Video Need suggestions for buying new TV

Make sure to research about hisense after sales support in your city as its quality varies greatly. You don't want your tv to be gone for month+ in case of any issue.
Right. The new TV will be replacing another Hisense, but have not used their service. I'm from Chennai, so ass should be decent. But your point is valid, I will do a research on their service here. Thanks.

I couldn't find any info on who handles service for Hisense in Chennai. Is sir Jeeves? Can someone throw some light ..

Aaah, I never thought buying a new TV would be such a painful process. I've till now visited Reliance Digital, Croma, Sathya Electronics, Vasanth & Co. Everyone is trying to push the over-priced Samsung TV's. Some showed me the Sony X75L (exactly the same model) when pushed. But, no one is even bothered to show me anything from LG, I mean, has LG become that bad or no new models from LG, I didn't understand. When asked them explicitly, they say LG screens are not that good because Samsung is better for the same price. Have the TV market changed that much because last time (3.5 years) I purchased a TV I remember LG was too good.

As of now, I've shortlisted below ones. I haven't done a deep comparison among them, I will do and get back here for more qns, Meanwhile, if any of you think any of the TV from the list should be straight away ignored, let me know, will same some time for me. Also, tell me if anything can be added to the list. (Below list in no particular preference, YET)

Toshiba M550MP
TCL T6G
Hisense E7K / E7K Pro
Hisense U6K

But, no one is even bothered to show me anything from LG, I mean, has LG become that bad or no new models from LG, I didn't understand. When asked them explicitly, they say LG screens are not that good because Samsung is better for the same price.
LG is now known for their OLED models only in top range & probably the dealers in your area not getting good commission on them hence pushing non-LG brands. For non-OLED the sony & samsung models do seem better overall than LG but if spending 70-80k+ then LG OLED & Sony OLED are likely the best option PQ wise.

Last edited:
Aaah, I never thought buying a new TV would be such a painful process. I've till now visited Reliance Digital, Croma, Sathya Electronics, Vasanth & Co. Everyone is trying to push the over-priced Samsung TV's. Some showed me the Sony X75L (exactly the same model) when pushed. But, no one is even bothered to show me anything from LG, I mean, has LG become that bad or no new models from LG, I didn't understand. When asked them explicitly, they say LG screens are not that good because Samsung is better for the same price. Have the TV market changed that much because last time (3.5 years) I purchased a TV I remember LG was too good.

As of now, I've shortlisted below ones. I haven't done a deep comparison among them, I will do and get back here for more qns, Meanwhile, if any of you think any of the TV from the list should be straight away ignored, let me know, will same some time for me. Also, tell me if anything can be added to the list. (Below list in no particular preference, YET)

Toshiba M550MP
TCL T6G
Hisense E7K / E7K Pro
Hisense U6K
Remember, dealers lie. In my experience, LG & Samsung are similar, Sony has better processing to give it an edge.

Sony X74L can punch above what its hardware specs might suggest. Having Dolby Vision certification means nothing. This remains my top choice.

Hisense E7K Pro is good if you want a gaming TV. Else ignore it, obviously ignore E7K unless you want to save money, then fair enough.

Avoid TCL, they bring bad quality stuff to India, ignore them.

Toshiba M550MP is interesting indeed but it costs same as Samsung/LG who generally have better processing than cheaper brands. Toshiba uses Hisense panels, so the panel is decent but 32 FALD zones are not good enough, can be annoying.

U6K - No reason to consider it IMO. U7K is good with 240 zones making it great hardware wise. It might drop back to 55k soon, there's a sale in early May usually. Good gaming TV as well.

Remember, dealers lie. In my experience, LG & Samsung are similar, Sony has better processing to give it an edge.

Sony X74L can punch above what its hardware specs might suggest. Having Dolby Vision certification means nothing. This remains my top choice.

Hisense E7K Pro is good if you want a gaming TV. Else ignore it, obviously ignore E7K unless you want to save money, then fair enough.

Avoid TCL, they bring bad quality stuff to India, ignore them.

Toshiba M550MP is interesting indeed but it costs same as Samsung/LG who generally have better processing than cheaper brands. Toshiba uses Hisense panels, so the panel is decent but 32 FALD zones are not good enough, can be annoying.

U6K - No reason to consider it IMO. U7K is good with 240 zones making it great hardware wise. It might drop back to 55k soon, there's a sale in early May usually. Good gaming TV as well.
So your suggestion is to go with X74L?

