Need K700i

Brendon

Skilled
Hey guys, a friend of mine (two actually !) want to buy a SE K700i. However I want to know if the phone is problematic and if it has any serious drawbacks. I know there is limited memory, but they are not concerned about that.

Also I want to know where it is available for arnd 9k, coz most shops are quoting 10.5k and above ! :S

hi its a very good phone personally using it very much satisfied with it :hap2: yeah for 9000/- it will be without bill and one more thing tell them to buy a bluetooth dongle along with it and google themes for sonyericsson they wont regret it

Thanks for the quick replies. One friend already bought the phone for 10k with bill and warranty. Yeah, 9k is the price w/o bill and warranty.

Now one friend still left. How is the Motorola E398 btw, I heard that the build quality is not so good. But I really like the expandable memory feature. Plus its priced lower at 9.5k with bill and also comes with a USB cable.

caution: experienced motoe398 for two full days...it felt like two full yrs..
the interface is one of the slowest ever...the inbuilt motorola mp3 player took 3 mins to load its interface....eill take longer if u have more music ..its blutooth transfer rates are also dead slow compared to SE..also..the volume is lower compared to SE(k700).

cam is average and NO vid recording on stock e398 firmware. Screen is Avg..and i wont speak about the battery life...pls DO NOT buy it when the k700 is available :)

please update ur e398 firmware and then put some comments, anytime e398 rocks, thats why apple has chosen it as their ipod fone ...

Hmm thanks for the replies. I suppose I tell my friend to stick with SE K700i, but in case it is out of his budget, I might tell him to go for the E398.

@Argus - Besides the slow interface, is the build quality fine ?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Viking .. firmware upgraded and the comment based on my personal experience (which was exactly 5 days back) :)..dont know about apple tho:)

@BF1983.. dude the build quality is good...the fone has a very good grip and it doesnt slip..almost a velvety feelin...slightly heavy..and there is some sort of enhancement in it that vibrates with the music beats...this enhancement is slightly irritating as u can feel it vibrating when u push the buttons and the 5way stick too.

the rubber cover of the headset socket came off within a day of purchasing the fone.

the LCD is good but k700i's LCD is better and the cam quality is average.

The provided headset is also good and fits well in the ears.

Last edited by a moderator:
new firmware upgrades on a e398 increases the speed of the fone very much.... LCD on K700i is better as the resolution is some 3800 pixels/sq cm... in e398 it is 3400 pixels/sq cm... and 3400 pixels is also gr8 when compared to nokia's which are usually around 2200 -2400 pixels/sq cm...

@argus_smith - the reason u feel the vibration is because the vib is sync ed with sound in e398 that gives it the surround effect and the bass feel when u held it in the hand.... setting the keypad volume to 0 wud remove that vib n sound when u use joystick or press keys....

k700i firmware has a lot of bugs and its not quiet stable as the e398... the stock firmware in e398 is slow,... but if u upgrade the firmware the mobile is fast... and there are firwares installing which video recording, iTunes can be enabled.... there is another thread going on abt this see it....

e398 is a gr8 mobile if u have interest in modding....

Bought SE K700i like a month back for 10,125/- It's an exceptionally good phone for that price. The ONLY drawback is the battery life(To say nothing of the Memory Card Slot).

People are need to be educated on e398 (which is a legacy above k700i now)

The V398 firmware makes your phone double the faster, the in built mp3 progrmas loads up in a matter of 15-20 secs.
Vid Recording is there in the I398 firmware
E398 is detectabe as a USB Removable Flash Drive to Xp so need need to use additional softwares and the transfer rate is faster than k700, and it supports mmc beating out k700's 40mb limit.
Every month you got a new formware releasing which make e398 go double the faster with less bugs
Its the ipod type phone, in fact one of the ONLY music phones in the market today, to feature connectivity with Apples ITUNES (used with IPOD) program, so it acts exaclty like an Ipod when connected with Itunes.
K700 stands no chance in front of mighty e398 and i clearly see no reason why one should choose k700 over e398.

yes i agree with all that about e398, but i would still say K700i is a class apart, its lastest released phones havent got any bugs and are quite fast in terms of UI :)

params7 said:
People are need to be educated on e398 (which is a legacy above k700i now)
The V398 firmware makes your phone double the faster, the in built mp3 progrmas loads up in a matter of 15-20 secs.....
....K700 stands no chance in front of mighty e398 and i clearly see no reason why one should choose k700 over e398.
i agree with u, Moto rules.

argus_smith said:
caution: experienced motoe398 for two full days...it felt like two full yrs....
...cam is average and NO vid recording on stock e398 firmware. Screen is Avg..and i wont speak about the battery life...pls DO NOT buy it when the k700 is available :)
And dude if u wanna sell off ur e398 ;) then i am a redy buyer...

Fountainhead said:
Bought SE K700i like a month back for 10,125/- It's an exceptionally good phone for that price. The ONLY drawback is the battery life(To say nothing of the Memory Card Slot).
get a new b150 lithium polymer battery and ur battery life will be good.

Viking said:
And dude if u wanna sell off ur e398 ;) then i am a redy buyer...

Oh thanx for the offer dude, but the phone aint mine :p and i have nothing against Moto, only a bad experience with teh e398. I am quite satisfied my new 750i btw :)

Hmm seems I stirred up a debate. ;) I think I will ask him to check out both the phones.

Also I think I will try and convince him to go for the E398. I checked one out yesterday and found it quite fast !

Back