Need Inverter and Battery help

That's odd. Why would that be the case? Lead acid only has a self-discharge rate of 5% a month when disconnected, which the float charge on the inverter should easily be able to prevent and keep it topped up. If anything, you will get a better lifespan from 2x200Ah due to lower depth of discharge. It should be more efficient too due to c-rates.

Well it's related to how much you use the battery and With how much electricity my farm gets. 150x2 stay close to 80% at 16A charging. I went through 3 200ah batteries before figuring out what works best for my case. Again as I said, 200x2 shouldn't be an issue.

Last edited:
Fans... I have modified my Fans with fourdot ones, because of the farm I needed something with more oomph. Go with 200x2 if money is not an issue. I went for 150x2 to get more life out of them. Again not a major issue.
can you confirm me the fans size please so I can get some noctua ones for them .

Just a PSA for Optimus 2800 - a friend of mine bought it as an upgrade from some Luminous 1200VA or so inverter as he wanted to run his gaming PC with it. For some reason, his TV (LG C3) was tripping when mains was turned off & was switching over to inverter (but his PC was not tripping). His old inverter didn't make the TV trip, so likely fault is higher latency of Optimus 2800. He got it replaced with some Exide model (2000W) later & everything works as it should.
yes can confirm this happened to my friend but when he changed to eco mode from ups mode this issue was solved for him, his issue was that tv screen would go black for a sec or 2 when switching from mains to battery.

There are two 92mm fans if * remember correctly and I got the high RPM ones from fourdot (Love the brand). I wouldn't recommend noctua cuz the normal ones are not that loud. Mine is at a farm with hay, dust, cement and what not. High RPM fourdots keep it cool. Don't preorder anything. Just see if it bothers you.

Luminous Optimus 2800 has a mode setting. By default/factory it's set to Eco mode (to save power they claim but it's just slower switching) you can switch it to UPS mode for fast switching. I had the same issue with the one I bought locally, replaced it ASAP got the second one, which had some transport damage then replaced it again to get the unit I have right now only to RTFM and find out it works in correct mode.

And no the batteries are in series so at 2000W same amount of current goes through both single and double battery setup. High power inverter have multi battery setup cuz it's logical that if you want more power, you prob want to store more of it.

Inverter is very crucial at my farm. We had been using single battery setup for last 10 years, got multiple inverters in that time, highest capacity we could get but it was never satisfactory. Switched to 150x2 setup and it's magic. I wanted to go with 200x2 but the inverter guy explained that keeping a higher capacity battery at 80-100% is difficult. You get a longer lifespan with 150x2.

Note: On phone ignore brevity
In my friend's case, when Optimus 2800 was brought from the store, he made their installation guys stay at his home for 4hrs. They tried all the different mode, also almost sold him an extra UPS for the TV, but nothing worked perfectly as it should. Both eco & UPS mode were used. I started suggesting inverter replacement once it crossed 2 hrs as he had not paid the store yet (he told his usage to store & they suggested 2800VA UPS with 150Ah battery). His TV was tripping even with no gaming PC load on the Optimus 2800 but was fine with his old Zelio 1100 (tried again with them present).

They brought an Exide inverter next day, everything worked as it should w/o wasting any more time.

I thought my friend didn't need the 2nd 150Ah battery because his apartment has a DG set but shopkeeper beforehand sold him 2nd one saying 2x150Ah is minimum required for 2000W UPS.

Guys, I have bought and installed the inverter-battery setup.
It cost me nearly 21k for the combo.
I bought an Exide battery with 200Ah capacity. It has a 30 month replacement warranty.
For the inverter, I bought the Exide Star Inverter. It is a 1125 VA/900W output capacity inverter. It has a 42 month warranty.
As per the advice from this thread, I bought a pure sine wave inverter.
UPS mode keeps my electronics running without restarting.

So far, I don't see any weird behaviour. The inverter makes a knock sound when the main power comes back on.

The inverter has NC/HC mode. I have kept it on NC mode for now.

Thanks a lot for everyone's help in this thread. Really grateful

@OMEGA44-XT @dvader

Can I use a 24V inverter with a single battery for few days?
No.
In my friend's case, when Optimus 2800 was brought from the store, he made their installation guys stay at his home for 4hrs. They tried all the different mode, also almost sold him an extra UPS for the TV, but nothing worked perfectly as it should. Both eco & UPS mode were used. I started suggesting inverter replacement once it crossed 2 hrs as he had not paid the store yet (he told his usage to store & they suggested 2800VA UPS with 150Ah battery). His TV was tripping even with no gaming PC load on the Optimus 2800 but was fine with his old Zelio 1100 (tried again with them present).

They brought an Exide inverter next day, everything worked as it should w/o wasting any more time.

I thought my friend didn't need the 2nd 150Ah battery because his apartment has a DG set but shopkeeper beforehand sold him 2nd one saying 2x150Ah is minimum required for 2000W UPS.
You need 24V DC so 2 12V batteries are required even if you don't need that much Ah capacity. You could have bought 2x100Ah batteries or even 2x50Ah batteries. But, 24V is required which can be provided by 2 lead acid 12V batteries.