So your suggestion is to go with X74L?
Yes, enough for most. Unless you go OLED (1.2L+) or a TV like QN85C (1L+), you will see minor improvements which aren't noticeable easily. If you want a bigger TV, like 65", I won't judge if you opt for something like Hisense E7K 65" or Vu 65". A bigger screen size adds to the immersion.

I'm confused now.
I mean, X74L is not cheap either. It's costs close to 58k online. Is it better than all the qled TVs that I've listed? I'm really confused here...

might not be helpful but my take on expensive tvs .Everyone has different limit/rate of what is expensive. i own a lg oled . i did have dead pixel issue and lg was able to replace the panel without any arguments . i stay in metro city so i had no issues in post sales service.

- Your time of purchase is best .End of financial year so you can slaughter them on discount and if you cant haggle /nag take someone who is max pro at it .Even if you can get a back dated invoice go for it.

-Pickup a tv with max warranty .when i got the LG it had 1 + ( free two years extended LG warranty in scheme) i paid for two more years to safeguard my warranty for 5 years since the amount was high. So if you feel you are spending alot on the tv than please do take an extended warranty of the OEM.I think Samsung TVs used to have labels with very high warranty on it but it was just on panels but not on its pcb etc so read your warranty properly

-If you dont require 144 hz /240 hz etc features i would say go with 60 hz save money. If you don't have physical restriction in mounting 65 inch. i would go for a 65 inch tv with 60 hz becuase the experience of 65 inch is surreal.

-Don't get hung upon a latest model , previous year models will have great discounts so after nagging haggling you could get great discount or larger /better tv.

-where is the tv tech moving to ? tv tech is eventually moving to OLED & Micro led

so you should move away from sony since its an LCD / LED. would recommend LCD /QLED or the miniled if budget permits

Sony also has some good oled models. In fact sony uses LG OLED panel only though not obviously the best which LG uses exclusively for its own high end models.
see there are 3 to 4 oled mnaufacturers in the world
1 )LG 2) Samsung 3)csot 4) JOLED , idk where is csot and joled interms of manufacturing tv size panels . And in term of exclusivity that's not the case .LG and Samsung has separate display & tv business verticals. Samsung and LG display verticals they are free to sell the panels to whom so ever .Hence the only extra money you might be paying could be "badge" "android tv" good calibration or the speaker when you buy an oled.

I'm confused now.
I mean, X74L is not cheap either. It's costs close to 58k online. Is it better than all the qled TVs that I've listed? I'm really confused here...
It has better software post-processing, so better SD channel upscaling or even 720p upscaling vs Chinese ones. 1080p has enough info that it looks great even on cheap Chinese 4K TVs. Sony is said to have better processing than even LG & Samsung. IMO you can look for deals on Sony X74K as well.

For HDR, Hisense U7K will be better because of FALD, 240 zones is a good number to make a difference. But budget QLED panel ones cannot be said as noticeably better than Sony.

Check 65" on some local shop, you might prefer that. A bigger screen with bit lower quality panel is preferred by most over a smaller but higher quality panel.

And yes, hifivision is a good place for TV research but I usually found the discussions centered around expensive stuff, not "cheap" stuff like 50k TVs. Your mileage may vary.

It has better software post-processing, so better SD channel upscaling or even 720p upscaling vs Chinese ones. 1080p has enough info that it looks great even on cheap Chinese 4K TVs. Sony is said to have better processing than even LG & Samsung. IMO you can look for deals on Sony X74K as well.

For HDR, Hisense U7K will be better because of FALD, 240 zones is a good number to make a difference. But budget QLED panel ones cannot be said as noticeably better than Sony.

Check 65" on some local shop, you might prefer that. A bigger screen with bit lower quality panel is preferred by most over a smaller but higher quality panel.

And yes, hifivision is a good place for TV research but I usually found the discussions centered around expensive stuff, not "cheap" stuff like 50k TVs. Your mileage may vary.
true on very first point good brands have very good processor/algo for upscaling and if your furniture tv location permits for 65 inch please take that the satisfaction /the overwhelming effect it has is surreal

and in case if you could get previous year lg oled model of 48 inch in your budget and if you dont have bright room go for oled.

for me goto is rtings.com and my friend hdtvtest on youtube

Last edited:
Back