Need recommendation for simple CCTV setup

_Root_

Disciple
I need couple of CCTVs for my house one in living room and other outside the flat, this is just to track my maids movements when we are not home.

I currently have old Yi Home camera with custom firmware but the problem is recording is stored in SD card and cannot view live stream from anywhere.

Be warned about the feed from WiFi cameras going through Chinese servers, since you can't establish P2P connection.

Your camera firmware implements ONVIF. Try downloading a software which supports ONVIF on to your PC. It should be able to find your camera. You can proceed from there.

Thank you bought the 360 deg version.
Be warned about the feed from WiFi cameras going through Chinese servers, since you can't establish P2P connection.

Your camera firmware implements ONVIF. Try downloading a software which supports ONVIF on to your PC. It should be able to find your camera. You can proceed from there.
Never knew about this, TP-link supports ONVIF and works with iSpy software as well.

But if you're going to use ONVIF, then why not use it with your existing camera itself?
Honestly I am yet to explore ONVIF thing. I have Yi C17 camera do you think using that I can view live streaming?

Edit: Wait how will I conenct to home network I will need vpn for this?

Honestly I am yet to explore ONVIF thing. I have Yi C17 camera do you think using that I can view live streaming?

I've not tried. I was just reading about it since I'm also looking for a similar setup.

Once you have it working on the local network, you'll need some kind of VPN access to your home network.

Static internet ip or go via Dynamic DNS route

Free DDNS services

Most consumer Internet connections are behind cgnat these days, so DDNS services no longer work.

As for static IP, getting a VPS with static IP is cheaper than getting a static IP from the ISP in most cases.

@technofast @_Root_ The manuals / guides available online don't have some details. do you know the DC power rating for this ? 12 volt , inner negative outer positive ? Diameter of the DC power cord ?

I am asking because I want it to be compatible with the router UPSes that are available, e.g. https://www.amazon.in/Zinq-Technologies-ZQ-6600-Intercom-Set-top/dp/B08FGNPQ9X .

Also, does it make noise / announcements when power is interrupted or network signal is unavailable ? I saw that irritating behaviour in one CCTV model, and there was no way to disable that feature.

bump.
I have a couple of chinese IP cameras around my house, and was looking at their cloud storage plans, when i found i can do this locally using the onvif feeds.
I can get hold of a pi or a thin client, but what sort of software am I looking at to tap into these feeds? do i need wired connectivity, or wireless is fine?
My use case is to track a bunch of annoying neighbours dumping junk into our house, so not a very high security affair, just want to have a contingency plan in case they steal or damage the cameras

Most consumer Internet connections are behind cgnat these days, so DDNS services no longer work.

As for static IP, getting a VPS with static IP is cheaper than getting a static IP from the ISP in most cases.
What about using ipv6 for the P2P connection?

Back