Need Phone Advice: budget: ~12k

nimitbhardwaj

Disciple
1. Q: Budget?
A: 12k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Any

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: TFT

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Nokia/Samsung

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required a 5MP camera. Flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Any

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Camera,Music

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Nokia X6(i heard that it has been stopped in the market,is it true?)

Hmm. I think it will get me into more confusion, because i am still confused between android and symbian.

Btw i heard that there is going to be some sort of update in symbian or something like that.

Please clear my doubt.

nimitbhardwaj said:
Hmm.....i think it ll get me into more confusion,coz i m still confused between android n symbian.
Btw i heard tht theres gonna b some sort of update in symbian or something like that.......
Please clear my doubt...
Google "Nokia global sales statistics" - Symbian is D.E.A.D.

Symbian has outlived it's lifetime. I's over now to Android & Open Source RuleZ

terence_fdes said:
Google "Nokia global sales statistics" - Symbian is D.E.A.D.

Symbian has outlived it's lifetime. I's over now to Android & Open Source RuleZ
Justify why you feel an a sub 12k Android is better than a C6-01 for OP's usage. His usage is music and camera. All the sub 12k Androids have piss poor music quality. Camera is also not too great (expect Fit may be but it has a horrible screen)

Video recording is poor too.

http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phone-buying-advice/dell-xcd-35-v-s-nokia-192875.html#post1837239

Symbian will be supported till 2016. By that time most would have changed at least 2 more handsets. Justify your posts in this particular scenario or else stop trolling and avoid useless posts.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@OP - Its the Symbian Anna update and devices with that update are shipping already. C6-01 should receive that update in a couple of months

Nokia X7-00 drops by for a visit, Symbian Anna looks good on a 4-incher

Wise decision man! My friend had similar dilemma with all the trash talk of ''Symbian is Dead'' and shitload of cheap android devices around that price range, but he finally went ahead with C6-01 as his sanity prevailed over hype!

Yes, symbian is 'dead' BUT nokia have to sell 150millions MORE units to prevent getting sued from its shareholders. That means nokia will break its back to make the last of the Symbians the BEST its has ever produced and blow the competition away with hard to beat 'value' products. And we're already seeing the proof of this - tell me, which phone for 12k will play ANY video file directly from a 'flash drive' connected to it?!
And please, all you new Droid and iOS fanboys stop screaming about your countless APPS in your market as any seasoned Nokia user will confirm, if you know 'where to look' you can find many apps for almost ANY situation. Don't believe me? Here's what I can do with my centuries old Nokia E63 -

* One-click hack (HelloOX2)
* Create WiFi hotspot (Joikuspot)
* Browse/transfer files over a WiFi LAN (SymSMB)
* Automatically find the synced lyrics for my songs and display it as an overlay over any screen (TTPod), while I do TRUE and NATIVE multitasking in the background with full office document view/edit ability (QuickOffice)
* Surf the full web or super fast compressed one (Opera Mobile and Mini)
* Edit ID3 tag and add/remove album art (JMp3Tag)
* Schedule auto profile switching based on the time of day and day of the week (Dr.Jukka Profile Sch)
* Block obnoxious adverts (both call and sms) according to simple blacklist or advanced 'number pattern' and contained word (Adv.Blocker)
* Download Youtube videos in multiple resolution and format (YourTube) and playback 'most' of them directly(Core Player)
* Open zip/rar files and browse/edit/transfer all data in the phone in one of the most advanced file manger (Xplore)
* Tune my guitar with a super easy program (MGTuner), find any chords, hear it (Chord finder) and practice along with a meteronome (Vito Meteronome)
* Changing and customising system font (Font Zoomer)
* Remote lock/wipe/locate my phone in case of theft (Phone Guard)
* Smart dialing, chat view msging, cloud backup of contacts and msg (Youlu), Bluetooth remote control for PC (brmBT), push mail, youtube, internet radio, 3 days battery standby, SD card encryption....

....Are you keeping up droids and iBoys? All that on a device which has just 64MB RAM and 400Mhz proc! OF COURSE it lacks polish and is all but user friendly (in fact majority will be horrified!) but this proves that Symbian is a very robust (albeit unfortunate) platform and S^3 is its flagship so don't even try to write it off based on petty app count!
Compare that to the cheap hardware and fact you can't buy more than half the apps, makes this whole android boom more hype and less value for 'us', for 'now'...
I completely agree that Droids and iOS are the future and not looking to start a flame war (live and let live) as I know there are plenty of drwbacks of Nokia as well but try to see the point here, they're improving more than ever.

So OP, be confident that you've made a great choice!

Not at all! ALL the apps I mentioned are from third party and very easy to install after a simple hack the full scope of which I don't think I can discuss here coz that's piracy at it's most purest and uninhibited form! Which is bad but nokia literally spurred it with it's negligence to user experience...bad karma i suppose.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

...you can start here..

nimitbhardwaj said:
Hmm...........But I ve Heard that OVI is the only place for apps for Nokia and that its difficult to install other apps(made by individuals)(not recognized by OVI)....Is this true?
After the one-click hack, installing apps is easier than it is to install *ahem on PC. Trust me, been doing that since 1 year now.

Back