Need suggestion on shopping.indiatimes.com

jinvidia

Adept
Respectful members

I have not purchased anything online in my life. REcently i received a promo code in my ICICI bank inbox wherein i can get Rs.300 off on anything purchased in shopping.indiatimes.com.

I was very eager to purchase a 32GB microsd card before i read the horrible feedback of the customers who bought from indiatimes. Indiatimes customer care is active but they say it will take 10-15 days for the product to get despatched. .

Is there any risk in shopping at indiatimes ?.

Thanx in advance

Question 1: Are you sure there is no minimum order for that 300 off coupon?

Question 2: Haven't you got a better price for it on any other site?

I do not recommend Indiatimes or Rediff shopping.

I suggest you not to buy anything from India Times Shopping. I had very bad experience with them. Don't go with their coupons stuff. They just suck at the times of shipping, product availability and delivery. The moment after you make payment, their service goes crazy. :(

^^ me too have bought things and at times it goes smoothly. But when it stuck....

My last order was done in April, and I am still waiting for refund as they delivered a different platform game to me. Unfortunately I did not use my CC for this otherwise would have raised chargeback on them.

Thanks guys. It seems except jai_hoo others have had bad experience with indiatimes as i expected. The ICICI pm just gave me the promo code and which gives a discount for Rs.300 and there is not a single word about the minimum purchase. When i selected a 16GB card for Rs.524 i got a stupid message which said that the purchase price is lesser than the discount price. So had to contact CC where i was told that i had to make a minimum purchase for Rs.1000. So selected a 32GB card for 1.2k and after applying the discount coupon the price was Rs.865. At one hand i was very tempted to avail that offer as i have an intention to go for a 32GB microSD. On the other hand i thought to go through reviews and the next day some horrible reviews changed my mind which motivated me create this thread

Ok as you guys advice i will stay away from indiatimes at least for now.

REgarding the price, it is almost impossible to get a 32GB card for .865k i guess.. If there is anyother similar but genuine offer please do let me know buddies.

thanx for your help...

^^ Mate I require a MicroSD and not a SDHC card which is priced low everywhere. Ok now decided to wait until the prices fall...

I had a bad experience with Indiatimes shopping as well. Coupon 'SHOPCOMP' was advertised all over their website couple of weeks back, which they claimed to give 10% discounts on computers and accessories including storage devices. So, I tried using the coupon to place an order for an external hard drive and a router. The 10% discount worked, my payment was confirmed and I also received a call from Customer support next day checking whether I would like to cancel my order. That was really strange, why would I wait for their call if I had to cancel my order. Got email after 2 days confirming my order. But the same day evening, got another call from customer support saying that my order has been cancelled owing to technical problems with applying the coupon code.

So, after placing my order, and confirming the payment, it got cancelled due to a reason that I don't believe. Looks that Indiatimes simply did not want to give the discount.

Anyway, have decided never to buy anything from Indiatimes again.

Well you need to have lots of patience while dealing with indiatimes, I ordered a Book which was rarely available in India, they took around 15 days to ship it, so it was really frustrating for me. But if you consider other View, i got that Book for around 500 Rupees(market cost 1K), so got a flat 50% discount, so waiting 15 days was not actually that bad if i can save 500 flat. Also purchased 2 times watches cost 10K which was shipped in 3 days flat. So i will say do consider the shipping period mentioned before ordering and have patience... Its not that bad if you are getting good deal.

Back