Need suggestions for 2k/144hz Monitor ?

ankit1738

Recruit
Here's my minimum requirements:
Resolution: 2k and above.
Refresh rate: 144hz and above
Panel: IPS preferred
Brand: Any brand with good rma and support.

While I've done my fair bit of research and I'm Leaning towards my LG 27GL850 gaming monitor, I wanted your input if I missed any monitor worth looking into. I'll be doing 50% gaming and 50% work.

P.S. A newer version of 27GL850 i.e 27GP850 was launched by LG a couple of months ago, I'm interested in that too but I don't think that'll be available in India. Anyone has any news about this model's availability in India?

Thanks.

Going by the GL850s launch in india which was several months late, I don't think the GP850 will be launching any time soon. Plus it just has a few improvements and will be priced higher at launch so I don't think it's worth the wait.

As for other options these are the most recommended 1440p monitors,

1. Asus Tuf VG27AQL1A - 170hz and very similar to the GL850 and cheaper.
2. Gigabyte M27Q - 170hz and flat screen, great monitor but I think it has an issue with text due to its BGR layout but it can be fixed. I think a fellow member has one and has posted a review on here and reddit too

Check rtings.com for in-depth reviews for all of these monitors

Going by the GL850s launch in india which was several months late, I don't think the GP850 will be launching any time soon. Plus it just has a few improvements and will be priced higher at launch so I don't think it's worth the wait.

As for other options these are the most recommended 1440p monitors,

1. Asus Tuf VG27AQL1A - 170hz and very similar to the GL850 and cheaper.
2. Gigabyte M27Q - 170hz and flat screen, great monitor but I think it has an issue with text due to its BGR layout but it can be fixed. I think a fellow member has one and has posted a review on here and reddit too

Check rtings.com for in-depth reviews for all of these monitors

Did some research on Asus Tuf VG27AQL1A and its a great monitor and even slightly better than GL850. Now this is making me rethink about the GL850. I was leaning towards the LG becuase of easy RMA and service. Any idea about how Asus's RMA/service is in India ?

Been extremely happy with my LG 32GK650F. Purchased it for around 20k in Feb though and now the prices are much higher. It not on the official list of G-Sync compatible monitors but it works fine as I have my monitor connected to the Nvidia GPU DP output of my laptop.

Then again, I love the contrast of the VA panels at the expense of reaction time, so depends on what you want to prioritize. Also 31.5" seems massive at first but takes a day or two to acclimatize.

Did some research on Asus Tuf VG27AQL1A and its a great monitor and even slightly better than GL850. Now this is making me rethink about the GL850. I was leaning towards the LG becuase of easy RMA and service. Any idea about how Asus's RMA/service is in India ?
Not sure tbh, haven't had to deal with after service for any brands so far. Asus has been getting a few horror stories with RMA recently but that doesn't paint the whole picture.
LG has a limited range of products so don't know anyone with any experience with LG, anyway I'd suggest you to get your monitor from Amazon so that returns are easy

Here's my minimum requirements:
Resolution: 2k and above.
Refresh rate: 144hz and above
Panel: IPS preferred
Brand: Any brand with good rma and support.

While I've done my fair bit of research and I'm Leaning towards my LG 27GL850 gaming monitor, I wanted your input if I missed any monitor worth looking into. I'll be doing 50% gaming and 50% work.

P.S. A newer version of 27GL850 i.e 27GP850 was launched by LG a couple of months ago, I'm interested in that too but I don't think that'll be available in India. Anyone has any news about this model's availability in India?

Thanks.
Go for the Samsung G5 , i have the Samsung CJG75 which is basically the older G5 , 1440p 144hz , VA ,27 inch curved , it is a really really good monitor and i've been loving it alot , the newer G5 is even better , and it sits at a really good price aswell

Go for the Samsung G5 , i have the Samsung CJG75 which is basically the older G5 , 1440p 144hz , VA ,27 inch curved , it is a really really good monitor and i've been loving it alot , the newer G5 is even better , and it sits at a really good price aswell
I have this Samsung 2k 144hz monitor. It's good.
Wondering how does it compare to your CJG75, or are they same?

