Need some information about Carry On Luggage - Emirates from USA to India

raksrules

Elite
I have a query regarding the carry on luggage allowance from USA to India via Emirates airlines. When i came to US, i was given British Airways and for carry on i used to have a main carry on bag which is of the proper size and dimensions (with wheels) and additionally i carried a laptop backpack with lots of stuff inside it. I have seen this general trend that usually they don't weight the carry on bag if it "looks" like it will fit the overhead bin. And in most cases i have seen backpack is not even given much importance. This gives an opportunity to carry lot of stuff in the carry on and laptop bag.
Now with British Airways they have mentioned on their website about 1Carry On + 1 Laptop bag which is fine.

But i have query regarding Emirates, do they also allow the same for carry on ? I checked their website and there is only mention of one carry on bag and nothing about Laptop Bag or anything similar.
I only have options of BA, Emirates, Luftansa and United for my travel back and i am insisting on these airlines as they have through check in for luggage from DFW (Dallas). I don't want to mess around traveling first in domestic US carrier to some other US destination and then taking an international flight. Luftansa and United is least preferred because of only 1 check in bag allowance.

Not sure on 1+1 policy but I managed to get thru my backpack weighing 12.5KGs on emirates. That and a suitcase of 35KGs when i was allowed max combined of 30KGs :p

Not sure on 1+1 policy but I managed to get thru my backpack weighing 12.5KGs on emirates. That and a suitcase of 35KGs when i was allowed max combined of 30KGs :p

Yes i know, in fact i stuff the carry on bag so much that weighs more than 12-14 Kgs and additionally i stuff the "laptop bag" and it too weighs 10Kgs+. If the laptop bag is not allowed then i will have to skip this airline as i plan to stuff the laptop bag ;)
This is in addition to the two 23 Kgs check in bags that are allowed.

On an unrelated note, i have read / heard that it helps if you reach well before time for your flight and get your luggage checked in sooner as they tend to be not much fussy about the weights of the check in baggage initially.

Flew in Emirates a few times. Very genuine and co-operative guys. No fuss for my overweight luggage almost always.
Only once did they asked me to offload something from the main luggage in my backpack n helped me with it too.

^^Did you have 1 Carry On + 1 Laptop bag (back pack) ??
My main concern is that i want to have 1 Carry On + 1 Laptop bag (backpack).

Ok so this query about emirates becomes even more important now as I checked the prices for DFW to BOM and British airways is almost double the price of emirates for the day I intend to travel. Although the ticket will be booked by my employer, they usually insist on lowest fares and this makes me believe that if the rates are going to stay where they are, there is slim to no chance I will get British airways. But then you never know.

Back