Need some advice on purchasing Washing Machine

Yeah, seems like that is the only option which seems plausible. Seriously thinking, who loosens the lock nut all the way to the bottom and that too tightly.

So this is what happens when a single cloth is being rinsed with water..

Normally, the machine rocks right to left, this time it went the other way. Also the cloth was well-soaked before rinsing as I was doing multiple rinse-tests.
I don't understand how a single piece of cloth can cause this issue while with 80% load, the machine behaves normally. Does anyone have any explanation to this issue?
@adder @icysmoke @rdst_1

I haven't yet tried to level the machine, so this vid is pre-level. Would be proceeding with it on Monday.

Last edited:

Normally, the machine rocks right to left, this time it went the other way. Also the cloth was well-soaked before rinsing as I was doing multiple rinse-tests.
I don't understand how a single piece of cloth can cause this issue while with 80% load, the machine behaves normally. Does anyone have any explanation to this issue?
@adder @icysmoke @rdst_1

I haven't yet tried to level the machine, so this vid is pre-level. Would be proceeding with it on Monday.
If you were born before early 90s, you would remember the noise that scooters used to make in those days. They had 2 cylinder engines. Even these days, cars with 3 cylinder engine's have higher vibrations. Whereas as 4 cylinder engines have lower vibrations. More cylinders doesn't mean more vibrations, it means less vibrations as the rotating mass at different angles cancels out the forces.

Rotating components need Load balancing to reduce vibrations. When just one piece of cloth moves, it leads to imbalance and hence vibrations. More load occupies a wider area and hence balances the forces better.

This a layman explanation for why small loads cause more vibrations than higher loads.

@adder @icysmoke @rdst_1

Well the vibrations are certainly more then my machine, Even after leveling it from corner to corner( spirt level on machine like this X ) and front to back side to side ( like this +).
I usually lay on the floor and use a flashlight to see how much each of the machine legs move, if i find one moving up and down, I loosen that leg, so that the leg start pushing more towards the floor, until the it stops moving up and down, then I tighten the top nut upwards towards the machine.

So finally called the Lg engineer to get it levelled after raising the issue with the dealer. When he saw that lock nut was at the bottom he started blaming me for doing incorrect levelling. I told him that I could not move the lock nut. When he managed to do it using two spanners as scissor( one mine, other his) then he realised his mistake. After tightening the screws, the machine operates as smooth as a butter. No unnecessary vibrations. Nothing.
This along with @asingh experience clearly shows the impact of cost-cutting on machine performance. The machines might be durable, but small things like these, carelessness from installation all in the name of cost-saving ruins the customer's experience and leads to unnecessary frustration.
Lesson learnt... No matter how many times you call the engineer, if there is an issue unresolved, don't give up. Raise tickets, escalate the matter, if need arises.
Thanks to you guys, adder, asingh, icysmoke, rdst_1 and others for giving your timely and valuable guidance. It finally feels like the machine works the way it is meant to be.
My final washing legs arrangement. I also added those anti-skid pads as they were lying idle in case if it helped.

Attachments

• legs_cmp.jpg
    legs_cmp.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 102
Glad you could finally get the vibrations in check. Do wipe clean the door gasket after every single wash.

The incompetence of techencians, repair persons is the main reason I do everything myself . 100% of the times I have better tools and instruments compared to the so called service technician.

So finally called the Lg engineer to get it levelled after raising the issue with the dealer. When he saw that lock nut was at the bottom he started blaming me for doing incorrect levelling. I told him that I could not move the lock nut. When he managed to do it using two spanners as scissor( one mine, other his) then he realised his mistake. After tightening the screws, the machine operates as smooth as a butter. No unnecessary vibrations. Nothing.
This along with @asingh experience clearly shows the impact of cost-cutting on machine performance. The machines might be durable, but small things like these, carelessness from installation all in the name of cost-saving ruins the customer's experience and leads to unnecessary frustration.
This is the link, of my brand new machine post installation. Only if the person had placed it correctly on the stand. The sound and vibrations are shocking.

And the machine had not even gone into full spin. It must have been really terrible with that loud noise.
They really need to work on in streamlining their installation process. I am having a similar experience now with a recently bought LG aircon.

This is the link, of my brand new machine post installation. Only if the person had placed it correctly on the stand. The sound and vibrations are shocking.

Did he remove the transportation bolts. On watching the video again the noise is heard even after it stops spinning. Is the noise from the washing machine, if it is send it right back, since clearly its not supposed to do that.

Last edited:
Did he remove the transportation bolts. On watching the video again the noise is heard even after it stops spinning. Is the noise from the washing machine, if it is send it right back, since clearly its not supposed to do that.
Yes, yes. The transit bolts were removed. That "noise" per say is not due to the drum spinning. See the video closely. The machine is flush against the stand. When the water discharge pump (at the bottom) was running, mostly at beginning and end of cycles that horrible sound was coming.

Yes, yes. The transit bolts were removed. That "noise" per say is not due to the drum spinning. See the video closely. The machine is flush against the stand. When the water discharge pump (at the bottom) was running, mostly at beginning and end of cycles that horrible sound was coming.
That kind a resonance is a lot for a drain pump, is the drain hose under the machine or even the back of the machine touching something , either the machines body itself or the stand. Rubber dampers to wm legs and zip ties/ rope to hoses will fix that.

That kind a resonance is a lot for a drain pump, is the drain hose under the machine or even the back of the machine touching something , either the machines body itself or the stand. Rubber dampers to wm legs and zip ties/ rope to hoses will fix that.
Drain pump is at the bottom, left right corner. That was touching the stand. Noise vanished--as soon as machine was shifted back a bit.

Last edited:
On the topic of washing machines, I recently purchased a 8 kg Front Load IFB model. The installation guy was selling IFB branded descale powder for 170rs per 100gm packet (mrp price).

I checked Amazon and could find same packets ranging from 40rs to 170rs each. Most reviews said they were duplicate and contained just salt. I searched further into it and found that third party sellers have listed duplicate descale powder for all brands with identical retail packaging.

Link of "supposedly" original pack https://www.amazon.in/dp/B019IOD92E

Duplicate https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08PBLSN4C

Last edited:
On the topic of washing machines, I recently purchased a 8 kg Front Load IFB model. The installation guy was selling IFB branded descale powder for 170rs per 100gm packet (mrp price).

I checked Amazon and could find same packets ranging from 40rs to 170rs each. Most reviews said they were duplicate and contained just salt. I searched further into it and found that third party sellers have listed duplicate descale powder for all brands with identical retail packaging.

Link of "supposedly" original pack https://www.amazon.in/dp/B019IOD92E

Duplicate https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08PBLSN4C
Usually we don't need to buy these kind of descaling powders. If there is hot water wash option available, do every 7th or 8th wash at min 40 degrees C or high temperature. There is also drum cleaning option in newer machines, my 3 year old Bosch has got this option. Run a drum cleaning session once in 30-40 days, this drum cleaning automatically takes water to near about boiling temperature. That's it

Back