OC & Modding Need opinion on CPU cooler

#manuvikram007 go for its younger sibling the Noctua NH-U12P SE2 ~3900/-. It is adjustable so your RAM modules will have a little breathing space.

Hi ... need HELP on the best option (CPU Cooler) - will pair it with i7-2600K or i7-3770K (if the release price is affordable). Cabinet would be normal ATX (maybe Corsair Carbide 400R).

Note: All 4 RAM slots may be used ( 4 X 4 i.e 16 GB)

CPU COOLERS under consideration (Air Only) : -

1] Noctua - NH-C12P SE14 - Having problems finding price & availability in India
<

I like the "Downblowing 140mm fan" - also provides some cooling to areas around the CPU. And it's performance is great. The Noctua NH-C12P SE14 is an update to the NH-C12P, which replaces the NF-P12 fan with the NF-P14 FLX 140mm fan to the already proven design. The 'C' shaped design is quite different from the tower design used on the NH-U12P.

2] Noctua NH-U12P SE2 @ Rs 3900/-

- side blowing 2 fans

3] Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO @ Rs 2250/-

- side blowing single fan

The other Noctua's NH C14 & D14 are too large ( a Beast!) & very expensive (over 5K). I have noticed that the above nos 2 & 3 are most commonly used by TE members.

So what do you guys suggest.

Thanks

Why hijack the thread,should've created a new one,anyways if you're going for hardcore ocing [4.8ghz]then i'd suggest you to go for Noctua NH-U12P SE2-3.9k and if casual ocing is on your mind like 4ghz or under then go for CM Hyper 212 evo-2.1k

Since you're going for i7 i'd suggest you to go for noctua.
Hi ... need HELP on the best option (CPU Cooler) - will pair it with i7-2600K or i7-3770K (if the release price is affordable). Cabinet would be normal ATX (maybe Corsair Carbide 400R).

Note: All 4 RAM slots may be used ( 4 X 4 i.e 16 GB)

CPU COOLERS under consideration (Air Only) : -

1] Noctua - NH-C12P SE14 - Having problems finding price & availability in India
<

I like the "Downblowing 140mm fan" - also provides some cooling to areas around the CPU. And it's performance is great. The Noctua NH-C12P SE14 is an update to the NH-C12P, which replaces the NF-P12 fan with the NF-P14 FLX 140mm fan to the already proven design. The 'C' shaped design is quite different from the tower design used on the NH-U12P.

2] Noctua NH-U12P SE2 @ Rs 3900/-

- side blowing 2 fans

3] Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO @ Rs 2250/-

- side blowing single fan

The other Noctua's NH C14 & D14 are too large ( a Beast!) & very expensive (over 5K). I have noticed that the above nos 2 & 3 are most commonly used by TE members.

So what do you guys suggest.

Thanks

Why hijack the thread,should've created a new one,anyways if you're going for hardcore ocing [4.8ghz]then i'd suggest you to go for Noctua NH-U12P SE2-3.9k and if casual ocing is on your mind like 4ghz or under then go for CM Hyper 212 evo-2.1k

Since you're going for i7 i'd suggest you to go for noctua.

Crumbs @Jakob ... I took this thread as a kinda sticky (since it was started in Dec-2011) and still around
<
. No offence to the OP.

Now, I may not jump into hardcore oCing (maybe just a wee bit), however my usage maybe into long hours of video encoding & rendering (where cpu resources will be stretched)..... so that's why I am looking at a quality air-cooler which is also silent.

I am not comfortable seeing the "stock coolers" performance under stress & idle mode

http://www.techspot.com/review/475-cpu-cooler-comparison/page5.html

- the reference coolers above are different from what I am considering, still....

Crumbs @Jakob ... I took this thread as a kinda sticky (since it was started in Dec-2011) and still around
<
. No offence to the OP.

Now, I may not jump into hardcore oCing (maybe just a wee bit), however my usage maybe into long hours of video encoding & rendering (where cpu resources will be stretched)..... so that's why I am looking at a quality air-cooler which is also silent.

Terrence I would suggest that you go for the Noctua NH-U12P SE2, I have it and I love it. At stock fan speed ~1300 RPM, it is quiet and I use the provided speed adapters [actually your usual rheostats] to quiet down the other case fans.

The package and overall bundle is very well put together and no other CPU cooler I have bought comes with all the paraphernalia the Noctau comes with. Plus those guys have an excellent ASS team, I had requested them to send me a particular mounting kit [I had to provide proof of purchase] and they actually shipped it to me free of cost.

It speaks volumes about their commitment, and I for once will say Noctua is almost the perfect company.

And yes the fan can be mounted adjustably higher / lower depending on how high the RAM heat-spreaders are so no conflicts occur, until you are using something like Corsair Dominators.
Hope this helps, Cheers!!

P.S. --> Do not hijack threads please.

<

#terence_fdes Noctua NH-U12P SE2 is the one i recommend

Thanks & gotcha about the dead @ and now #.

Apologies to #ALPHA17 & Jakob for still pursuing the matter here (and hi-jack-ing this thread).... 'tis just one final nagging doubt, "Where & Why has the Noctua - NH-C12P SE14 dissapeared from the Indian Market ????

Way back in 27-June-2010 it was listed here

http://www.techenclave.com/topic/475442-noctua-products-cpu-coolers-fans-best-prices-its-here/

IMHO - It was a stepped up and better version than the U12P SE2.... I liked the design & the top->bottom air-flow concept & for it's pricing...... sigh

Nevertheless, it's thanks to you guys for your timely inputs.

Cheers

(my topic closed here .......... roma locuta causa absoluta ... after the guru's gentle warnings
<
)

"Where & Why has the Noctua - NH-C12P SE14 dissapeared from the Indian Market ????

Most probable that the product was too niche in the Indian market back then, plus the fact that Noctua is a still not a very widely known brand as compared to Cooler Master and ThermalRight. Also the pricing of Noctua products is higher than their equivalents [Cooler Master V6 GT performs a shade better than the U12P and has LEDs to boot].

So if the C12P SE14 did not sell well enough I think that TheITWares stopped importing it.

Way back in 27-June-2010 it was listed here

http://www.techencla...rices-its-here/

You can enquire with TheITWares regarding the same, because they are the national distributors for Noctua products, they might be able to get a piece in the next consignment from Noctua.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

Back