Budget 15-20K Need replacement for Poco F1

Emil

Skilled
1. Budget?
A: INR 14K-19K

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: smaller the better with FHD or better resolution (it is for my wife)

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, etc).
A: Android 12 preferred

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 5G - that is the basic reason to upgrade. Apart from that, the Poco F1 is perfect for her.

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Should have no bloatware or it should be easy to remove bloatware without rooting.

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Camera, Youtube, WhatsApp

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: No preference

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online

9. Any other requirements?
A: Qualcomm processor, good battery backup, 6 GB RAM at least, 128 GB storage

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: None at the moment

How is the G62 display as compared to the others? I was considering the Realme 10 pro primarily because of the camera and the narrow bezel. Is this camera just 108MP in name?
G62 has an IPS display, so it won't be a noticeable upgrade over Poco F1, other than the 120hz refresh rate.

108MP is more of a gimmick. You'll get better details and slightly sharper images over normal 50MP cameras, but that's about it. It still has good cams no doubt, but there's a lot more in producing good pics other than MP count, like software post processing, which is where gcam comes in handy.

G62 has an IPS display, so it won't be a noticeable upgrade over Poco F1, other than the 120hz refresh rate.

108MP is more of a gimmick. You'll get better details and slightly sharper images over normal 50MP cameras, but that's about it. It still has good cams no doubt, but there's a lot more in producing good pics other than MP count, like software post processing, which is where gcam comes in handy.
Is gcam available for Realme 10 Pro too? It also has fewer 5G bands. I am not sure if that has a practical impact, causing it to be incompatible with any of the 5G networks here. I use Jio but I don't want to be tied to it either in case I want to port in future.

I would recommend POCO X4 PRO 5G. It costs 15K(after discount, flipkart). The only downgrade is the processor which is not a problem if you don't play games.

All of the bloat can be easily removed by flashing pixel experience/lineageos.

I've already bought Redmi Note 11 Pro Plus(bought in a sale for 15.5K), and two Poco X4 Pro 5G to replace three poco f1's in my house. Flashed all of them with pixel experience rom.
how is the stability? I'm considering going the same route, but apprehensive because these are the first few builds.
but yes the X4 pro 5G is the best bang for buck if you look at features and aftermarket support.
pity they have not released the kernel sources

I have placed an order for the Samsung F23 5G on Flipkart. Got 1K off by using my ICICI Bank credit card and a Rs 5400/- exchange price for the Poco F1. Got the original 25W charger too with a 20% discount because of some "buy more save more" scheme. Thanks a lot to all who gave their suggestions, specially @DestGod

how is the stability? I'm considering going the same route, but apprehensive because these are the first few builds.
but yes the X4 pro 5G is the best bang for buck if you look at features and aftermarket support.
pity they have not released the kernel sources
I personally don't use these devices but the people that I bought these devices for are very happy with it, and report no problems yet.

It's been 3-4 months since I flashed PE on those devices. Battery life is great, the animations are choppy sometimes, 5G works, GCam is decent; no major problems as of now. I had to restart the phone once because the lock screen pin numbers weren't showing.

I have placed an order for the Samsung F23 5G on Flipkart. Got 1K off by using my ICICI Bank credit card and a Rs 5400/- exchange price for the Poco F1. Got the original 25W charger too with a 20% discount because of some "buy more save more" scheme. Thanks a lot to all who gave their suggestions, specially @DestGod
Why did you exchange poco f1?
Is it damaged? or exchanged just for the new phone?

Because you could have used it as a secondary device, with custom ROM installed and many more features and things you can do. With these things, poco f1 could have been used for another 2-5 years or more.

This was just a suggestion.
Because poco F1 still is the best budget flagship killer ever released.

Why did you exchange poco f1?
Is it damaged? or exchanged just for the new phone?

Because you could have used it as a secondary device, with custom ROM installed and many more features and things you can do. With these things, poco f1 could have been used for another 2-5 years or more.

This was just a suggestion.
Because poco F1 still is the best budget flagship killer ever released.
We are senior citizens and do not need multiple phones. The Poco speaker volume had gone down to an extent and was getting worse. In our experience, speaker volume is impacted by swelling of the battery. We decided to get rid of it before the value drops too much.

One of the tribe, still using my Poco F1. It was the OnePlus One of it's time; before that I used a Moto G (2013).
There isn't a replacement for the Poco F1 when it comes to VFM / price-to-performance on the market right now, no flagship processor at budget price point. If you don't mind the extra effort of changing ROMs, I would highly recommend using the list on LineageOS as a starter and then buying according to your budget.

If you need help with flashing, I'll be more than happy to assist you. Xiaomi phones have a 15 day waiting period for bootloader unlock, Poco has 3 days.

One of the tribe, still using my Poco F1. It was the OnePlus One of it's time; before that I used a Moto G (2013).
There isn't a replacement for the Poco F1 when it comes to VFM / price-to-performance on the market right now, no flagship processor at budget price point. If you don't mind the extra effort of changing ROMs, I would highly recommend using the list on LineageOS as a starter and then buying according to your budget.

If you need help with flashing, I'll be more than happy to assist you. Xiaomi phones have a 15 day waiting period for bootloader unlock, Poco has 3 days.
Thanks but I already sold it off.

Back