Need location info in Delhi

I am coming to Delhi next week. Need to know where Karnataka Bhavan, Sardarpatel Marg, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi - 110 021 is located. Any landmarks around. Checked in google map, but there is nothing in Sardarpatel marg

Found these 2 locations in google map

Shanthi Niketan

Kautilya Marg

What is the best way to travel form airport to this place. Will be there early morning if flight is not delayed. And are there any metro stations nearby?

Sardar Patel Marg , not Sardarpatel :) Anyways.. i think there is a metro station in Chanakyapuri. Once you're in Delhi , autos are a great way to travel. Cheap and effective. As it is you'll need one to reach Karnataka Bhavan as there is no metro station around it.

Usually prefer metro to taxis or auto. Also i will be travelling with 3 other friends. Had bad exp with prepaid taxi on my last visit. Wanted to go to Ginger hotel from airport. Taxi guy stopped midway and refused to go until i paid Rs100 extra coz he thought it was some other gate in New Delhi Railway Station

Take the Metro from the airport to the nearest station. After that use autos. Don't behave like obvious tourists :) Or you can use Radio Taxi's if you want to spend a bit extra. They take the shortest routes and are efficient though you pay for the convenience.

For an outsider, radio taxis are the best bet. Try Easy (011-43434343 or Easycabs.com) or Meru (011-44224422 or Merucabs.com). I have personally used Easy Cabs a number of times for time-sensitive issues. They do charge a premium compared to other radio taxis but the drivers arrive well ahead of time, are courteous and the cars are well-maintained.

Sardar Patel Marg has Taj hotel and ITC Maurya Sheraton Hotel on it. It is near to Dhaula Kuan. Taking a prepaid Taxi will be the best thing. It should be lilke 15-20 kms from the airport. The weather is quite cold so auto is not advisable. This was about Sardar Patel Marg. The String that you have provided Karnataka Bhavan, Sardarpatel Marg, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi - 110 021 is this a complete address or the different places / roads you need location about? I am asking this because Karnataka Bhawan is exactly where Google Maps is telling you. It is not far away Sardar Patel Marg but I guess it is still 4-5 Kms away.

Anyway, here is what you need to tell the cab / auto driver for Karnataka Bhawan. "Take me / us to Moti bagh flyover. There is a Karnataka Bhawan near the Petrol Pump." You will need this info as for doing a prepaid auto you will need the address before hand. There is this Moti Bagh flyover. Chances are you will be coming from Rao Tula Marg so on the other side of the road there is Petrol Pump and just around the petol pump you will find Karnataka Bhawan. Again this place is also around 15-20 Kms from the airport.

If you are facing Karnataka Bhawan's entrance you go 4-5 Kms on your left you will find Chanakya Puri.

Thanks guys for the info. The address i have posted is what i have received as part of my room confirmation. I searched and have got the phone number of Karnataka Bhavan in Kautilya Marg. I will probably call them and get the exact location. Will take Meru or Easy cab, although wanted to try the Airport Metro.

just take pre paid cab from govt authorized counter from the airport or just outside the airport and tell them karnatak bhavan . cheaper than radio taxis.

Your best option really is to take the metro from the airport till Dhaula Kuan station. Karnataka Bhavan at RK Puram is hardly 5-10 minutes from Dhaula Kuan. Take an auto from the station.

Dude your experience with the pre-paid taxi, was it a radio cab or the one you get at the pre-paid booth? Radio-cabs are far better than pre-paid cabs and hence expensive.

Taking the metro upto Dhaula Kuan and then an auto to Karnatka Bhawan would certainly be the most economical option but you might have to spend some time at the station first to find a guy willing to take you there and then haggling for the rates. The most convenient albeit expensive option would be to pre-book a radio cab from a company like Meru or Easy cabs or the like. Karnatka Bhawan is right at the corner of the Moti Bagh flyover on the Ring Road hardly 10-15 minutes from Domestic depending on traffic and time of day. If you do take an auto, there are signposts for Moti Bagh posted quite prominently at Dhaula Kuan and the Moti Bagh flyover is the next flyover after you cross Dhaula Kuan. Just take a right from under it and you are there.

Back