Need suggestions on liquid detergents for FL machines

Which type of detergent you normally use?

• Eco-friendly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Others

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So I have decided to switch from powder based to liquid based detergents. I need some suggestions among the most visible brands viz Ariel, Surf Excel and others.

Also, I wanted to try eco-friendly brands which don't have a lasting impact on the environment. Can anyone suggest some brands to look for? Are they as effective as the chemical based ones? A cursory look at Amazon's feedback clearly shows people's preference for chemical based products than natural ones. Also they seem more costly than the chemical-based ones, which makes sense as they are not mass-produced.
@adder @rdst_1 @Nitendra Singh and others.

Go for enzyme based liquid detergent. Read up on enzyme based detergents to get an idea if it meets your environmental goals.
I am currently using this. https://www.amazon.in/BACLEEN-Deter...3&sr=1-1-1890b328-3a40-4864-baa0-a8eddba1bf6a

I'm trying the Bunnyhug one as it seems new, has a 1.2 litre bottle to start with and I'm going to give it a shot. Anyone here used it yet?

Have been using liquid detergents in my FL machine for past 6 years and it is always between Surf Excel and Ariel Matic depending on which is cheaper. Also used the Bosch one for a while which is quite good, though costlier.

However, couple of months back I switched to using Ariel/Tide pods because the use of fabric softener like Comfort along with a liquid detergent is more expensive than using a 3-in-1 pod. Depending on the offers, it costs 18 bucks a pod which is pretty good. The present ones are made in Japan and are of great quality, not sure what will happen when they are manufactured locally.
Any reason or known benefits to shift from powder to liquid detergents.

Previously, we used Surf Easywash in Samsung FL WM. Once, we had a problem and tech visited to check it. He suggested to use white colored powder rather blue ones as blue ones contains some chemicals which can damage WM internal parts in long run. Since then, we shifted to mostly Ariel/Tide which are white colored along with comfort liquid.
Never had problem of residue or never noticed lol. Its been 7yrs and my WM is going strong (barring one issue where main board has to be changed, costed 7K).

Its good to know alternatives like liquids and pods, seems like there are advantages, will check them out if it works in my home

The thing with FL machines is that they use less water and powders need more amounts of water to dissolve or higher water temperature so there is a good chance of powder residue remaining back and damaging the clothes or causing itching (in my case). So was thinking of shifting to liquid based.

For me the following are the reasons to shift to liquid.
  1. No detergent residue in the washer
  2. Easy to pre treat clothes in case of stains
  3. My belief that Enzyme based detergents clean organic dirt (oils etc).
  4. Cheaper than standard Surf Excelmatic and Ariel powder detergents
This detergent residue you are talking about, could you see it in the tub or is it somewhere else where it can cause harm. We have extremely soft water at our place.
The Bacleen liquid detergent you have mentioned above is somewhat cheaper than Ariel powder I use. Is the dosage going to be same.

This detergent residue you are talking about, could you see it in the tub or is it somewhere else where it can cause harm. We have extremely soft water at our place.
The Bacleen liquid detergent you have mentioned above is somewhat cheaper than Ariel powder I use. Is the dosage going to be same.
Typically the residue would be on the drum surface (you cannot see it but you can see a thin film developing over a period of time - I do use water softener) and sometimes inside the detergent holder which is not a problem.

You need to use around 20 ml per load. I sometimes use part of it for pre-soaking when required. I think the better homes product I linked above should work even better and be good for your clothes. These days I am noticing small holes in soft cotton regular wear T-shirts (the kind of material used for making vests/banians) after 1 year of use. I think this used to happen with Surf as well. May not be due this detergent.

Back