Need Inverter and Battery help

Yeah thats fine. I would still recommend optimus line. Optimus 1250 is around 8k, in your local market it would come down to 7-7.5k if you buy the battery too.
I'll see about Optimus.
In my area, they are mostly selling Exide, Microtek or Luminous for inverters.
Exide, Amaron, Pheonix and Spark for batteries.
What do you think of a Microtek + Exide combination? That's the most likely one available.

I'll see about Optimus.
What do you think of a Microtek + Exide combination? That's the most likely one available.
Optimus is a model of Luminous.
I don’t think Microtek is that good. They have higher switchover time compared to luminous or my old Sukam.

I'll see about Optimus.
optimus available at moglix for 7300 get that its too good just you will hate the beep sound,
I don’t think Microtek is that good. They have higher switchover time compared to luminous or my old Sukam.
bought optimus for 7400 offline , online its @7300 at moglix

Thanks for the clarification. I'll check out Luminous.
optimus available at moglix for 7300 get that its too good just you will hate the beep sound,

bought optimus for 7400 offline , online its @7300 at moglix
I'll check out if my local retailers have this.

When buying lead acid battery the manufacturing date plays a big role, the longer it stays on shelf un-used the more it deteriorates. Lead acid batteries like to be periodically charged even when they are not is use. So when seller gives you the battery you must check it's manufacturing date. How old is good? you might ask, well you just buy the one with latest manufacturing date you could find.

In the past, batteries were kept empty until customers purchased them. At the time of purchase, the batteries were filled with battery water to ensure that the customers received a fresh battery. But this doesn't happen now.

When buying lead acid battery the manufacturing date plays a big role, the longer it stays on shelf un-used the more it deteriorates. Lead acid batteries like to be periodically charged even when they are not is use. So when seller gives you the battery you must check it's manufacturing date. How old is good? you might ask, well you just buy the one with latest manufacturing date you could find.

In the past, batteries were kept empty until customers purchased them. At the time of purchase, the batteries were filled with battery water to ensure that the customers received a fresh battery. But this doesn't happen now.
Thanks a lot for the info.
I didn't have an idea about this. I'll try and get the newest one w.r.t. manufacturing date.

F*** beep sound tell me about it. If it was not for the fear if that warranty void sticker, I would have disconnected it.

Anyway @OP microtek is literal shit. I have around 40k worth of equipment from microtek and they all hava had a repair within first year. Cheap components, PCB, relays mosfets you name it. They will honor their warranty I will give them that (one of my big stablizer had it's internals replaced thrice now....no not a minor part replacement ENTIRE PCB with 4 big relays.) avoid them.

Batteries are fair game cuz lead is lead and acid is acid. Any reputable brand with MFG date within last 3-4 months is fine.

Last edited:
F*** beep sound tell me about it. If it was not for the fear if that warranty void sticker, I would have disconnected it.

Anyway @OP microtek is literal shit. I have around 40k worth of equipment from microtek and they all hava had a repair within first year. Cheap components, PCB, relays mosfets you name it. They will honor their warranty I will give them that (one of my big stablizer had it's internals replaced thrice now....no not a minor part replacement ENTIRE PCB with 4 big relays.) avoid them.

Batteries are fair game cuz lead is lead and acid is acid. Any reputable brand with MFG date within last 3-4 months is fair game.
I really plan on removing that beeper , and the real problem its too loud man
microtek was good in old days now its quality has gone down.

I'll try and get Luminous haha. Even if they honour the warranty, I don't want much hassle.
Batteries are fair game cuz lead is lead and acid is acid. Any reputable brand with MFG date within last 3-4 months is fair game.
Understood.

current rate for exide IT 750 [200 AH] Is Rs 20,500-20,800.
This actually is a good bundle. I got mine (the batteries are diff brand) for around 42k in local market. The only upside was....I could yell at someone if something went wrong.
we need to look for the manufacturing dates for battery I assume not take more than 6 months stock, correct?

