Need help with a small room automation project (urgent)

CyberGhost

Disciple
I want to control about 11-12 relay module (with optocoupler) with my Arduino mega/uno have both, at first I was thinking to go with ardroid but it was not suitable for my implementation as I want to control it over my network with and android app if possible or browser will be the last resort

I would be controlling 12 LED lights (220V AC)

Can anyone please help me with this, I have very little knowledge about Arduino programming but I'm good with electronics practically, I hope to receive replies soon...thanks!

P.S. I have found a couple of options but all the ones that were suitable for my implementation were over Bluetooth but I'm looking for a suitable solution over wifi that I can hopefully control over an app

With Arduino uno, relay control sketches are a part of the official IDE itself.

Having said that, a far easier and a lot more mainstream option would be to use ESP8266 and tasmota..
Just head to the tasmota homepage for additional details

How about just buying simple smart switches? Won't that be much simpler. I use these because it allows them to be installed as normal switches which can also be used manually.
reason to not use readymade solutions cause I have the items required accessible and mostly on hand + I'm capable enough to collect pieces of information and deploy, say it taking help from friends, forums, searching around, etc

reason to not use readymade solutions cause I have the items required accessible and mostly on hand + I'm capable enough to collect pieces of information and deploy, say it taking help from friends, forums, searching around, etc
Oh, so you are doing it as a sort of learning project. I wanted to do the same once, but the parts cost was coming to a lot more than what I could do with these switches and they were such an elegant looking solution compared to what something I would build would look like, so I went with them. They have a limit of 2A per channel, but I use them as a control switch and then use a relay/contactor in my water room to control my pump as well. So I am able to control 3 devices per switch which was extremely VFM for the price.

Oh, so you are doing it as a sort of learning project. I wanted to do the same once, but the parts cost was coming to a lot more than what I could do with these switches and they were such an elegant looking solution compared to what something I would build would look like, so I went with them. They have a limit of 2A per channel, but I use them as a control switch and then use a relay/contactor in my water room to control my pump as well. So I am able to control 3 devices per switch which was extremely VFM for the price.

You could even do a learning project on the sonoff switches..
They come with a USB TTL header - so you can flash alternate firmware like espeasy or tasmota on it

Only reason for OP to not use sonoff and something like a esp8266 (or arduino) would be because he has multiple relays to control
1 esp8266 for i guess 300/- will handle 9 vs single (or max 3) channel for each sonoff

so I've deployed the Tasmota on node now I only need an app that can simplify the control for Tasmota, any help on that?
so I've deployed the Tasmota on node now I only need an app that can simplify the control for Tasmota, any help on that?
well still the expected number of relays is not reached yet which is 12 and on tasmota natively it seems only 8 can be controlled with one node, any help on this btw have a couple of Arduino's including uno and mega, and no issue at all deploying them with node if that could help, willing to stay away from bt method as it's really unconventional

if the node can control even 9 channels it will work!

@superczar

Last edited:
Back