Budget 71-90K Need PC build Suggestions

Grim

Disciple
  1. What is your budget?
    • 70K around
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - AMD FX8350
    • Motherboard - AsRock 970 Extreme 4
    • GPU - GeForce GTX 1060 6gb
    • RAM - Corsair Vengeance 8X2 gb
    • Monitor - Dell 21" (model info yet to check) but its around 9 years old
    • PSU - Seasonic 500W (i guess)
    • Cabinet - Cooler master HAF 912 combat windowed version
    • Hard Disk - 1tb WD Black & 3tb WD Green
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - Dell 21" (if i dont get an alternate)
    • PSU - 500 if sufficient
    • Hard Disk - 3tb WD Green
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - AMD Ryzen 3600 or Intel i510400f/10600k
    • Motherboard - any compatible long lasting motherboard
    • PSU - Best Power Supply Units
    • Ram - any non RGB 3000/3200 Mz 8X2 Gb
    • Monitor - Gaming monitor 24"-27"
    • Hard Disk - 1Tb M2. NVME
    • Cabinet - Do i need to upgrade? if yes please suggest
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, will upgrade the following if prices return to normal
    • GPU - RTX 3060ti
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Bangalore
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Desktop office work (Microsoft tools)
    • Watching HD movies
  9. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • RPG games mostly
  10. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1080p
  11. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  12. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10 64 bit

Thanks @vaibhavyagnik.
For MOBO should i go for Asus TUF or AsRock? Saw Sunilreddy mentioned saying AsRock is also very good compared to MSI!
My cabinet will be good right?

3600x Cpu and 3070 gpu won't make full use of PCIe 4 which is the only difference between b450 and b550. B450 tug gaming plus costs less than 9k. Go for this one instead.
Thanks @vaibhavyagnik.
For MOBO should i go for Asus TUF or AsRock? Saw Sunilreddy mentioned saying AsRock is also very good compared to MSI!
My cabinet will be good right?
I would go for asus for gigabyte as these are lot more reliable and have proved to be solid.

1. What is your budget?
    • 70K around
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - AMD FX8350
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • GPU - RTX 3060ti
    • Bangalore
    • Yes
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Watching HD movies
    • RPG games mostly
    1. Gaming - 1080p
    • No
    • Windows 10 64 bit
You could save some dough by downgrading to core i5 9600k. Put that money into GPu.
cheers

After seeing few videos about temp comparisons b/w 3600 & 10440f i was wondering which one to take as i was inclining towards 3600 in the beginning (from the time i thought of upgrading) + there was bump in prices.
So, if i stick with 3600, which would be better MOBO when i upgrade to 3060ti? B450 or B550
i5 prices have gone up!!

Last edited:
B550 is future proof as it has PCIE Gen4 and it will support future AMD processors if you want to upgrade your processor.

After seeing few videos about temp comparisons b/w 3600 & 10440f i was wondering which one to take as i was inclining towards 3600 in the beginning + there was bump in prices.
So, if i stick with 3600, which would be better MOBO when i upgrade to 3060ti? B450 or B550
i5 prices have gone up!!
For AMD, go with 3600+b450. Cheaper and you can put saved money in some other component. Anyways, amd and Intel will move to new socket either this year or next year so there is no upgrade path for any cpu or mobo next year. Also, b450 supports zen 3 chips.

Just verify if nvidia RTX IO and Microsoft direct access support is coming to PCIe 3 as well. If so, there is no point in spending extra for b550.

I am running 5800x on b450 and I got cinebench score that is inline with those that are tum by other builders.

Desiibond, are you on beta bios or stable? I read b450 tomahawk max and the likes (b450 top end) had out of the box bios support. Didn't really look into it but do all the b450 boards have stable bioses that support Zen 3 now. That said, I'd be sceptical of b450 supporting the rumored Zen 3 refresh, if someone wants to upgrade from 3600 to Zen 3+ down the line.
But if someone is on a tight budget or has no plans of upgrading or will be happy with Zen 3 (given its supported), a good b450 board will make sense. The current GPUs don't saturate PCIe 3 so PCIe 4 is not a real need, but I'm not an expert on this.

