Need some advice on purchasing Washing Machine

So finally got LG FHT1006ZNW and got it installed today. Machine is kinda cute.. small yet has a design appeal.
Does anyone here use matic labelled powder from Ariel, tide etc.
They do cost more than the regular ones. Are there really any actual benefits over normal detergent?
Any tips for a first timer washing machine user..
Thanks a lot for your help guys.

So finally got LG FHT1006ZNW and got it installed today. Machine is kinda cute.. small yet has a design appeal.
Does anyone here use matic labelled powder from Ariel, tide etc.
They do cost more than the regular ones. Are there really any actual benefits over normal detergent?
Any tips for a first timer washing machine user..
Thanks a lot for your help guys.
Congratulation.

As a member who have been using washing machine front load for 15 years, I have been never able to distinguish between cheap and costly detergent.
I have experiment with all type of detergent including so called special front load detergent and all of them provide saw result.

Go with any cheap powder from good brand like Ariel, tide, surf excel.

If possible direct drain pipe directly to drain, have seen most people just laying drain pipe laying on bathroom and cleaning bathroom afterwards. You can buy long drain pipe from any good hardware store.

If you have time always soak cloth in detergent in washing machine, most machine have that soak option.

Clean garbage bin every month.

We solely use Ariel Matic FL with our Bosch machine since the day we bought it. Buying the 6kg pack in sales/Metro helps keep the costs down if you are worried about that. Bought it for 900 bucks during last sale and it usually lasts us an year because of low usage.
Main difference between FL and TL detergents is that FL detergents make very less foam, which is required.

Do not use normal detergents in Front load, reason being is they generate excess foam and foam will eat away the grease in the rubber seal which will lead to seal failure which inturn will lead to bearing failure.

Tide is good, well you can't go wrong with any of the reputed brands like Ariel, Surf, tide etc.
I use Henko front load,
average cost of any of these is around 90-130/Kg. if space is really not a concern buy bulk pack 3kg 4kg or above you may get it cheaper.
I usually buy 2 + 1 Kg free pack.
just buy front load only as suggested by other members.

As a member who have been using washing machine front load for 15 years, I have been never able to distinguish between cheap and costly detergent.
I have experiment with all type of detergent including so called special front load detergent and all of them provide saw result.
Is there any major advantage to using a front over a top loader? I dunno how true this is but heard that the bearings get damaged faster in a front loader.

FL is more efficient when it comes to power and water consumption. TL is based on agitator while FL is based on human based washing technique, hence better wash quality.
You can set the spin speed in FL which will reduce wear and tear in drums at lower rpm. TL have a fixed speed at 800rpm, I suppose.
Hope other members could chip in.

Good to know you opted for front loading. There is hell and heaven difference in top load and front load.
I have a basic front load from Onida of 5.5kg for last 4 years.
Cost me just 12K!

Thanks, but I already got the LG fl machine. I suppose Bosch still runs on Belt and pulley system. Vijay ses guy was trying hard to convince me to get Bosch, but with no energy rating, nor steam mode made me go for LG.

Don't you guys use public laundries? Prádelny LAVOR was the one we were using for years in our locality ( even during lockdown, it was open for loonies like us)
We have some ancient washing machine at home but rarely use it.

Don't you guys use public laundries? Prádelny LAVOR was the one we were using for years in our locality ( even during lockdown, it was open for loonies like us)
We have some ancient washing machine at home but rarely use it.
Where in India you can find public laundry place? May be dhobi ghat in Mumbai

I've possibly seen one during my last visit in 2019 ( @ Kolkata, not the typical coin drop type) Sorry I may be wrong also. It's been a long time..and those are so common here..

We use Surf or Ariel FL liquid detergent for our Bosch. Back at our Kol home we have hard water full of iron and even with all the filtering, our IFB front load got all clogged out by powder detergents. The engineer strongly suggested using liquid detergent and its been a smooth sailing since then.

This will be my first washing machine and I am truly clueless what should I look for. Need your help with some pointers. Following are some details if they help.

1. Top load machine for a family of two.
2. Weight- between 6-7 kg. I mean I don't know. Will 7 kg be too much for 2 people. We will be primarily using it for washing heavy clothes like bedsheets, curtains, recron pillows. I was thinking of getting 6.5 kgs if in case there is extra load. 7 kg just to be extra safe.
3. Which brand to look for? No idea. LG seems fine. Anyone which has a better service record. I have had bad experiences with big brands like Sony, Hitachi, IFB. So will be avoiding them. Samsung, LG have been good for me. My 2002 Samsung refrigerator still going strong.
4. Most important- I live in an area where the issue of corrosion is significant. So any company which offers durable electronics will be preferred.(Seems LG already got a head start here with corrosion proof and inverter tech.)
5. Availability of spare parts.
6. I live on 4th floor and the main water tank is on the 8th floor(terrace). So I am assuming there shouldn't be any issue with water pressure. In summers it may create some problem when water supply is reduced.
7. Budget 15,000-18,000
What are the other things I need to look for? Do I need to get a wheel tray? I mean I am looking at a possibility that I might have to move the machine during summers when water supply and pressure is low.
What are the demerits of not having the required water pressure?
@Tejas01 You didn't mention here about fully automatic or semi-automatic which one you would prefer?

So my machine leaves from it's place when I wash a single cloth item like a t-shirt on a 15 mins "Download cycle". I have already called LG guys thrice and they say it is expected, I mean they say machine is supposed to move from it's place. I get it if it's an unbalanced load. But a single t-shirt shouldn't be that heavy to cause the machine to start moving when the spin cycle begins. It is only in initial time when the machine experiences jerks and moves left-right or right-left. Once the drum has obtained the speed then the machine will vibrate but not move. Is that jerkiness common at the start enough to move the machine? Or are machines not supposed to work properly when you use a single light-cloth item such as a shirt.
I do have a video recording made today. But everytime I show them, they say it is normal. As this is my first machine, I don't have anything to compare to as to what is normal and what is not. All I know that if a machine leaves from its place, less or more, is not right.

I have setup my machine in kitchen so there is no chance of water reaching its legs and hence losing grip.

Back