Need help with book safe.

MAGNeT

Skilled
Well i wanted to create 4-5 booksafes.

To someone who doesnt know what it is,its a fake book to store valuables.

Now i know its not that tough to create one just abit of creativity.

Found a video to create one like this

Indyarocks Videos - Turn A Book Into A Safe

But problem for me is i wanted to create one where there is a lock and key functionso that with normal book if it comes in one hand because of weight it doesnt tilt and the valuables go out.

So wanted some link of boxes which can easily be concealed into it plus which work on lock and key feature.

I was thinking to get it from ebay the whole stuff.But i find the price on ebays to be horribly expensive like 2k.And i want 4-5 so it will turn too expensive.

Re: Need help with boof safe.

How about getting some velcro and fixing it around the lid? That should easily hold the lid closed for normal handling and if you make a groove for fixing the straps then it would be even less noticeable than one with a lock.

If you want a more solid one then you could buy a metal box and take an appropriately sized book and get book binding guys to make one for fairly small amount too.

Btw, I'm curious as to who you are hiding the stuff from if you don't mind :D

Reminds me of Shawshank Redemption. :D Its an interesting idea but in my opinion its still not very safe. If its drugs or Diamonds you're trying to hide, you are better off hiding them inside a Sofa or a fake ceiling. :p

chiron said:
Btw, I'm curious as to who you are hiding the stuff from if you don't mind :D

Naa in my shop for some petty cash which cant be carried to home for next day usage.I know its not a safe idea .But atleast something is better than nothing.On my desk lot of junk old yellow pages are there .So planning to create 1-2 out of it.Also 1-2 for home usage to keep important valuables like passport and others(ration card) in book shelf which can be easy to run in case of emergency and also doesnt comes into anyones eye.I dont have maid so not to worry about pricking stuffs.
Bluffmaster said:
Reminds me of Shawshank Redemption. :D Its an interesting idea but in my opinion its still not very safe. If its drugs or Diamonds you're trying to hide, you are better off hiding them inside a Sofa or a fake ceiling. :p

Sofa and fake ceilings for diamonds.I better open an account in any branch and hire a locker.I have friends who have lockers in banks where they hold minimum balance and just for sake of locker keeping them open.All filled with golds(marwari ..during wedding you see 1 -2 showroom from each family).Ya for drug it might work.But i am not on that line..lolz.
hellfire said:
Uhhh...book to hide stuff...now which was that movie where the guy hollowed out the pages in a real book to hide weed :p

Dont know that but the same stuff have been seen in matrix too where neo hands over a disc(floppy) from a similar book safe.

chiron said:
^^ but why not just keep that locked inside a table drawer or something?

Ok i didnt wish to share this .But anyway i am really fed up of stuffs.
Some days back my shop was broken.Have lost more than 75k cash from drawers(not drawers exactly but it was hidden at back of drawer as there was plenty of space to store).All drawers were taken out and thrown out.But no drawers with books were touched.Even 3 months back similar story happened and lost 1 L which was payment to a party.

I am also looking for electronic surveillance option (have started a thread in general portable section also but no reply so far..bad luck).

Now as I just came to know last night local police are also involved with these peoples,made visit with my dad(their(polices) body language speaks up the story) .When dad goes in day the person duty is in night they say and when he goes in night they scold him why do you come at such time.They dont give number of concerned inspector handling the case at start saying we are not allowed and we cant give as we will get scolding,really shoddy in starting any interrogation.

They took finger prints in my shop of only 2-3 drawers whereas a clear foot print wasnt taken saying we dont get prints on cloth plus they havent taken fingerprints of me or my dad so what was the point to take the prints if they dont want to compare.

I guess i also need to find some networking here in police as these people are not eager to solve the mess and indirectly blackmailing us saying if we file a report cbi and others will raid us for keep so much cash in hand as information will be shared with them(i know they are fooling around as i know cbi cant touch me as its for govt officials.They are just taking advantage of our low networking skills.Plus even if via some contact calls are made via from CID they say we dont know the person saying 50 idiots come in day who is who we dont know.Even if we call someone and ready to give fone to chat they dont touch the cell.Also interested in suggesting us to give the money to them and they'll put in real estate and give us eye candy returns (36%).I know they all are fooling around.They hardly talks about the case and interested in showing us the way to hide money which is payment amount of parties .

We know the person who have done the job.He is one of our old worker who was thrown 7-8 years back for similar incident and he is back in our area to work or atleast part information with local gangs.We did ex-tern him but as said the local police are involved and they take half the share from them and leave them as they know they will get hardly 10% from the bounty if they spill the beans whereas from them they can take out 50-100% depending how corrupt the official is.

I guess that's the reason in 3 months twice the incident has happened.Else in past 6-10 years i still cant recall any incident at my place.

Anyways as i said i am looking at many options.I am starting with this.Might use the same to store shop,godowns keys and important diaries in the book ,not cash.Will also look for other option but at-least i need to start somewhere.

Bluffmaster said:

I had made one out of a diary for my phone. I used it throughout 4 years of my college! Never got caught even once :) (cellphones are banned in colleges here)

MAGNeT said:
Some days back my shop was broken.Have lost more than 75k cash from drawers(not drawers exactly but it was hidden at back of drawer as there was plenty of space to store).All drawers were taken out and thrown out.But no drawers with books were touched.Even 3 months back similar story happened and lost 1 L which was payment to a party.

Damn, that sucks. I hope you get some justice eventually.

Back