Need help with VCS 2010 + SQL Server 2008

CA50

Skilled
I am developing a app using Visual C#.NET in Visual Studio 2010. This app has working of database, which was created using SQL server 2008.

Now i want to share this app, what are the necessary prerequisites for running this app smoothly. And how to create an installer for it.

Right now i know that, .NET framework 4.0 is necessary.

Anyone please help me with this. And list all the necessary prerequisites, assuming the client system has nothing per-installed.

Thanks in advance
happy19.gif

Hi CA50,

You would only required .Net framework 4.0 pre-installed to run application smoothly except you didn't have any third-party dependency. For database you will require sql server if you have database in local machine. if you have database as different server than just network connectivity to that machine is required.

For creating setup and deployment package, below post has step-by-step instruction.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6090913/make-an-installation-program-for-c-sharp-applications-and-include-net-framework

Thanks,

Coolsap.

While deploying the app frm VCS check the project properties.. i had a similar issue while deploying my first windows vb.net app. You need to include the necessary files before deploying... i use VS 2010... BUT i can prolly post some screenshot later on...

note: by default the files are not includes...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

#[member='coolsap'], thanks for your post.

I know about .NET framework 4.0, but what about the SQL server. It will be in the local machine, in the same directory where the app resides.

Please help me out with this.

#[member='hellblog'], please share your experience. Is there any way to include the necessary files along with the app itself ??

@others, please share your ideas/views
<

i went through the link posted by coolsap, but my [Add New Project] window doesn't show all the items as shown there.

Here is a screenshot of my windows, Help

348r809.jpg

You need the DB to be available locally... Look under datasources and check if its available..

eVLLN.jpg

Once that is done.. now check project properties >> preriquisites and include SQL.. (you should probably have the code to create a DB in ur app after installation..

HYUuQ.jpg

Hope this helps mate!

#[member='CA50'],
Which edition of Visual Studio 2010 installed on your machine (from which you have taken screenshot)? It seems its Express edition.

Thanks,

Coolsap.

#[member='coolsap'], mate it VS 2010, and yes it is the express edition.

Is there anything wrong with it ?

#[member='hellblog'], mate i want all the preriquisites to be installed automatically, it should be in offline folder

#[member='CA50'], You will require Visual Studio 2010 professional / ultimate / premium edition to use setup and deployment package. It is not available in express edition of VS 2010.

Thanks,

coolsap.

Will it be possible to integrate all the necessary files with the main app.

Also what will be the necessary prerequisite, and please provide download link for those files, so that i can download and include those with my app.

#[member='smnrock'], #[member='hellblog']

Back