Last edited:
Desiibond, are you on beta bios or stable? I read b450 tomahawk max and the likes (b450 top end) had out of the box bios support. Didn't really look into it but do all the b450 boards have stable bioses that support Zen 3 now. That said, I'd be sceptical of b450 supporting the rumored Zen 3 refresh, if someone wants to upgrade from 3600 to Zen 3+ down the line.
But if someone is on a tight budget or has no plans of upgrading or will be happy with Zen 3 (given its supported), a good b450 board will make sense. The current GPUs don't saturate PCIe 3 so PCIe 4 is not a real need, but I'm not an expert on this.
I agree with him on the pcie 3 argument. Pcie4 is still overated by at least 5 years or so.

I
3600x Cpu and 3070 gpu won't make full use of PCIe 4 which is the only difference between b450 and b550. B450 tug gaming plus costs less than 9k. Go for this one instead.

I would go for asus for gigabyte as these are lot more reliable and have proved to be solid.
would add MSI in the list too

1. What is your budget?
    • 70K around
    • CPU - AMD FX8350
    • GPU - RTX 3060ti
    • Bangalore
    • Yes
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Watching HD movies
    • RPG games mostly
    1. Gaming - 1080p
    • No
    • Windows 10 64 bit
Btw OC is fairly simple now days. Most CpU and GPu OC are done with a single click within tested safe Bounds. Unlike old times when user had to get into the semantics, it’s not the case no more (unless you choose it other wise). OC will give you an extra boost totally worth it

Now i need to verify rates in offline stores in Bangalore SP road and see which prices are better. Do anyone know any trusted shops in SP road Bang? [Golcha i know]

Check Ankit Infotech and anandit as well.
Stable BIOS. I have Asus TUF b450 gaming plus atx board. Zero issues till now.

Check Ankit Infotech and anandit as well.

Stable BIOS. I have Asus TUF b450 gaming plus atx board. Zero issues till now.
I'm looking into this. Until last week i was inclined towards MSI boards.
Heard about Anandit as well, nice i'll check them out. Thanks once again

@Grim

Few suggestions from my end;
- Both AMD and Intel mobo/socket are near EOL. With AMD B550 mobo, if you get 3000 series proccy(Zen2), you would have option to upgrade to may be 5000 series(Zen3) or Zen3+ refresh. Zen3+ refresh is not yet confirmed but widely speculated to happen this year. With AMD B450 mobo, not sure if Zen3+ would be supported. Zen3 is about 20% better in gaming and 10-12% better in applications than Zen2. With Intel B460 mobos, you might not get 11th gen processor upgrade possible (It is possible with mobos suchs as B460M DS3H V2). With Intel B560 mobos, you can upgrade to 11th gen chip.

Now if you are going to keep system for 3-4+ years, I would suggest to ignore upgradability and get most VFM parts now. But if you want to shuffle processor say may be couple of years down the line, think of options with open ends.

Another point on processor selection between AMD R5 3600 and Intel i5-10400F; if your main purpose is gaming, get Intel processor. It is cheaper (13.5-14K vs 16.5-17k) and performs same as R5 3600 in games while being 10-15% slower in applications. You can pair it with 2666Mhz RAM as well - may be saving some bucks there. Also make sure to get 2*8GB sticks.

On SSD, You could swap Silicon Power one with WD SN550 drive. Both are comparable in performance with WD being cheaper (9.5K vs 8.7k).

Honestly, in my opinion, don't even bother about the AM5 chipset on AMD for a couple of years. Almost everything that sets it apart from the AM4 chipset is going to be priced insanely for the next few years. eg. DDR5 for all its benefits is just so new that there is going to be atleast a 100% early adopter tax to it, not to mention a ton of bugs that would need a couple of refresh's to iron out. Also It would easily take maybe till 2024 for prices to come to a level comparable of the current DDR4 Ram. PCIE5/ USB4 are just things that sounds great to have unless you actually need it or are doing things that need it. We are barely over-saturating PCIE3, forget PCIE4 on a personal user level.

just an fyi, on a couple of India based hardware groups, on Facebook and on Reddit people have been complaining about MSI and Gigabyte motherboards and the troubles they are having with the service centers. I would suggest Asus just for that reason. Check the prices of both the 4th and the 5th generation broads, if the price difference isn't too much go for the 5th generation boards.

Just my 2c

Yeah i heard a lot about Gigabyte boards complaints. Also heard saying b550 mobo's are better built(in overall quality) than b450 series.
I planning to do one GPU (RTX 3060ti) upgrade in future as mentioned, apart from that rest remains like that for atleast 5-8 years. No plans to fool around during that time.
I'm also expecting my computer overall usage may reduce in the coming years.

Back