Monitors Need to buy 22/23 inch LCD monitor

vortex_mak

Disciple
Hi
I need to buy a 22/23 " LCD monitor.
I thought of going in for DELL 2311 IPS panel but its too costly at 14k
Plus IPS might have some problems during FPS gaming.

Are there any P/M VA panels in the range of 10k

i am going in for 22/23 inch because I want a vertical res >1000 . Lesser sized monitors have lower res while 24 inch would be too big and costly.

Could you suggest any monitors please
Ill prefer Dell/Samsung/LG as they are good brands with easy Onsite service.
Dont know about Benq, ASUS, Acer.

Also does any monitor in the 10k range have component input so I can connect my Galaxy S ?

Thanks

Thanks for the link.

Somehow I dont trust Acer and its after sales service very much. The specs do look good though.

I was thinking of going in for a 22" as opposed to a 23" one at the same res as a reduced dot pitch would make it sharper.

Thanks

if you can afford the Dell 23" ips go for it ...the gosting problem have long been solved ..that was a problem 3-4 years back, not now !

you will never regret it , IPS offer much better blacks, color and brightness

strategy said:
if you can afford the Dell 23" ips go for it ...the gosting problem have long been solved ..that was a problem 3-4 years back, not now !
you will never regret it , IPS offer much better blacks, color and brightness
For 3k more it is a mcuh nicer deal provided u can afford it:D

Thanks guys, but now I have decided against the IPS panel. 5k for just that is too much, more importantly, I might go to the US in a few months, then the IPS panel will lie unused.

So its better I just invest in a 9k TN panel.

Now, the real question is Samsung B2230 or Dell ST2220M

Dell has LED and anti glare, constrast ratio is 8,000,000:1 and brightness is 250 cdpm, while Samsung has DRC of 70,000:1 and brightness of 300cdpm. The specs must stand for atleast something.

I dont need HDMI.

I am leaning towards the Dell just cause of anti glare but my friend says Samsung B2230 is very good.

Any inputs ?

Thanks

cranky
View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message
Explosive Member
I have the non-HDMI version of that monitor (the 2220M) and it's just about OK. Colours are way off and the stock settings need to be heavily tweaked to get reasonable colour accuracy, and even then the panel loses contrast very rapidly. You have to use literally the maximum contrast and tweak the RGB values to get it to look right. When you turn in on it seems very vivid, so it's easy for a noob reviewer to get misled by the image. There is also severe issues with the edges, because the bezel is high-gloss and it reflects the image on the inner edge where it meets the screen - extremely distracting, and adds to the weirdly high amount of backlight bleed at the edges. The latter is caused by over-enthusiastic brightening of the edge backlight.

However I come from a 3008WFP so it's a little tough for me to accept this level of performance. I will admit is is much better than a lot of small monitors, but really, it's not the bee's knees as the linked review seems to claim. It also says it has good black levels, which it does not. The screen is still gray when turned on with a blank/black screen. In a well-lit room it may be dark enough, but definitely not good enough for movies.

For people upgrading from CRTs or smaller monitors it might still be a good upgrade (CRT still looks better to me), but for those adding it into a system, gosh, I'm not really sure. I got it because I wasn't going to be in the city long and I needed something to hold me over till I could move my stuff over.
Offline for a while
Now what to do??
I think u shud go for the Samsung now
People say that it's pretty good

vortex_mak said:
Hi
I need to buy a 22/23 " LCD monitor.
I thought of going in for DELL 2311 IPS panel but its too costly at 14k
Plus IPS might have some problems during FPS gaming.

Are there any P/M VA panels in the range of 10k

i am going in for 22/23 inch because I want a vertical res >1000 . Lesser sized monitors have lower res while 24 inch would be too big and costly.

Could you suggest any monitors please
Ill prefer Dell/Samsung/LG as they are good brands with easy Onsite service.
Dont know about Benq, ASUS, Acer.

Also does any monitor in the 10k range have component input so I can connect my Galaxy S ?

Thanks
He wants a 22'' monitor and he is firm about that.:D
so don't think he will go for 24''

Yeah, first of all it will be costly. I cant put in a few k more, I would have gone for the IPS otherwise. The 23inchers themselves were costing 10+k.

Since the res on all is same, 22 inch will have a smaller pixel pitch , resulting in a sharper display.

23/24" has the disadvantage of being bigger and heavier. I will have problems in case I have to shift to another location.

So, its 22 then :)

Don't assume my post is an endorsement for the Samsung alternative.

Depend on people who have seen both.

@Mr. Fenix - please use the quote tags properly. it is seeming like you've simply copied and pasted the post, that's not good etiquette.

lol at.:
cranky said:
@Mr. Fenix
:rofl:

look, IPS panels are really great, infact the 23" is a real bargain considering the fact that 24" one costs 28K !! ...it just lacks a HDMI ( and who neeeds HDMI, when you already have DVI ...its not that Monitors have speakers )

secondly, the color and brightness that you get with a IPS is much better that, allows you to game while you sit far away from the monitor.

so, my advice to you would be to get the Dell IPS, if you can afford it ....cause the TN will also be sitting here while you go to US , so no point thinking that way!

if you go with TN, DO NOT get the LG!

Thanks for the input strategy, however, the investment I am about to make is almost already sunk, since I will surely go to the US.

No need to sink 5k more.

kishore.chander said:
Go for Samsun B2230, i own it and i have no regrets, except for the fact that you need to adjust the gamma, brightness and contrast during your intial setup

Thanks kishore, most probably I will buy this.

Thanks to all you guys for helping with my purchase decision.

Back