need help with refund from Joister

guptaji

Adept
dear all,
i took a connection from Joister in Mumbai (paid in advance for a year). Their connection was practically down for 2-3 weeks and they refused to resolve my issue cos of which i had to take anoher connection.
I mailed them for a refund but they refused citing no refund policy.
I registered a grievance with consumerhelpline.gov. Joister responded that I did not co-operate with them to resolve the problem and the grievance was closed. I am not happy with this resolution; as a consumer i feel cheated!
I could not find the appellate authority details on Joister Website to escalate the matter to them.
ANy suggestions on the way forward.

thanks chetan.
I have lodged a complaint on pgportal? any idea how long it takes for a resolution?
Also, what are the other options available to me? consumer court?

I lodged a complaint on the pgportal in March with details of my case and selected Dept. of Telecom (DOT) as the department/ministry.
DOT took up my case with Joister and made them refund my money. I have received a cheque for the untilised period of the 1 year plan.

ANy of you facing issues with your ISPs or telecom providers: I would highly recommend using the pgportal for a fast resolution.

I lodged a complaint on the pgportal in March with details of my case and selected Dept. of Telecom (DOT) as the department/ministry.
DOT took up my case with Joister and made them refund my money. I have received a cheque for the untilised period of the 1 year plan.

ANy of you facing issues with your ISPs or telecom providers: I would highly recommend using the pgportal for a fast resolution.
Pgportal is not for telecom only. You can use it to file complain about insurance, travel, credit card , banks. Anything.

This is actually really good to know, Joister had cheated me too by giving the same reason that they have no refund policy after I asked to cancel my plan due to non availability of service. Wish I had researched better to take them up to it.

Never knew joister can act like this ever. They had good reputation when they started a decade ago. I was their prime customers then though it was provided by our local cable guy in Mumbai only.
In fact after shifting to Pune I always thought about giving it a shot when it started it's operation here owing to my Mumbai's bliss experience as I mostly kept struggling with Hathway then. Now its too confusing what isp to consider either for primary or secondary connection as You broadband, tikona etc suck badly. Hathway runs pretty descent though but still dicy but have improved 85% on downtime but speed issues are too frequent.

Never knew joister can act like this ever. They had good reputation when they started a decade ago. I was their prime customers then though it was provided by our local cable guy in Mumbai only.
In fact after shifting to Pune I always thought about giving it a shot when it started it's operation here owing to my Mumbai's bliss experience as I mostly kept struggling with Hathway then. Now its too confusing what isp to consider either for primary or secondary connection as You broadband, tikona etc suck badly. Hathway runs pretty descent though but still dicy but have improved 85% on downtime but speed issues are too frequent.
You can try monthly plan. They offered me a yearly plan at mouth watering price, but I didn't take it. There were frequent downtime and now I shifted to fivenet and a happy customer

You can try monthly plan. They offered me a yearly plan at mouth watering price, but I didn't take it. There were frequent downtime and now I shifted to fivenet and a happy customer
I could but don't want to waste money into installation charges etc. Also last time I visited their office they were rushing into customers with mouth watering worda and guarantees. There itself realized its better to watch than hurry. This was last year around September.

I could but don't want to waste money into installation charges etc. Also last time I visited their office they were rushing into customers with mouth watering worda and guarantees. There itself realized its better to watch than hurry. This was last year around September.
For me the cable provider can shift internally at their end to different service providers. So there were no installation charges as just config change for them.

For me the cable provider can shift internally at their end to different service providers. So there were no installation charges as just config change for them.
In Mumbai I had a good exp. with Joister back around 8yrs ago. Used to use their PPPOE dialler. Shifting was free within local cable isps then.

I cant find joister on the service provider list.

You can in general raise a complaint with DoT. I had the same issue with Joister with relocation in 2018. They said they didn't have a connection at the new place but after raising the complaint, they set up a new connection in a month. I didn't get a refund for the time taken to complete the migration but I didn't pay them for the wiring either to the new place even though they asked for it.

You can in general raise a complaint with DoT. I had the same issue with Joister with relocation in 2018. They said they didn't have a connection at the new place but after raising the complaint, they set up a new connection in a month. I didn't get a refund for the time taken to complete the migration but I didn't pay them for the wiring either to the new place even though they asked for it.
I cant find joister on service provider list in DoT. Can you please say me the exact process to register the complaint.

I cant find joister on service provider list in DoT. Can you please say me the exact process to register the complaint.

Can't check now but you can raise a complaint directly with a government department using the 'Others' option. I never bother selecting the service provider since the assigned officer redirects it accordingly.

Back