Need the best upgrade from LG OP1 for 20k.

X-jo

Disciple
1. Q: Budget?

A: 20k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?

A: Any

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: Any

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Minimum 5MP, Flash needed

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

A: Android (if a WP7 which satisfies all the requirements then ok)

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A: 3G, Wifi, Edge

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

A: Messaging, mails, facebook, twitter, whatsapp, wordsmith

10. Q: Any other requirements?

A: need LED flash, dual core(if possible), minimum 1Ghz and 1GB internal memory, need external MMC slot and atleast 1 day battery life with average use, camera flash, secondary camera

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

A: Motorola Atrix, HTC Evo 3D

I have been using LG OP1 for the past 1 year and its an awesome experience. Have been using custom ROMs since day 1. Need a phone which lasts for a day if i do the above pojnt No 9 in a day.

20k budget can increase 5k if it gives me more than what i asked for, i want it to be good for atleast 1yr

Thanks in advance

also we get the ME or MB version of Atrix 2 in India?

I own Galaxy r and love it.. It's awesome phone.. Go forint if u can get it..

Else Atrix 2, though it is 23k. Or Lg o2x

Samsung I9103 Galaxy R over LG Optimus 2X:
  • A bigger screen: 4.2" vs. 4"
  • Thinner: 9.5mm vs. 10.9mm
  • Double the RAM: 1GB vs. 512MB
  • Faster HSDPA: 21Mbps vs. 7.2Mbps
  • Slightly better battery life
  • USB On-The-Go support
  • Bluetooth 3.0 vs. 2.1

LG Optimus 2X over Samsung I9103 Galaxy R:

• Better still camera: 8MP vs. 5MP
  • Better video camera: 1080p vs. 720p
  • HDMI TV-Out (with cable in the box) over no TV-Out at all

Speakerphone testVoice, dBPink noise/ Music, dBRinging phone, dBOveral score

LG Optimus 2X65.7 60.067.7Below Average

Samsung I9103 Galaxy R65.7 65.771.5Average

Also battery of SGR was better than LG OP2X

The Optimus 2X display has better blacks but the Galaxy R display is brighter and has slightly better viewing angles.

the above is from gsmarena.com , source - http://www.gsmarena....-review-713.php

So I think its better to go with something other than LG OP 2X. So now its Motorola Atrix 2 vs Samsung Galaxy R. I like the 1.3/5mp MP for SGR instead of the VGA/8mp for A2. How about the battery life? Is it better than Motorola Atrix 2?

#[member='F3niX'] #[member='X-jo']

It'll be hard to get a Galaxy R as of now.

OP you if possible wait for the launch of Sony Xperia P its cost should be around 23K.
happy19.gif

#[member='cooleagle'] Yeah, its difficult to get, But an Awesome Device!!

Samsung I9103 Galaxy R over LG Optimus 2X:
  • A bigger screen: 4.2" vs. 4"
  • Thinner: 9.5mm vs. 10.9mm
  • Double the RAM: 1GB vs. 512MB
  • Faster HSDPA: 21Mbps vs. 7.2Mbps
  • Slightly better battery life
  • USB On-The-Go support
  • Bluetooth 3.0 vs. 2.1

LG Optimus 2X over Samsung I9103 Galaxy R:

• Better still camera: 8MP vs. 5MP
  • Better video camera: 1080p vs. 720p
  • HDMI TV-Out (with cable in the box) over no TV-Out at all

Speakerphone testVoice, dBPink noise/ Music, dBRinging phone, dBOveral score

LG Optimus 2X65.7 60.067.7Below Average

Samsung I9103 Galaxy R65.7 65.771.5Average

Also battery of SGR was better than LG OP2X

The Optimus 2X display has better blacks but the Galaxy R display is brighter and has slightly better viewing angles.

the above is from gsmarena.com , source - http://www.gsmarena....-review-713.php

So I think its better to go with something other than LG OP 2X. So now its Motorola Atrix 2 vs Samsung Galaxy R. I like the 1.3/5mp MP for SGR instead of the VGA/8mp for A2. How about the battery life? Is it better than Motorola Atrix 2?

Battery Life? I get 2 Solid Days out of it! Sometimes 3!
<

Dont think about battery life, just go for it if you get!

Only con, the Dev support is still very less!

#[member='F3niX'] - Can you share your usage details ? My friend has a Galaxy R [bought from Hyd at only 21k :eek:hyeah: ], the device is good, but battery hardly lasts a day. So something wrong with his phone / battery ?

#[member='F3niX'] - Can you share your usage details ? My friend has a Galaxy R [bought from Hyd at only 21k :eek:hyeah: ], the device is good, but battery hardly lasts a day. So something wrong with his phone / battery ?

#[member='avi'] Even I am from Hyderabad man! Bought for 20.5K!
<

Usage:

Daily 1-2Hrs Music+Temple RUN

About 30 min Video

20 Snaps

100 SMS and 30min call

Wifi On for 2-3hrs with BG data On(While using Market)

2G without Packet Data

It lasts 1.5-2 Days doing these..

Expect 3 when no Wifi and Cam Use!

I am also in Hyd
cool43.gif
, where did you guys buy the phones from?

So between Atrix 2 and Galaxy R.

what i like of Atrix 2 from galaxy R is that its advanced , HSDPA (21,1 mbps) vs UMTS (0,384 mbps)

larger display and better ppi

what i like of galaxy r is the battery life but if i am getting 1-1.5 days with Atrix 2 then that is more than enough for me.

both are of the same CPU, similar internal memory.

both for around 21.5k, so isn't Atrix2 better when compared on the whole?

So now its Motorola Atrix 2 vs Lava Xolo X900 in my 22k budget. Waiting for some reviews...

Then go for Lava Xolo X900

It has intel's Medfield processor Atom z2460 clocked at 1.6 GHz which out-performs every dual core processor out there in India(except snapdragon s4 which has equivalent processing power to nVidia tegra 3 and not available in India)

It has good 8MP camera

It's juice pack is 5.4 WHr which is below avg (avg is 6WHr) Still it's battery life is competitive with Galaxy S II and Galaxy Nexus.

It has Good 4" Display with 1024x600 resolution with 295 ppi density.(300 ppi is supposed to be retina display according to apple's standard)

It have no connectivity issues.

So just go for it

Yeah man, i'm planning to buy after a month.. so i am waiting till then.. hoping to see a price drop for the xolo, its a delicious phone for the specs .. i care very lil for the looks.. but Atrix 2 is also a very gud phone, very sturdy.. Couldn't go n check out the xolo in chroma, hope to do it by this weekend..

Good decision.. Now that S3 is out, prices of phones are bound to come down.. Xolo would be a superb buy for about 16-17k..

Yeah man, i'm planning to buy after a month.. so i am waiting till then.. hoping to see a price drop for the xolo, its a delicious phone for the specs .. i care very lil for the looks.. but Atrix 2 is also a very gud phone, very sturdy.. Couldn't go n check out the xolo in chroma, hope to do it by this weekend..

Back