Need Suggestions on buying LED TV/3D TV

Guys I'm planning to buy a LED TV or 3D TV and have checked various models. I'm thinking about 42". I'm not much of a techie guy so really can't give you much of idea as to what I should look for.

Budget 50k-90k

Can someone help me please?

I have a LG 3D Led 42LW6500.

Its quite good. 3D is a gimmick as I just watched 2 movies in 3D whereas what is essential is 2D picture quality which I feel is good.

I really use DLNA a lot and stream all my movie to the Led and it plays remarkably. It also supports most of the video format as well.

A couple of photos of my LED TV. As clicked from a Cellphone Therefore not that Gr8 quality but shall give you some assistance in your purchase:

Playing Transformers 1080P over DLNA

kTpIL.jpg

Australian Open on ESPN HD

vqSw8.jpg

@andy1978

3D is an additional feature. it is not a different type of tv. It can be in both LCD or LED tvs. If you are looking for 3D feature, go for LG model. With LG TV you will get 3D goggles free and they are lot cheaper so you can buy additional if you want. Also LG's 3D tvs use IPS panel. so they have very wide viewing angle. Sony, Samsung TVs do not have goggles included and they are too costly. And I don't know if they use IPS panel. If you don't want 3D, you can look at sony, samsung models also. Samsung tvs can read almost all formats through usb. sony and lg lack in this area. Also prices of sony products are a bit on higher side.

@Bhutoria_1989

Nice pictures.

Thanks Bhutoria_1989!

I was thinking of dropping buying 3D TV and instead go for 46" LED TV. Still checking what are the options out there?

1. Budget.

50k-60k

2. Viewing distance.

9 Feet

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc.

Home Theater

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV.

LED TV

5. Preference for brands.

Sony,Samsung,LG

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market?

Yes

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room.

Ok

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc.

3D support if worth it.

Okay now andy, the trouble which I feel with your input is that if your viewing distance is just 9 feet (which is lower than the recommended viewing distance of a minimum 10 feet) then I believe you should not go for a 46 inch or even a 42 inch TV. You should go for a lower size TV.

my friend has finalised his choice; he is going to purchase SONY BRAVIA EX 720 (46") Full HD 3D TV for 90k in the market/ Flipkart.

I have a LG 3D Led 42LW6500.

Its quite good. 3D is a gimmick as I just watched 2 movies in 3D whereas what is essential is 2D picture quality which I feel is good.

Why do u feel 3d as a gimmick. I am also contemplating going for a 3d tv. Have short listed lg 3d 42 lw4500.

Why do u feel 3d as a gimmick. I am also contemplating going for a 3d tv. Have short listed lg 3d 42 lw4500.

3D is a great technology to have and that is the reason I went for a 3D LED. What I meant was that after using the LED for Past 6 Months I have only watched 1 or 2 complete 3D Movie onto it. The 3D on the LED is quite good but you will watch it occasionally.

I haven't seen 42LW4500 as I have 42LW6500 but I think LW4500 has lower refresh rate. So, please got to LG Shoppe and Demo the TV in both 2D & 3D before making the decision
<

#andy1978 The size difference between 42" & 46" won't be much but the price difference shall be considerable.

Therefore, I suggest you to go for 42" 3D LED. It shall be in your range if bought from the Grey Market
<

Also consider the LED which has DLNA you will love it
<

Guys thanks for your suggestions! Just a small correction the viewing distance is actually 13 feet.

May most probably drop 3D TV option. Need to decide between Sony and Samsung most probably 46".

42" size is only available in LG not in Samsung and Sony.

#andy1978 The size difference between 42" & 46" won't be much but the price difference shall be considerable.

Therefore, I suggest you to go for 42" 3D LED. It shall be in your range if bought from the Grey Market
<

Also consider the LED which has DLNA you will love it
<

Bro I don' t think here in Hyderabad we have Gray market.
<

This is my final list.

Need to decide one from these.

Sony 46EX720

Samsung 46D6000

or

Samsung 46D5500

Loved D6000 when I saw it and am going to buy it soon.

There is no panel lottery at Series 6 level, but it might be possible at all 46" panels are the good ones.

I haven't seen EX720, but I did see EX520 and I hated it over D6000.

It might sound stupid, but I suggest 40NX720 The TV marks it presence even turned off. and wall mounting takes only 3.5 cms of thickness. just visit sony showroom once, and look at this tv, its beautiful.. for 9' , 40" tv would be fine.. if u dont care much about looks, then samsung series 6 is a good option.

It might sound stupid, but I suggest 40NX720 The TV marks it presence even turned off. and wall mounting takes only 3.5 cms of thickness. just visit sony showroom once, and look at this tv, its beautiful.. for 9' , 40" tv would be fine.. if u dont care much about looks, then samsung series 6 is a good option.

No offense mate but this is just a bad idea.

"Buy a TV that looks good and does not have a great panel" This is a very bad advice.

And all LEDs are that thin and panel should take priority.

Samsung 40D6000 also looks pretty good BTW.

I updated the distance from TV to sofa is 13 Feet. So maybe 40" is small.

I updated the distance from TV to sofa is 13 Feet. So maybe 40" is small.

As #[member='max']_demon said you should look into 46".

You should head to croma or a similar place and check the panels out as personal opinion differs.

Nonetheless my vote still goes for 46D6000 due to the panel.

Loved D6000 when I saw it and am going to buy it soon.

There is no panel lottery at Series 6 level, but it might be possible at all 46" panels are the good ones.

I haven't seen EX720, but I did see EX520 and I hated it over D6000.

As #[member='max']_demon said you should look into 46".

Nonetheless my vote still goes for 46D6000 due to the panel.

It's been almost a week since we are waiting for this model 46D6000 to arrive in the Samsung outlet here based on how it is we may go for this. Otherwise the Sony EX720.

Back