Need Suggestions on buying LED TV/3D TV

It's been almost a week since we are waiting for this model 46D6000 to arrive in the Samsung outlet here based on how it is we may go for this. Otherwise the Sony EX720.

Why are you buying from a Samsung outlet? Its not like it would make a difference if you bought it from another outlet.

EX520 had backlight bleeding issues and the contrast was not brilliant, do not know if EX720 has those issues.

Please do check out EX720 personally and take a few video files as well.

Why are you buying from a Samsung outlet? Its not like it would make a difference if you bought it from another outlet.

EX520 had backlight bleeding issues and the contrast was not brilliant, do not know if EX720 has those issues.

Please do check out EX720 personally and take a few video files as well.

Bro I did check out the Sony model as well personally. Only thing maybe I didn't check if it's able to play all formats including MKV.

This outlet is giving me the least price among all the electronic outlets that I checked here in Hyderabad.

don't trust sony guys! 2 of my friends have samsung series 6 tv and they swear by its picture quality. samsung does play all formats. I personally like sony more because of the nx series design.

If that is 3D TV, is it Active 3D or Passive 3D?

Active 3D.

Even I want to know the very same.

What is the difference between the two?

Even I want to know the size and price.

As for the 3D question, Samsung 3D requires those heavy battery 3D glasses. LG 3D requires the specs design (the ones that look like they came from a 100 years ago.

For a technical answer go to wikipedia.

Congrats #[member='andy1978'].

Finally, which size did you buy and how much did it cost?

46" for around 85k

If that is 3D TV, is it Active 3D or Passive 3D?

I'm thinking it's Actve 3D. Need to confirm.

Even I want to know the very same.

What is the difference between the two?

Need to do research.

Active 3D.

Even I want to know the size and price.

As for the 3D question, Samsung 3D requires those heavy battery 3D glasses. LG 3D requires the specs design (the ones that look like they came from a 100 years ago.

For a technical answer go to wikipedia.

Well still didn't get it setup as yet.

passive 3d doesnt work great when you have too much ambit light.. only at nights it will work optimally

active 3d is better as each eye gets a seperate image .. but still as i cannot distinguish 3d from 2d, 2D looks FAR better than any of the 3d technology. I even have sony HMZ-T1 with seperate screen for each eye but its still worse than 2d
<

however in comparison between active and passive, Active wins, with better contrast, and colour, but can produce flickr sometimes. passive does not have flickr issue but looks dull imo

passive 3d doesnt work great when you have too much ambit light.. only at nights it will work optimally

active 3d is better as each eye gets a seperate image .. but still as i cannot distinguish 3d from 2d, 2D looks FAR better than any of the 3d technology. I even have sony HMZ-T1 with seperate screen for each eye but its still worse than 2d
<

however in comparison between active and passive, Active wins, with better contrast, and colour, but can produce flickr sometimes. passive does not have flickr issue but looks dull imo

@sam9953

Active 3D

It requires active shutter glasses to experience 3D. In this technology, TV screen displays images for left and right eye alternately. suppose there is a 3D video having 24fps, 12 of them will be for left eye and 12 will be for right eye or vice versa. The TV has a transmitter and goggle has reciever. when image for left eye is displayed, right eye is blocked. and vice versa. our brain combines these two images that is how we get 3D feel by this technology.

Passive 3D

There is no transmitter or receiver required. Video is made up of two images in each frame. it can be side by side, top bottom. TV then combines these images. to naked eye, combined image looks blurry. But when seen through passive 3D goggles, we get 3D feel.

@max_demon

Do not agree with your post. 3D looks very good. Only you cannot watch it for hours. I have a tv with passive 3D technology. I can experience 3D whether room is dark or brightly lit. I have not seen 3D using active shutter glasses. so cannot compare contrast & color. But if you consider all advantages of passive 3D, definitely passive 3D wins. That is why i bought passive 3D TV.

Advantages of passive 3D

1) Low cost glasses (you will get some free with tv)

2) No need of recharging the glasses

3) Lightweight glasses, can be used over spectacles also

4) Wide viewing angle

5) No flickr so no headaches

6) No crosstalk

7) interchangeable (You can use passive glasses with any passive 3D TV but you cannot do the same in case of active 3D glasses)

sad.gif

sad.gif

Disagree with your views. Recently I purchased LED with Passive 3D (LG Cinema 3D) after a lot of research on both. I personally compared Active and Passive 3D and decided to buy Passive. Here are the things I observed while watching 3D videos in both technologies.

Active 3D : Well, everything is in glasses, TV doesn't reproduce the 3D image. Active shutted glasses may cause headache or crosstalk. In fact, there is a lot of crosstalk. You need to sit Straight to experience 3D (I actually tried sleeping on Couch in shop but screen was blacked out.). Heavy goggles can make you uncomfortable sometimes. You need to remove those goggles time to time. Well, they showed me some 3D clip from Sony itself it was full of crosstalk and active shutters made me cry when I tried to look somewhere else in shop. This is why I dropped my plan of buying 3D TV.

Passive 3D : Actually, I wanted to purchase a Samsung or Sony's LED before shop keeper demonstrated me LG Cinema 3D. But he forced me to at least take a look at LG's Cinema 3D range before I purchase Non-3D LED TV. He went ahead and gave me those tiny little glasses which are not bad either. I loved the way they are designed, very light weight and comfortable. He started playing LG Demo 3D Clip (both Sports and Flight clips). I was amazed to see such a great 3D effect without shutters, crosstalk. The moment I saw the clip, I decided to go ahead and purchase Cinema 3D.

Passive 3D based LEDs are also as bright as Active 3D LEDs (unlike what #[member='max']_demon said). There is large amount of light source in my living room where I mounted TV but I can easily watch 3D content and I don't really feel any difference. Being light weight, my mom and dad can also wear them on their existing glasses.

One more thing, Active 3D will give you horrible gaming experience (very low fps) and even worst for motion based games (because of active shutted glasses).

@sam9953

Active 3D

It requires active shutter glasses to experience 3D. In this technology, TV screen displays images for left and right eye alternately. suppose there is a 3D video having 24fps, 12 of them will be for left eye and 12 will be for right eye or vice versa. The TV has a transmitter and goggle has reciever. when image for left eye is displayed, right eye is blocked. and vice versa. our brain combines these two images that is how we get 3D feel by this technology.

One more thing, Active 3D will give you horrible gaming experience (very low fps) and even worst for motion based games (because of active shutted glasses).

Active 3d (nvidia 3d / sony tv) require 120Hz panels so that perceived fps is about 60fps which is decent..

i hope i could see 3d
<

Guys it's happy to see people here giving more knowledge on the various 3D technologies available. But please can you refrain from posting negatives about the Active 3D. It's ok if someone doesn't post the positives of Active Technology.

I just bought the TV and now I should feel bad that I should have gone for the LG one which has Passive 3 D!

<

Guys it's happy to see people here giving more knowledge on the various 3D technologies available. But please can you refrain from posting negatives about the Active 3D. It's ok if someone doesn't post the positives of Active Technology.

I just bought the TV and now I should feel bad that I should have gone for the LG one which has Passive 3 D!

sad.gif

I just stated passive 3D advantages as max commented that it is inferior. And I already advised you about TV if you remember
<
anyways nothing to feel bad about. Active or passive both are good. only thing is active 3D is expensive than passive. And to be frank 3D feature is not used much.

sad.gif
Well andy you did something great by purchasing something which most of us don't have so you can tell us more about the user experience, which is going to be unique

Back