PC Peripherals Need suggestion for UPS

Jules Goes

Disciple
Hi, I need help with getting the right UPS. Currently MY PSU is 750 watts , will be getting 1000 watts or mostly 850 watts when Intel X99 comes out with nivdia 800 or 770 GPU plus want one screen to work on the ups.

Need a Good UPS , Computer will be used as a workstation .

Budget Rs 10,000-13,000 Lesser the better :p

Thanks

My suggestion go for microtek inverter hybrid i have and i can play game without any restart + with one battery whole day

thanks mastersquall for the reply, how much did the ups/inverter setup cost you??

Mod Edit: Please avoid BOLD and large sized font

Last edited by a moderator:
APC 600VA UPS -2100,
APC 1100VA UPS -5400,
APC 1000VA UPS -7200,
CyberPower BU1000VA UPS -4400.
All prices are local CTC,Secunderabad Prices from Arun Computers.

Not when you invest on a sine wave inverter

Thanks for the reply , Really confused here :(

1) A Shop quoted me for a Pure sine wave inverter for Rs 20,000 One hour backup time , but like all inverters it does not come with surge protection.
Is it safe to use inverter only without UPS ?

2) Numeric Digital LI 2KVA (1400watt) UPS with internal 7AH*4nos Battery @ 14700/ . 30 mins backup time

Thanks for the reply , Really confused here :(

1) A Shop quoted me for a Pure sine wave inverter for Rs 20,000 One hour backup time , but like all inverters it does not come with surge protection.
Is it safe to use inverter only without UPS ?

2) Numeric Digital LI 2KVA (1400watt) UPS with internal 7AH*4nos Battery @ 14700/ . 30 mins backup time
If you are buying an inverter, do not get one with internal battery. Instead get something that has 2 12v rails and can connect to two battery setup. Might set you back by 30K. but will give u no less than 8 hrs of backup.

Anything that converts DC to AC is an Inverter. A UPS is an inverter geared to provide 'uninterrupted' power, i.e. it will have a faster switch-over time from mains to battery. Most PSUs have about a 15~20ms hold up time. If your inverter can switch-over within the hold-up time, you should be good.

Some of the ideas like 'I have an 850W psu so I need an inverter/UPS which can supply 850W' is technically incorrect, but since the end result is almost the same, you can ignore it for now.

Back