Need info on Palm Pixi Plus and HP Veer

raksrules

Elite
I saw on TE that there have been talks about these two phones namely Palm Pixi and Veer. I need to know how good are these phones. Because price wise (as per the specs) they are really very good.
I checked this comparison too and they have very good specs.
But can you guys tell how is the apps support. I am not asking about millions of apps like android etc but decent apps that are usually needed like maps, browser etc.
Please suggest.

HP Veer vs. Palm Pixi Plus - GSMArena.com

both of them are good and having good apps support. HP Veer is the latest and it's of small form factor and bit costly (almost double to that of pixi plus). both are amazing pieces.

I'm also eyeing a Palm piece. which one to go for - one of these or this other one called Pre?

are Palm WebOS (pixi) and HP webOS 2.2 (veer) different OSs?

Thxs, is pixi plus *228 compatible or it requires an esn change ? I am looking a sub 5k CDMA phone for my uncle , any other recommendations?

hA1d3R said:
Thxs, is pixi plus *228 compatible or it requires an esn change ? I am looking a sub 5k CDMA phone for my uncle , any other recommendations?

Many people are using pixi plus on reliance CDMA by getting meid registered officially with reliance, so it is compatible but i dont know the exact process and costs.

I have been using Palm Pixi Plus GSM. Apps are limited on Palm App Catalog.

But unofficial Preware has some nice apps. and Patches are damn good. particularly the best one is Speaker Phone Patch.

Receieve or Place the call. Call will be routed to Speakerphone(it is good loud enough) by default. take your phone to ear and it will route it to earphone. Works on Proximity sensor. :) So patches like this makes phone damn good usable.

PriceWise Pixi Plus is VFM. 8 GB onboard,wifi,agps, nice capacitive touchscreen and good keyboard.

best is you get both Full Qwerty + Touchscreen.

Back