Need quick help on Galaxy R (Buying it today)

Deb0

Disciple
Jun 19, 2009
Hi guys,

when i made up my mind to go for the Galaxy R leaving O2X (as its discontinued) ...its seems the same thing happening like O2X.

Most of the renowned Online stores are our of stock with Galaxy R ...so i considered buying it locally & im getting a offer of Rs. 22,400 ... should i go for it ???

One more thing, as far as i know Galaxy R available of 2 colors Metalic grey & Black ...if im wrong correct me.

Thx in advance
<

rtkomar

Adept
Oct 13, 2009
Galaxy R comes in only one colour. It is black on the front, Metallic grey on the back
<
.. Those things posted in Flipkart and Letsbuy are misleading.

Hmm, if you have decided to buy Galaxy R, go for it. It is not available anywhere apart from Koovs.com. But that site is not completely reliable.

So you may go ahead and buy it from your local seller.
<

The other choice you have is Galaxy S plus. You can get it for 21k from Ebay

If you go for Galaxy S Plus you will get better SuperAMOLED Display, Gorilla Glass, Overclocked single core 1.4 GHz CPU. But you lose on RAM (512 MB vs SGR's 1GB), Dual core (SGR's Dual core 1GHz) and camera (SGR has Slightly better camera performance).

So SGR looks better. Buy it before somebody else snaches it.
<
And SGR will get ICS from samsung.

rosemolr

Disciple
Nov 14, 2011
Cochin
Don't think twice...Samsung galaxy R is selling out like hotcake..The seller had sold almost 200 pieces in 4 days!!!

Though i bought it for 21k From ebay...The price which you local shop owner quoted is a good price too...Try to get some freebies from him...

Deb0

Disciple
Jun 19, 2009
thx a lot guys for Your replies ...going to get my baby ...wish me luck xD

One more question ...as Galaxy R has no gorilla glass protection like in O2X & i have seen in some video reviews it does get scratchy at the screen.

So is their any specific Screengaurd u guys can suggest or i try to get a freebie screenguard from the seller ???

I dont wanna get any scratch on my phone's screen at all !!!
<

rtkomar

Adept
Oct 13, 2009
So is their any specific Screengaurd u guys can suggest or i try to get a freebie screenguard from the seller ???

Even gorilla glass is scratch resistant, not scratch proof. So if you mishandle it, it will get scratched.

Screen Guard is basically plastic sheet.
<
So all are almost same. As far as my experience goes, "Adpo" company ones will be good.. You should be able to get one around 100 Rs in ebay. Better ask your seller to give it as a freebee..
<

And Samsung provides a pouch inside SGR box. So no worries there.

Deb0

Disciple
Jun 19, 2009
im doomed now ...the seller whom i booked my Galaxy R told me, he is out of stock & returned me the advance money.

Then i searched the whole Chadni market (which is electronics bazar in kolkata), all are out of stock ...its like Kolkata has no SGR left
<

What to do now ???
<

should i order from Koovs.com ???

rtkomar

Adept
Oct 13, 2009
im doomed now ...the seller whom i booked my Galaxy R told me, he is out of stock & returned me the advance money.

Then i searched the whole Chadni market (which is electronics bazar in kolkata), all are out of stock ...its like Kolkata has no SGR left
<

What to do now ???
<

should i order from Koovs.com ???

Oh!! Sad!!
<

Koovs are not a big retailers. I think they get the items from some wholesale dealers and sell it. You could have bought it if they provided Cash On Delivery. But sadly now it is out of stock in Koovs too.
<

The only other place it is available is Ebay. Check this.

He has mentioned that you will get 1999 worth free accessories. Call him and check what are those. SGR comes with Pouch from samsung, so dont let him fool you about it. And dont worry about the money, Ebay should refund you if you dont receive the item within a week of shipment.

reddead

Adept
May 1, 2011
Yup, i think samsung galaxy S advance will replace SGR.

if S advance is replacing R....it has to be priced at 20kish range..right?

and unlike R will it be launched in UK and other countries also??

EDIT: did some looking around and its already available for pre-order in UK...

price (rumor): 23000

Deb0

Disciple
Jun 19, 2009
where r u from "[font=arial, sans-serif][/font][font=arial, sans-serif]beanstalk_230" ??? its completely out of here from kolkata.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I dont think im getting SGR, so i am looking for some other options.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I can stretch my budget to 26k, is their any good phone around in dat price or i should wait for S II to drop its price.[/font]