I had a good experience with this V-Guard inverter. I mainly got it for the smart features. It works great, no issues seen. The smart features also work perfectly. I live in a flat so can't use the solar features, but installing 1-2 panels in say an individual house would definitely help in case of complete grid outage.

got 2 200ah batteries and a luminous optimus 2300 model
working fine had some hiccups in setting it up but working smoothly now.

cost
Rs 20300 for Exide InvaTubular 200AH IT 750 / Each
Inverter
Rs 12300

got 2 200ah batteries and a luminous optimus 2300 model
working fine had some hiccups in setting it up but working smoothly now.

cost
Rs 20300 for Exide InvaTubular 200AH IT 750 / Each
Inverter
Rs 12300
Do you have an AV receiver connected to the luminous inverter (by any chance)? Does it turn off and on during a power cut?
If you don't have that, how noticeable is the blip in LED lamps during power to battery transition?

Do you have an AV receiver connected to the luminous inverter (by any chance)? Does it turn off and on during a power cut?
If you don't have that, how noticeable is the blip in LED lamps during power to battery transition?
this battery is for my parking and another 2 floors which dont have any such equipments.
but for my floor I have a microtek inverter and there is a blip in my tv everytime during a power cut its for a sec or 2 but its everytime , i have struggling to solve this from a long time now.

On that point he is cause for high VA or Wattage inverter it is always 24v setup which requires 2 nos of batteries

his issue was that tv screen would go black for a sec or 2 when switching from mains to battery.
there is a blip in my tv everytime during a power cut its for a sec or 2 but its everytime , i have struggling to solve this from a long time now.
I faced this same issue for years where a LED TV used as a monitor for pc connected via hdmi went blank but screen still powered on just no picture whenever there was inverter switchover or a voltage fluctuation & purely by chance fixed it when testing a new amazon basics hdmi cable bought in a good deal (I was using the same old hdmi cable for years before that).

I faced this same issue for years where a LED TV used as a monitor for pc connected via hdmi went blank but screen still powered on just no picture whenever there was inverter switchover or a voltage fluctuation & purely by chance fixed it when testing a new amazon basics hdmi cable bought in a good deal (I was using the same old hdmi cable for years before that).

Apart from the HDMi cable. One might face a few wierd problems with (all) inverters. For eg I have a perfectly good Gigabyte G0450B Bronze PSU. This PSU has a mediocre active PFC inbuilt. As soon as you power it on the inverter starts to flicker even if you are only using say 100W. This is just a bad PFC design.

Another issue is bad pwm controlled/switched heavy current appliances. For eg, I have an SMD rework station which causes the same flickering. This is again a cheap/bad power delivery design.

In time replace your household fans with BLDC ones. Normal Induction Fans draw more power and have harmonics when run on inverters. Though pure sine inverter do help but they emulate a sine wave via stepped function.

Inverter refrigerators (the inverter doesn't mean it will run on inverter but it does) work excellent on inverter if you want to run them. Power Tools work excellent too (apart from a a heavy drop in voltage ofc).

In short switching loads (some sort of Mosfets or SMPS inside the device) usually cause problems if they dont follow electrical standards. Usual suspects can be identified with Made/Assembled in PRC/China.

Make sure you earth you inverter, always earth heavy appliances.

Last edited:
Gigabyte G0450B Bronze PSU.
my tv everytime during a power cut its for a sec or 2 but its everytime ,
Depends on your PSU hold-up time. For instance Corsair VS450 Bronze series hold up time are ~19.6ms (Tomsharware) I never had a problem with this PSU on my SEBz900. I upgraded my Corsair VS to Gigabyte 850W Gold semi modular (forgot the model name) PC switched off everytime when there is a power cut.
I used RM750 on my gaming rig and NAS now and connect both on my SEBz900, it never shuts down on idle or lite gaming like dota 2 during power cut. But during heavy load (6700XT) pubg, etc. it shuts down which is expected during power cut. The hold up time for RM750 is also ~19ms according to Tomshardware.

Last edited:
Depends on your PSU hold-up time. For instance Corsair VS450 Bronze series hold up time are ~19.6ms (Tomsharware) I never had a problem with this PSU on my SEBz900. I upgraded my Corsair VS to Gigabyte 850W Gold semi modular (forgot the model name) PC switched off everytime when there is a power cut.
I used RM750 on my gaming rig and NAS now and connect both on my SEBz900, it never shuts down on idle or lite gaming like dota 2 during power cut. But during heavy load (6700XT) pubg, etc. it shuts down which is expected during power cut. The hold up time for RM750 is also ~19ms according to Tomshardware.

Flickering issue:

Gigabyte seems to be the only one in my research that has this issue. I have PSUs from Corsair, Seasonic, Antec, Cooler Master and they all (in my opinion) were designed by sane people. Gigabyte not so much.

detailed oscilloscope analysis

Hold-Up time:
Also hold-up time is relevant on interruptions, i.e for how long PSU caps can deliver power for mili second interruptions. The flickering I mentioned is a completely different issue. Gigabyte PSUs (most of them) don't have this issue. They may not have the same hold-up time as Corsair but it's enough to not trigger a shutdown. Few of theor models however, are cursed.

Last edited:
Back