Need suggestions to unbrick my Pantech Burst

arunlakra15

Disciple
I screwed my new Pantech Burst. The phone just doesn't boot. Even Pantech logo doesn't appear. It doesn't respond at all (recovery mode or download mode doesn't start).

According to Gizmolord forum, I followed the instruction accurately (Rooted and installed ClockWork Recovery mode) and installed Gizmolord ROM. Then, I installed Uniquely Named 3.1. Everything was working fine. Thereafter I installed CyanogenMod10, it worked fine. Installed Google Apps for it, the keyboard stopped working.

Then, I reinstalld CyanogenMod10 again after formatting system. Then,
-Wipe data/factory Reset
-Clear dalvik cache
-mount /system from mounts and storage

When I rebooted, CyanogenMod logo animation appeared. After a few seconds, a red area appeared at the top like here ( "search in youtube - pantech burst mdm error" except that it was red). Then, I pressed power key to reboot.

Now, my phone doesn't respond at all, doesn't start, no recovery mode. In Device Manager, it shows "QHSUSB_DLOAD" under "Other Devices".

What do I do to recover my phone ? Can I get help anywhere in India where I could repair it ? I searched and came to know about a hardware called ORT-JTAG that can flash and recover my phone. Can anyone help me with it ? I seriously need any help I can get. I'll appreciate your help.

You have accidentally messed up the GPT layout due to which your phone is refusing to boot. Unfortunately your phone needs to be opened apart and need some soldering work to be done in order to repair/recover it.

Yup exact same problem that I had with my pantech burst with that buggy CWM Touch, QHSUSB_DLOAD means phone's a red brick & only JTAG could of help, if in warranty RMA it saying its not working..

I think "QHSUSB_DLOAD" is recoverable under linux but not exactly sure, since it mainly depends on the type

No its not as I had tested that too, QHSUSB_DLOAD can be termed as hard brick & only reprogramming IC or JTAG type solutions can help recover the phone.

I can recover the phone but for that i need a working and one non working phone. QDL_HSUSB devices are recoverable by usb but for that you need qualcomm signed tools which arent available anywhere.

hmm.. thanks for your replies. Unfortunately, the warranty is already void. So does anybody in India have this JTAG tool ? I serioulsy need to fix this. I am ready to pay heavily to anyone who could fix this :mad:.

hmm.. I'm desperately looking for an used working phone at low price.. This is kinda replacing motherboard and fixing, right ? The users who already have got one Pantech Burst, hope somebody replies.. or if they're willing to do it with a price. :depressed:

No, i will open both phones apart and will dump the bootloaders, partition tables via jtag from the working phone and write it to your bricked phone, that way both phones will be working :)

Oh.. so you have the JTAG tool ? btw, I've been watching some videos about unbricking android devices. Does JTAG require another working device in order to do that ?

i see yo
I can recover the phone but for that i need a working and one non working phone. QDL_HSUSB devices are recoverable by usb but for that you need qualcomm signed tools which arent available anywhere.
u are online i see
how are you
so i was trying to put custom rom
my pantech was rooted and i had unlocked the bootloader
i forgot to backup and then formated and the update zip was bad
i can still access the android thingy though of course it cant boot it brings the pantech logo
was thinking i put the card in another phone get rom and install from sd
could this work

hey can some1 unbrick my pantech burst..
i can pay upto 2k or even more..
kindly reply.
i can even arrange for a pantech burst. infact i have arranged pantech burst.[DOUBLEPOST=1367712271][/DOUBLEPOST]
Because they have already obtained stuff from the working devices.
hey bro, in which city do you live?
can you please unbrick my phone.

Back