Car & Bike Need Insurance Company Feedback For 4 Wheeler Insurance In Mumbai

Superbad

Skilled
I am about to welcome a new car in my family
<

i have an option to choose an insurance company of my choice.

so i am shopping for the best insurance.

so i request fellow TEians to review which company is preffered.

some choices i found.

1. United india insurance

2. ICICI Lombard

3. TATA AIG

4. the oriental general insurance

5. Bharti AXA general insurance

6. HDFC Ergo

7. IFFCO-Tokio general insurance

8. Bajaj Allianz.

9. Reliance general insurance

10. Royal sundaram

i might have missed some if there are some worth mentioning you may add them.

from the online quotes i found that bajaj allianz has the highest premium whereas royal sundaram the lowest.

please share your experiences if any with claims, settlements etc.

Thanks for reading
<

I have found Bajaj Allianz to be very good and hassle free for making claims (this might also have to do with the nexus between the car dealer and the insurance company surveyor). In addition, the premiums have been very competitive - neither the cheapest nor the costliest. It is usually very close to what ICICI charges.

but for me bajaj allianz was way above the limit.

i got a quote of about 21k from ICICI but 32 K from bajaj allianz
<

showroom guys are offering me a quote of about 28 k from any provider. so not opting from them
<

so checked for a quote today and bajaj allainz quoted me 36k
<

i can only laugh so many inconsistencies in the company. wonder how they settle claims
<

^ Claims were the easiest part in my case (3 in a year
<
) . If you don't mind sharing, what car is it that you are trying to get a quote for?

Go for TATA-AIG zero depreciation plan.

I have had it in 3 cars now. No issues with them and the price is good too, better than Bajaj.

Check their website. They have very interesting insurance packages.

#mjumrani How has been your claim process with them so far? I had Tata AIG for one year, and apart from a premium in their insurance premium, I didn't receive any premium service when it came to claims. Morons even rejected my claim as being 'frivolous'. Not to mention the absolute lack of tie ups with most major service centers. They wanted me to go to some general (not company authorised) service center for a cashless

yeah. have heard stories of zero dep. dad does not agree in taking the extra premium as a risk.

plus our travelling per say will not be on regular basis just a one off long tour on highways and ghats of konkan every odd month.

dads friend had the zero dep policy and as per his reviews the extra premium is not worth it..

the exec from tata-aig ICI lombard called took the specific car details and did not revert back with quotes.

both had the same complaint " sir our server is very slow right now.
<
"

"we will call you later"

#agantuk The claim process has been smooth thus far. I had asked the service centre about which companies they use for cahsless. They said TATA-AIG so I took it.

But I have had ICICI too, I actually took 5 claims in 1 policy period because I do not scratches on my car at all. They never denied any claim.

So since I prefer zero dep, I would go for TATA-AIG, else ICICI.

Why not go for govt. insurance companies? I've had good experiences with both Oriental and National Insurance so far!

Inquired to the govt insurance companies namely united india insurance.

The one handling motor insurance said "dont you see i am busy. Come later"
<

and @ oriental insurance the person handling motor insurance was On leave.

Noone else would handle the queries other than that person
<

One reason I have stayed away from govt. companies is their outdated procedures and hassle to even renew a policy. Last I checked, we couldn't do it online. I doubt claim processing would be any easier. I haven't even been present in any of my claims so far and it went smoothly.

One reason I have stayed away from govt. companies is their outdated procedures and hassle to even renew a policy. Last I checked, we couldn't do it online. I doubt claim processing would be any easier. I haven't even been present in any of my claims so far and it went smoothly.

True. You even may not get cashless settlement of your bills but they will give you maximum reimbursement against a particular damage or accident compared to Pvt companies. Also, I had a car which was 11years old. It was insured with Pvt companies from day 1 but as soon as it crossed 10 years they flatly refused to accept a comprehensive policy for that. They asked me to go for a 3rd party only. Some company asked for a 30% loading charge to issue a comprehensive policy. But when I approached National Insurance they renewed the policy without a question.

Can i know which car are we talking about.

why i am asking this is that. if a car company/showroom is offering an insurance (Maruti for eg.) for for it, atleast the for the first year.

Its little expensive but a lot less hassle and its cashless (practically) in case of any mishap.

^ That's not entirely true. On a brand new car, the margins that the showroom has on insurance are huge. You could do well to save those bucks by getting the insurance yourself. All you need to check is the list of service centers covered under the cashless claims for the respective providers. You can in fact begin with the company whose insurance is being offered by the car showroom at the time of purchase.

The showroom guy says they can get insurance from any company i like.

Just that premium is going to be a bit higher.

Now some confusion.

Of all online quotes. All have variable IDV quoted.

ICICI has a difference of 1.3L To the ex-showroom price. And hence there is a 6k difference to the showroom quote.

Others who quoted were in the same range as of the showroom guy. Checked the online quotes for oriental insurance too. Expensive by 5k to the showroom quote
<

Reliance is at par with the showroom quote but the ex showroom which has automatically quoted in their system is about 30k more than the original ex showroom price.

This leaves Me with HDFC ERGO which is cheaper than showroom quote by about 2k.

Any bad experiences with HDFC ERGO?

Back