Budget 90k+ Need some advice on the CPU cooler/RAM/GPU for my first PC Build

cryptz42

Recruit
Hi
I'm planning on doing my first PC build in the next couple of weeks or so. After using a laptop for the last 4.5 years which has served me well, I want to upgrade to a PC as I finally can.
I've done a decent amount of research on what parts I want/need for my use case. My use-case is regular gaming with Valorant, AAA titles like Witcher, RDR2, Genshin, Doom, Sekiro, Eldenring, and light streaming.
My reason for the CPU/Motherboard/Ram combination is to allow me to run chrome/discord/OBS in the background without having any issues while playing a AAA title.
Parts List :
Parts That I've already bought/Had from before :
Intel i5-12600k
MSI MAG Tomahawk Z690 - DDR4 ram
Gigabyte AORUS 850W Gold+ PSU
1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM
500GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Parts that I would Ideally want:
Coolermaster TD500 Mesh
ASUS ROG STRIX 3070 TI or ASUS TUF Gaming OC 3070 TI
32 GB Ram - Either 3200Mhz or 3600MHz would work
Noctua NH-D15 Chromax

Now my main question is about the cooler. Everywhere that I've found the cooler online, the specifications mention that the cooler isn't compatible with the LGA1700 socket which is what I need. After looking around a bit, the Noctua website mentions that they either have hardware for LGA 1700 included in orders post 01/2022 but none of the online retailers mention this. Noctua also mention that they provide another mounting kit for the coolers purchased before this free of cost to people (NM-i17xx-MP83 for this cooler) but I'm not sure if they provide this in India as I can't find any official retailer for them. I would be very grateful if someone who has bought this in the last couple of months with a 12th gen CPU can share their experience with this.

Another question I had about the cooler was whether I'd be able to fit the GPU in the topmost slot of the motherboard as the cooler is quite big. If not, I'd like some suggestions on coolers I can buy which would be a good replacement for this.

And finally, a small question on which of these two I should choose: ASUS ROG STRIX 3070 TI or ASUS TUF Gaming OC 3070 TI? Would it really make any difference?
The budget is not much of an issue, currently, I'd be spending around 1.5L given this parts list (If it looks less, it's because I've had some parts for quite some time and I'm not counting those). I don't mind putting in another 5-10k for a different cooler or GPU which would go with the rest of the list.

Thanks in advance to anyone who provides any advice. Please feel free to ask questions you might have to help me with this, I'll reply as soon as I can.
A detail that I've missed: I have a 1080p 144Hz monitor and I'd like to play games with 60+ fps.
I'm unable to edit the original post, if anyone can help me with that as well. Thanks

Last edited:
Back