Just a PSA for Optimus 2800 - a friend of mine bought it as an upgrade from some Luminous 1200VA or so inverter as he wanted to run his gaming PC with it. For some reason, his TV (LG C3) was tripping when mains was turned off & was switching over to inverter (but his PC was not tripping). His old inverter didn't make the TV trip, so likely fault is higher latency of Optimus 2800. He got it replaced with some Exide model (2000W) later & everything works as it should.

Did he use UPS for his PC, or is it direct inverter? I am trying to use it more or less similar to your friend's setup.
No UPS between the inverter & PC

Fun fact, the inverter store told a UPS for TV will prevent it from tripping with Optimus 2800 but guess what, having an UPS between TV & inverter made even the PC with a game running to trip (other home appliances were not affected during power cut simulation).

My friend made the payment to the local store after everything was working when he brought over an Exide inverter. He earlier had just 1x 150Ah battery but the store said that 2000W load capacity inverters need at least 2x 150Ah batteries, not sure how true but friend decided to get another one.

Just a PSA for Optimus 2800 - a friend of mine bought it as an upgrade from some Luminous 1200VA or so inverter as he wanted to run his gaming PC with it. For some reason, his TV (LG C3) was tripping when mains was turned off & was switching over to inverter (but his PC was not tripping). His old inverter didn't make the TV trip, so likely fault is higher latency of Optimus 2800. He got it replaced with some Exide model (2000W) later & everything works as it should.
Luminous Optimus 2800 has a mode setting. By default/factory it's set to Eco mode (to save power they claim but it's just slower switching) you can switch it to UPS mode for fast switching. I had the same issue with the one I bought locally, replaced it ASAP got the second one, which had some transport damage then replaced it again to get the unit I have right now only to RTFM and find out it works in correct mode.
Luminous Optimus 2800 has a mode setting. By default/factory it's set to Eco mode (to save power they claim but it's just slower switching) you can switch it to UPS mode for fast switching. I had the same issue with the one I bought locally, replaced it ASAP got the second one, which had some transport damage then replaced it again to get the unit I have right now only to RTFM and find out it works in correct mode.

And no the batteries are in series so at 2000W same amount of current goes through both single and double battery setup. High power inverter have multi battery setup cuz it's logical that if you want more power, you prob want to store more of it.

Inverter is very crucial at my farm. We had been using single battery setup for last 10 years, got multiple inverters in that time, highest capacity we could get but it was never satisfactory. Switched to 150x2 setup and it's magic. I wanted to go with 200x2 but the inverter guy explained that keeping a higher capacity battery at 80-100% is difficult. You get a longer lifespan with 150x2.

Note: On phone ignore brevity

Last edited:
So I am planning to buy the optimus one because its available on amazon. I can go for both 2x 200AH or 2x 150AH, which one should I get?
I think it will power 2 pc, lights, router, switch, probably filter, tv maybe but not sure.
And also ups mode needs enabled? any more info needed?

So I am planning to buy the optimus one because its available on amazon. I can go for both 2x 200AH or 2x 150AH, which one should I get?
I think it will power 2 pc, lights, router, switch, probably filter, tv maybe but not sure.
And also ups mode needs enabled? any more info needed?

Fans... I have modified my Fans with fourdot ones, because of the farm I needed something with more oomph. Go with 200x2 if money is not an issue. I went for 150x2 to get more life out of them. Again not a major issue.

I wanted to go with 200x2 but the inverter guy explained that keeping a higher capacity battery at 80-100% is difficult. You get a longer lifespan with 150x2.
That's odd. Why would that be the case? Lead acid only has a self-discharge rate of 5% a month when disconnected, which the float charge on the inverter should easily be able to prevent and keep it topped up. If anything, you will get a better lifespan from 2x200Ah due to lower depth of discharge. It should be more efficient too due to c-rates.

Back