Need new router with USB port with budget up to ₹4,000

I don't understand. You get your internet via ethernet cable that appears near the tv area ?

Nah, there is no opening there. Main wire is coming in from balcony of kitchen. Router will be on top shelf on left wall. A one more wire from there is available near TV & PS3 area through hole in wooden partition.

Hence one router would be in kitchen - right now its TP Link 740N. One switch/router with USB port needs to be near TV & PS3 area.

So you have a wired connection to the tv & ps3 then. If your current 740N covers the house then any router of similar price will be good for range. I kinda expected this result but no way to tell unless you test.

Now the next bit is the media playback via usb drive or pen drive.

I would first RMA this 740N as I can not reset it and in August, it's warranty going ti get over. Hopefully range would improve post RMA.

I m thinking to keep router/switch with USB port near TV & PS3 area. This one need not be with wireless capability.

For my desktop which is approx 13-14 feet away in balcony I would get something like TPLink 723N or 722N.

I have ordered TP-Link 723N for desktop.

@swatkats Does Asus RT N10U B support 2.5" HDD ?

@blr_p @Ranjith Sai Do you guys have any other basic model with USB port in mind ?

I have also TP-Link TD-W8968 in my mind.

Last edited:
Hope you bought TP-Link 723N on paytm with the 300 discount coupon (fp300) for new users.

And I am really sorry, as I can't suggest you anything on the adsl side. I never buy adsl routers and I always suggest buying a cheaper used modem on olx or quikr. Now that you have something on your mind I would go with the tp-link one, as I have only tp-link products (routers, switches, wireless cards, powerline adapters) and none have failed even with 24*7 operations. Their hardware is good, but sometimes they fail on the software part and using dd-wrt has solved the problems.

Hope you bought TP-Link 723N on paytm with the 300 discount coupon (fp300) for new users.

I had missed it :(

And I am really sorry, as I can't suggest you anything on the adsl side. I never buy adsl routers and I always suggest buying a cheaper used modem on olx or quikr. Now that you have something on your mind I would go with the tp-link one, as I have only tp-link products (routers, switches, wireless cards, powerline adapters) and none have failed even with 24*7 operations. Their hardware is good, but sometimes they fail on the software part and using dd-wrt has solved the problems.

I do not need ADSL router. I am using using internet from local ISP. I mentioned TP-Link TD-W8968 since it has both functions.

Back