Need Laptop with international warranty

Hello guys,moving to germany next month for higher education.So advice needed to buy a laptop which has international warranty and service.Budget is 50k can stretch upto 58k.Basic use for CAD applications,casual entertainment and gaming.thanks in advance.

Acer, Dell, Apple, Asus etc. offers International Warranty - Dell requires you to transfer the warranty when you move to the other country. HP has it as well - will need confirmation on that though.

There wouldn't be much of a difference in the price IINM.

Maybe you should browse through some of the models and zero it down to a few. Mention the specific requirements if any.

Get the XPS15 with i-5 460, 4GB RAM,500GB 7200RPM HDD and the GT420 ~ 50k. Comes with good speakers, optimus, 2USB 3.0 ports and HD webcam :) A CPU+GPU upgrade to i-7 740M + GT435 will cost ~11k.(This is a combo upgrade. Not possible to upgrade CPU or GPU alone. duh :|)

^^ LOL

Dude that costs 55K including shipping and handling charges

I ordered one with more HDD and costed 57K

Apple Macbook. Get it from germany, with student discount will be cheaper. 939Euro, plus rebates and all so approx 55-57K

Acer provides the best International Warranty.

They have this Traveller warranty wherein u can get stuff fixed even if u are abroad only for a few days. Unlike Dell, no transfer is required.

acer build quality is not good when compared to dell,toshiba, asus

Asus provides international warranty... i think even toshiba also provides(not sure)

scudmissile007 said:
I need a good graphics card ,so the best lappy within my budget is lenovo y560 with ati hd5730.any reviews on this.
You can get Asus K42ja with i5+2gb ram+Ati 5730 2gb+640gb HDD for around 43k and asus laptops come with international warranty.Asus is the only laptop manufacturer that offers zero dead pixel policy.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

RS4 said:
You can get Asus K42ja with i5+2gb ram+Ati 5730 2gb+640gb HDD for around 43k and asus laptops come with international warranty.Asus is the only laptop manufacturer that offers zero dead pixel policy.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-
What about the quality of service provided by asus if incase i get problems there.Still I feel lenovo would be second best to dell in terms of quality and service & better than asus.what is performance difference between hd5730,gt 420 & gt435.Which is best in the above stated cards.

scudmissile007 said:
What about the quality of service provided by asus if incase i get problems there.Still I feel lenovo would be second best to dell in terms of quality and service & better than asus.what is performance difference between hd5730,gt 420 & gt435.Which is best in the above stated cards.
Dont know about the quality of service provided by asus in germany but its global warranty and you can get it repaired anywhere in the world and there is no need of transferring the warranty like dell wherein you have to fill up a form to get your warranty transferred to a different country.

Among the above three cards, Ati 5730 is the best, dont know whether lenovo provides global warranty by default.

^^ Lenovo Display Sux big time

SO i went for XPS 15 with i5 else i would have gone for Y560 i7

Still waiting for the XPS 15 to come

But many people report well about it

BTW GT420M and GT435M are both great for OC

SO I say you to Go For XPS15

I would suggest the new Dell XPS 15 only... I really like the quality of Dell Studio and XPS laptops

OT : Which university, course, duration and how did you apply ( GRE or TOEFL ) :ashamed: Sorry I am in the middle of application process now

@OP
Get an Asus. They have the best hardware in a high quality package. Most Dell's and pretty much all HPs/Lenovos that I've seen come with much much worse build quality.
If you care concerned about Asus support in Germany, so should you about all the other brands. Unless, you have a way to personally verify that is.

ronnie_gogs said:
I would suggest the new Dell XPS 15 only... I really like the quality of Dell Studio and XPS laptops

OT : Which university, course, duration and how did you apply ( GRE or TOEFL ) :ashamed: Sorry I am in the middle of application process now
Same questions right back at ya :p

Previously i had worst experience with my old asus mobo ,it spent almost half of its warranty period in service centre.so a bit hesistant on asus, anyway i will keep it as an alternative option.

Regarding my education i took "GRE"&"IELTS" tests.i got seat in BTU cottbus.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

[quote name='scudmissile007']Previously i had worst experience with my old asus mobo ,it spent almost half of its warranty period in service centre.so a bit hesistant on asus, anyway i will keep it as an alternative option.

Regarding my education i took "GRE"&"IELTS" tests.i got seat in BTU cottbus,MSc in mechanical engineering and course duration will be 2 yrs.

Back