Been extremely happy with my LG 32GK650F. Purchased it for around 20k in Feb though and now the prices are much higher. It not on the official list of G-Sync compatible monitors but it works fine as I have my monitor connected to the Nvidia GPU DP output of my laptop.

Then again, I love the contrast of the VA panels at the expense of reaction time, so depends on what you want to prioritize. Also 31.5" seems massive at first but takes a day or two to acclimatize.
4ms response time is doomed anymore, it's better to go for 1ms MRPT as it is very important for real world feel. 4ms is getting departed as it will blur in motion.

Benq EX2780Q. Don't need to look at anything else. Gorgeous panel
true but expensive

Again 4ms MRPT is the downside with this monitor. but samsung has a line with QLED HDR10+, that will be the competing monitors on mainstream.

4ms response time is doomed anymore, it's better to go for 1ms MRPT as it is very important for real world feel. 4ms is getting departed as it will blur in motion.
No monitor truly has a 1ms response time , most of it is advertising terms , But yes there are monitors with significantly lower response times , however most of these monitors are usually TN Panels and the "motion blur" makes it sound awful but i play competitive games such as valorant and csgo and it really doesn't make too much of a difference , The much better colours and viewing angles of an IPS definitely outweight the benefit of a slightly faster response time of TN Panels in my opinion.

So one of my friend bought the LG G850 and he is happy with it. Then another Friend bought the Asus 2K 144 Hertz because he could not spend more than 32k. Both are good monitors but I would lean towards the LG as the friend who had Asus, when he used the LG one, he was amazed.

No monitor truly has a 1ms response time , most of it is advertising terms , But yes there are monitors with significantly lower response times , however most of these monitors are usually TN Panels and the "motion blur" makes it sound awful but i play competitive games such as valorant and csgo and it really doesn't make too much of a difference , The much better colours and viewing angles of an IPS definitely outweight the benefit of a slightly faster response time of TN Panels in my opinion.
None of the monitors discussed and referred here are TN PANELS. 4ms response time is a let down anymore, BLUR sometimes was interesting like i thought it is a feature. But in reality that's a processing weakness. 90% IPS panels come with 1ms response time, VA panels are the ones i find have 4ms response time , TN Panels is out of discussion any way

So one of my friend bought the LG G850 and he is happy with it. Then another Friend bought the Asus 2K 144 Hertz because he could not spend more than 32k. Both are good monitors but I would lean towards the LG as the friend who had Asus, when he used the LG one, he was amazed.
that LG GL850 is a NANO-IPS technology, and has 240 hz refresh rate, it is really good IMHO, BUT it is FHD , 27k money spent on FHD is ......... its better to go for a 160Hz, 2k Monitor at that range.

I personally have purchased both Gigabyte M27Q and Asus VG27AQL1A. TLDR between these two get the ASUS one.

I bought M27Q first and it came with a horrible bleeding so I did some research and found out that this model suffers from QC issues at least the initials models gigabyte produced, so I tried to RMA it and was surprised by the fact that gigabyte doesn't provide On-Site warranty on their monitors and that made me regret my purchasing decision. I had to repack the monitor in its original packaging and took it to service center which was hectic enough let it alone I had to do it twice cause they were taking at least 10 days to replace it with a new unit so I brought the monitor back home went back again after 10 days and surprise no new monitor arrived even after getting assured by gigabyte that they will replace a new unit by that time so I ended up asked for my money back from gigabyte that took another 10 days to get it.

Bought Asus VG27AQL1A right after I got my money from Gigabyte and I couldn't be happier and before purchasing I confirmed it with ASUS and the reseller if they provide On-Site warranty and this alone became the key decision for my purchase. The seller here at Nehru Place was good enough that he allowed me to check the monitor for any dead pixel or any sort of bleeding issues before purchasing.

Back