Budget 51-70k Need new PC for HD content on 2x27" monitors

letmein

Skilled
Hi guys, my existing 6 year old build seems to be dead. I was planning on upgrading by the year end, as it had started giving me problems, but it's demise came earlier than planned. I have not been in touch with the hardware scene in a long time, so I have little knowledge on what's on the market. My requirements are listed below, but here's a quick summary:
- I need only the cabinet and it's components. No peripherals required.
- I plan on using the build with two Dell 27" UHD Monitors.
- I require a big cabinet. Enough space for 1 SSD and 5 HDDs at least.
- Main usage will be browsing and HD videos. Gaming would be rare, and I do not mind playing at lower resolutions. But I want the performance to be snappy, I'll have a browser with 30-40 tabs open, with a HD video playing, MS office documents open etc.
- I will be purchasing it from SMC Int. in Nehru Place, and getting it assembled there.

Thanks
  1. What is your budget?
    • 60-75K
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • I have a 6 year old Intel i5 750 build, that is past its prime. I do not intend to use any parts except for hard drives.
      • CPU - Please suggest
      • Motherboard - Please suggest
      • GPU - I will be upgrading to 2 x 27" Dell UHD Monitors. I still haven't decided if I will go for 2560x1440 or 4k res. So something that can power them both easily.
      • PSU - Whatever is suitable.
      • Cabinet - I need a big cabinet. With space for 1 SSD and 5 HDDs. I had an CM HAF 922, that was sufficient in this regard. Please suggest something similar, preferably one that doesn't let in too much dust.
      • RAM - Corsair Vengance 8Gb DDR4 (or 16GB?)
      • SSD - 250 GB should suffice
      • HDD - Available
      • Monitor - Available
      • Accessories - Mouse, KB, Speakers available
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Already have HDD, monitor, mouse, KB, speakers and UPS.
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • I would need a decent sized SSD to boot from. I'll be using my existing HDDs. I would need a big cabinet, as I already have 5 HDDs
      I'm ideally looking for an Intel CPU with a compatible mobo (no overclocking), a decent GPU to drive 2 x 27" monitors for watching HD videos and browsing. (gaming very rarely)
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • I have a Dell FullHD 24" monitor right now, but within the next 4-6 months I will be upgrading to 2 x 27" Dell UHD Monitors. I still haven't decided if I will go for 2560x1440 or 4k res.
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Will be purchasing and getting it assembled from SMC Int. in Nehru Place
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Browsing
    • MS Office Work
    • Watching HD/ 4k content
    • Playing AoE 2 and other games rarely
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Intel build
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Age of Empires 2, if I manage to get it to work. Apart from that, I doubt I'll game much. Even if I do,I do not mind playing games at lower settings.
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Dual 2560x1440 or 4K if possible?
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • Absolutely Not
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit for now, Win 1o by the end of the yearo
Thanks for your help. I'll be buying this on this Friday (9-Sep)

Last edited:

• CPU - Intel i7 6700 -23.3k
  • Motherboard - Asrock B150M Pro4 - 7k
  • GPU - Sapphire Radeon RX480 8gb DDR5 - 24.7k
  • PSU - Corsair RM650X -8.8k
  • Cabinet - NZXT Phantom 410 - 6.7k
  • RAM - Corsair Vengance 2x8Gb DDR4 - 5k
  • SSD - Samsung 750 EVO 250Gb - 5k
Total - 80.5k
You can save some money on cabinet, mobo and bargaining :p:D
Also grab some of the components asap. There's some or the other offer going on due to
GANPATI BAPA MORYA - The Ganpati Utsav!
@mdcomputers and primeabgb

Thanks @aKp1 I'll be purchasing from Delhi, and I doubt we'll have deals due to Ganesh Chaturthi.
Do you think I should spend a bit more on the Mobo and a bit less on the Processor? I don't know how AsRock's after sales services would be.

Then you can go with i5 6600 -17.5k + CoolerMaster Hyper 212X- 2.9k
Asus Z170-K -12k
Total - 32.4k
This rig will be overclockable!

And again if you simply won't be overclocking at all! Then you can definitely save by getting Asus B150M Plus - 8.2k along with the same Procy and also eliminating the need of aftermarket cooler!
Asus B150M Plus - 8.2k
Intel i5 6600 - 17.5k
Total - 25.7k

And about Asrock, they build solid quality mobos! And probably in Delhi, they might be having a good service, you might just want to check it though to be sure!
Also if possible then order the RX 480 from mdcomputers today only! Probably this is the best price till now for an 8gb GPU! And I don't think, this discount will be available in Delhi market!
Today it is 23k!

Last edited:
Budget -78.5K

• CPU - Intel Core i5 6600K -18000,
  • Motherboard - Asus Z170-K -11500,
  • GPU -Zotac GTX1060 6GB Amp -24000,
  • PSU - Seasonic S12II 520w -5500,
  • Cabinet - Corsair SPEC-03 -4500,
  • RAM - Corsair Vengeance 16GB(8GBx2) 2400Mhz -5000,
  • CPU Cooler -Cooler Master Hyper 212X -3000,
  • SSD - Samsung 850 Evo 250GB -7000.
  • TOTAL -78,500.