Budget 51-70k Need suggestions for sim racing set up

Hey want to get started with sim racing. Have never really gamed before. Would like advice on the following
1. What gpu is the best bang for buck to get rn?
2. What wheels should I be looking at?
3. Any other advice?

With the current prices in India, the i think the best bang for buck gpu would be the 6750xt which is available at around 36k inr. If u get lucky u could find a 3070 for 39k sometimes during sale but the 6750xt is more powerful compared to the 3070. The 6750xt is a beast for 1080p and mostly good for 1440p gaming, if ur budget allows you to go higher you could check out the 6800xt/4070 both of those are comparable in performance.

I think the best beginner wheel to get is the Logitech g29, if your budget can extend the next upgrade would be the t300 from thrustmaster. The thrustmaster t248 can be avoided due to the issues a lot of people faced with it.

Do you actually like driving IRL? Since you haven't gamed before you obviously aren't into racing games.

You first need to figure out if you like driving enough, to invest so much in PC + wheel & pedals, as everything is overpriced in India, and you aren't interested in gaming per se.

If you don't actually drive, I'd suggest you first try go-karting or sim racing in a gaming arena near you. Put in 30-40 laps and see how you feel. If you like it, then you can consider building your own setup.

Else, buy everything used and test yourself. Even if you end up not liking simracing, you can resell them for minimal loss.

I don't think that your budget would allow for a decent sim setup, if you only want 1080p then maybe but you are going to have to go for the used route even for that, I suggest looking a facebook marketplace for some used wheels like the g29 of the T150 but don't buy anything less than a belt driven wheel system you would only be wasting you money on that and there is no enjoyment, seriously don't go for a cheap wheel. If you could tell what kind of a system you already have or if you don't have a system, it would be easier to help.

Back