need help with Motorola e398

No dude .. placing them in kjava wont help afaik..
Use JAD files...(use JADcreator for JAR>JAD conversion)

You will need MIDway (©Motorola) to upload the JAD file to the phone...
On the phone Click Menu->Settings->Java Settings->Java App Loader
You will be told to insert the USB data cable, and on doing so sucessfully it says "JAL Link is active".
Now run MIDway, configure it to operate on the correct COM port, and open the JAD file with it...Click on "Send JAD" ..and proceed with the installation of the app on the phone...
~tECNOMAniaC

tECNOMAniaC said:
No dude .. placing them in kjava wont help afaik..
Use JAD files...(use JADcreator for JAR>JAD conversion)

You will need MIDway (©Motorola) to upload the JAD file to the phone...
On the phone Click Menu->Settings->Java Settings->Java App Loader
You will be told to insert the USB data cable, and on doing so sucessfully it says "JAL Link is active".
Now run MIDway, configure it to operate on the correct COM port, and open the JAD file with it...Click on "Send JAD" ..and proceed with the installation of the app on the phone...
~tECNOMAniaC
thre is no Java app loader option

Archish i think u are still on the original firmware from motorola... thats why u are not able to see the Java App loader... if u are in V398 u must have it under Java in settings..

anyways archish follow this....

follow these steps....

1. Goto Settings -> USB settings -> Default Connection-> Select Data/Fax connection
2. Install mobile phone tools.
3. connect phone to PC
4. Go to device manager and see whether Phone present under modem
5. If present go to step 11
6. New hardware detected wizard would start(If it dint start goto control panel and start it)
7. Select to install driver for specific location
8. Insert the motorola CD that came along with phone. Drivers would be present there.
9. Select the folder where drivers are present and install them
10. Go to Device Manager, Now the phone would be present under modem
11. Use the Tutorial below to install...

1) Install PST Phone Manager and Midway
2) NOW CONNECT YOUR PHONE TO YOUR COMPUTER VIA THE CABLE.
3) Open up PST Phone Manager and wait for it to detect all the drivers. There's quite a few and you CANNOT CANCEL OR JUST NOT INSTALL THOSE DRIVERS AND EXPECT PST TO WORK. When windows brings up the driver install menu for each device, select locate driver from specific location and then point it to the directory you installed PST into. For mine it was C:\Program Files\Motorola\PST. Then press next and let it do that for EACH DEVICE.
4) Open up your device manager (Right click your My Computer icon on the desktop and select Properties. Then go to Hardware and then select device manager in the middle of the window)
5) Make sure you can find under the Modems subcategory the device "Motorola USB Modem" if you can't then you have to uninstall the devices you just installed and then try again making sure that you install EVERYTHING.
6) After you see the modem device, right click it and go to properties. Then click on the "Modem" tab and keep in mind what the port number is. It should be located above the Speaker Volume scroll bar at the top. IT'S THERE, IF YOU DONT SEE IT, YOU'RE NOT LOOKING HARD ENOUGH, VERY TOP IN BLACK. Mine was COM3 so just keep note of this.
7) Now go to PST and go to FILE>NEW>KJava File (2nd column on the right down)
Go to Phone>Read (your phone should be connected still) If you get an error message that says "Phone not connected. Please connect and power up the phone." Don't worry that happens all the time...when the Motorola USB Modem device isn't there. Just quit PST, unplug your phone, and then replug your phone and then open up PST again. It should work as long as the Motorola USB Modeum is there.
9) After its read from the phone, you should see the previously greyed out button named "Enable/Disable Java App Loader Menu" turn clickable. Click on it and then let the program do the rest.
10) Now go to Phone>Restart Phone if you don't you might have some problems restarting later...so don't forget. After your phone blinks in restart, close PST and unplug your phone.
11) Now click on the center button to access basic menus, settings, go to java settings, and in there the first option should be "Java App Loader" click on that and then it'll give you a notice, "Insert Cable now"...at which point you insert the cable.
12) Now start Midway, when it asks for the port, input what you saw and what I asked you to keep in mind earlier when we checked the port of the Motorola USB modem.
13) Midway only loads JAD files so use JadGEN to make a JAD file pointing to your JAR file.

vicky said:
is ur firmware an old 1 as had that option in my e398 also heaed newer firm ware of v3 allows video recording
v3's firm won't work on e398 and anyway's there is a firm that enables vid record + i tunes connectivity on e398.

params7 said:
v3's firm won't work on e398 and anyway's there is a firm that enables vid record + i tunes connectivity on e398.

dude v3 firm does work as got this info from an moto insider but havent heard about the itunes and vid recording firm or is it just some application please specify so i can again buy my fav fone :hap2:

well by he way once v3 firm is loaded u will miss ur fantastic sound and it will be the normal twin speaker sound :huh: :no:

u will have to get monster packs or only latest firmware and update the phone using it.... I personally prefer monster packs as they are tweaked a lot to get a lot out of the phone and they are highly customized....

if u wanna go for a monster pack i would recomend you to go for v398 v4 monster pack... its better to wait for a stable and bug free i398 as of now... check out motomodders site... u will get links to latest firmware, monster packs, skins, utilities for moto and lotsa guides.... it would be of gr8 help....

9cr firmware for e398 is out and is supposed to me faster and better than v398(v398 had red shade in black areas in the screen)... but vibrate doesnt work in it... so its upto u to decide on which one would suite u better...

Back