Need Suggestions choosing and opening a bank account in India

max_demon

@maxdemon
Adept
Hello guys, I have an minor a/c at HDFC bank currently, but as I'hv turned major, thought of opening a new account. but the problem is there's so many to choose from. As I had not tried any of them. and also I would like to know can we open acccount instantly? I herd that in ICICI they give welcome kit in just 5 minutes. is it true? and what all documents would be required. I have a UIDAI and Driver's lisance . thinking of making a PAN card soon.:ashamed:
suggestions and guidance from expert in the field will be appreciated.:eek:hyeah:

Don't go for Axis bank.They have a limit of five transactions per month for SB ac.After that you will be charged for each thousand rupees.Go for IDBI zero balance account.

ICICI is good if you want to use the account for online transactions you can add people to your payee list in 5 minutes time and hence you can payup pretty quickly. If for larger saving type account better go for SBI i guess whatever documents you have currently should be sufficient for opening a bank account,

In Nationalized Banks - SBI, PNB
In Private sector - ICICI, HDFC

Documents (Any of 2): DL or any address verification, Ration card, Voter ID, Telephone Bill (on your Name if any), Passport., If you are a student then I think college ID may also be helpful.

honest1 said:
You cant open account without PAN.

Don't know where you've heard this. Its totally wrong.

@OP- If you wanna do savings- SBI (its ATM network will serve like dell's service :bleh:) , PNB

In pvt sector- Either IDBI @ zero balance plus NO FRILLS, or ICICI if you've got 10k extra to keep it as min bal.

ICICI if you prefer to use NetBanking or do maximum banking online without glitch.

SBI if none other GOOD bank near to you.

Your title make me think that you are NOT from India or NRI :)

I think that all government banks require an additional nominee of that bank to open an account,

also I would like to find ,instant service(though it may take time to activate) but at some places I need to provide details. most of the transactions would be fore techenclave/ebay selling purposes.

no problems with min balance as the money will be there anyways.

what is the card that icici guys give at time of opening? platinum?

max_demon said:
what is the card that icici guys give at time of opening? platinum?

they give a welcome kit that contains a some user guide, internet banking password , International Debit card mostly Visa one, cheque book of 20 cheques IIRC and an account opening slip. At the time of opening you are required to pay Rs.10,195(10k minimum balance + 195 for Debit card) as opening deposit.

It takes 3days to a week to activate. Upon activation you receive a sms to your registered mobile number.

The problem with this type of instant account is you do not get the debit card with your name printed on it. It reads INSTANT DEBIT CARD on the card. You will have to get a personalised card by calling the Customer Care and you will mostly receive it in a week

honest1 said:
You cant open account without PAN.

Sent from my EVO3D using tapatalk.

is that possible because i have 2 accounts one in corporation bank and other in IDBI bank and still i don't have a pan card.:cool2:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

if you have an Adhar card then it is all you need to open an account IMO and couple of photographs. and i think yes your account will be opened instantly.

Back