. 2 of my parts have failed after an year, and mind you parts are expensive as compared to a desktop and non-standard too.

I will soon be getting Acers extended warranty.

mom0x said:
I have around 5-6 friends in college who want laptop for general purpose. budget 30k . Do you think I can get discount If I purchase in bulk . Please suggest some models ?

I don't know if you will get a discount or not. That depends on the shop from which you will be purchasing.
But since 5+ people are purchasing, I think you should get a discount.

Your options are:
Acer 5738z(Intel T4200, 2GB RAM, 320GB HDD,15 inch screen) - 28k
Acer 5738(Intel T6400, 3GB RAM, 320GB HDD,15 inch screen) - 33k

Acer 4736z(Intel T4200, 2GB RAM, 320GB HDD,14 inch screen) - 27k
Acer 4736(Intel T6400, 3GB RAM, 320GB HDD,14 inch screen) - 32k

The 5738 series has a more capacious battery than the 4736 series.

Acer's keyboard is not that great when compared to dell and the screen in a disaster... Few of friends in college have acer 4000series lappies and all of them have screen problem.... their screen just turns white all of a sudden but everything behind works... so have to put the system in standby and then resume it for working.... Same problem found throughout that series.... Quality of dell is definitely superior eventhough it costs 2-3k for similar specs.....

Karthi007 said:
Acer's keyboard is not that great when compared to dell and the screen in a disaster... Few of friends in college have acer 4000series lappies and all of them have screen problem.... their screen just turns white all of a sudden but everything behind works... so have to put the system in standby and then resume it for working.... Same problem found throughout that series.... Quality of dell is definitely superior eventhough it costs 2-3k for similar specs.....

Have you seen the keyboard of the new Acer laptops like the Aspire 5738, 4736, 5536 etc?
Keyboards on Dell laptops are crap compared to those on the new Acer laptops.

Just go to a store and take a look at the keyboard and if possible, use them. It is a dream to type on.

Ever seen or used the keyboard of a Macbook?
The keyboards of the new Acer laptops are just like that.
You are only talking about old models but here, we are talking about the latest models from Acer. It has improved by miles when compared to the old models.

The new Dell models, especially Studio 15 series, have had a lot of problems.

hi... i enquired the cost of acer 4736 here in mumbai.. the lowest was 36.5k... but, u say that it costs 32k... I'm planning to buy acer 4736... pls let me know where i could get a good deal...

Did you check all available stores like Croma, Vijay sales or Hypercity in Malad (near inorbit) ?
Also may be the config must be bit high over the standard config (available for 32k) and thats why costly. Another reason if the config is same could be the 32k is the base price tag without tax and all and since it is Mumbai things like octroi come into picture.

laptop7 said:
hi,, i need to buy a laptop less than 32k with in 2 days (fr MBA)

which one is best
1.Acer 5738z
2. DellTM Inspiron 15 - Back to College
r any other laptop like lenova

get a dell inspiron 15.

mom0x said:

Go for samsung nice finishing glossy one and excellent performance core 2duo 2 gb ram 320 gb just for 31K and 160gb for 29500 Rs excellent performance i m using got the good performance

Back