Need to buy 40" LED + HomeTheatre/Soundbar

mjumrani

Skilled
Hey guys,

I need to buy an LED for my room.

My budget is 75000 and due to space constraints I cannot go beyond a 40" one.

Main criteria would be DLNA and the capability to play all movie formats, including MKV, AVI and MP4. I am not really bothered about not having 3D and social apps/internet as I have my PC for that.

As for the HT or Soundbar, my main aim is to avoid wire clutter in the budget. Budget for the same is 15000, and 20000 only if it's worth it.

The options I can see at this time are,

Samsung 40D6000 - Rs 70300

Samsung 40D5900 (it seems the best look wise) - Rs 57900

Samsung 40D5500 - Rs 59500 (why would this be cheaper than 5900?)

Sony KDL-40EX600 - Rs 64990

Sony KDL-40EX520 - Rs 63900

Sharp LC-40LE820M - Rs 69990

All these prices are from compareindia.in.com, and I do not understand how these prices are cheaper than the ones on eBay or in stores.

Please give your inputs.

TIA
<

Mohit, avoid soundbars if you need a really good surround experience. Soundbars emulate surround sound and is terrible compared to what an actual 5.1 system can reproduce. You have a 20k budget which can get you a decent entry level 5.1 HTIB system. Wire clutter can be avoided with some proper cable routing, fixing them to the walls and concealing them into those rectangular PE tubes which lay flat to the wall and go unnoticed. A paint touch-up with the wall shade would end up much better.

The Sony displays you have listed cannot play most media formats, last I checked. Compareindia takes prices from the several retail outlets from the country and lists them.

Mohit, avoid soundbars if you need a really good surround experience. Soundbars emulate surround sound and is terrible compared to what an actual 5.1 system can reproduce. You have a 20k budget which can get you a decent entry level 5.1 HTIB system. Wire clutter can be avoided with some proper cable routing, fixing them to the walls and concealing them into those rectangular PE tubes which lay flat to the wall and go unnoticed. A paint touch-up with the wall shade would end up much better.

The Sony displays you have listed cannot play most media formats, last I checked. Compareindia takes prices from the several retail outlets from the country and lists them.

Thanks Gannu, as always
<

In that case I guess Sony is out.

Left with Sharp and other Samsung models.

I did see a Philips HT at Reliance Digital for around 19k, so I am guessing it would be lesser in the local market.

The guy there told me that a Bluetooth dongle is available which can make the rear speakers wireless.

The only issue was that they were not bookshelf/table type but tower type and my room has no space for those.

Hey guys,

I need to buy an LED for my room.

My budget is 75000 and due to space constraints I cannot go beyond a 40" one.

Main criteria would be DLNA and the capability to play all movie formats, including MKV, AVI and MP4. I am not really bothered about not having 3D and social apps/internet as I have my PC for that.

As for the HT or Soundbar, my main aim is to avoid wire clutter in the budget. Budget for the same is 15000, and 20000 only if it's worth it.

The options I can see at this time are,

Samsung 40D6000 - Rs 70300

Samsung 40D5900 (it seems the best look wise) - Rs 57900

Samsung 40D5500 - Rs 59500 (why would this be cheaper than 5900?)

Sony KDL-40EX600 - Rs 64990

Sony KDL-40EX520 - Rs 63900

Sharp LC-40LE820M - Rs 69990

All these prices are from compareindia.in.com, and I do not understand how these prices are cheaper than the ones on eBay or in stores.

Please give your inputs.

TIA
<

Hi Mjumrani

On my experience i will say D6000 seems better option with functionality( Smart App's + 3D + Refresh rate ) but D5900 is best among Samsung 5 LED( non 3D ).If you are not bothered about having 3D then perfect match with in your budget will be D5900 which you can get in the range of 56-59 K Rs.

Sharp LE820M is stunning TV too with specification it looks good but a bit bulky when compared to D6000 at almost same price point plus after sales support of Sharp is to be taken out.Sony has its problems that you already know ( format playing plus it got less refresh rate than Samsung D5500 /D5900 ).

My Choice will be Onkyo HTS 3300 for HT system, superb for its price value

So D5900 or D6000 paired with Onkyo 3300 !

How the rates change. Now D5900 is for 62k on the website, though I have found it for 59k through an acquaintance but even then I think it costs a bit more.

But it does look awesome
<

Going to get it tomorrow, and the HT in the coming week.

I forgot to ask, is the Onkyo HT wireless or at least has ire less rear speakers?

Actually even i would like to know if there are AMC available for PLasma/LCD/LED .

cos i bought 42 inch plasma 2 years ago and after exactly 12 months, the HDMI stopped working. Now the LG service centre says it will cost me 10k+ to get it fixed !!

Actually even i would like to know if there are AMC available for PLasma/LCD/LED .

cos i bought 42 inch plasma 2 years ago and after exactly 12 months, the HDMI stopped working. Now the LG service centre says it will cost me 10k+ to get it fixed !!

Contact local electronic repair shop that deals in servicing large size TV set's.If HDMI is not working then it can be changed as far i know.Better ask LG service center person regarding how HDMI will be changed or replaced,if he says HDMI will be changed by changing that part then local shop can do it for for less cost....if panel has to be changed( which i dont think will happen ) then get it done from LG.

Contact local electronic repair shop that deals in servicing large size TV set's.If HDMI is not working then it can be changed as far i know.Better ask LG service center person regarding how HDMI will be changed or replaced,if he says HDMI will be changed by changing that part then local shop can do it for for less cost....if panel has to be changed( which i dont think will happen ) then get it done from LG.

Thanks man, bt i actually asked the local tv repair shop also. They are also asking like 8k for them to repair that fault. (Cant see HDMI in INput menu) and they want me to keep the plasma with them for atleast a week.

Im thinking of getting Panasonic Plasma with 3 year warranty

Thanks man, bt i actually asked the local tv repair shop also. They are also asking like 8k for them to repair that fault. (Cant see HDMI in INput menu) and they want me to keep the plasma with them for atleast a week.

Im thinking of getting Panasonic Plasma with 3 year warranty

Are you getting any warranty of replacement part from LG...if yes the i think getting it rectified by them will be best option.If they are not giving you any sort warranty then better get it done from local repair shop.

At 8k Rs i think its better deal for you rather than going for new Plasma but choice is yours.

In Pana Plasma ,opt for V20 model...

One more thing kindly make a new thread on this problem of yours...

Seems after the year's warranty ends for Samsung, one is on their own.

LG does have AMC programs which make it a better deal. I think I read somewhere that they have started to give 3 years warranty like Panasonic (not confirmed)

Lg AMC prices is just ridiculous 4000 per annum for a 42" lcd/plasma and a whopping 6000 for the LED-LCD version .

Sony has also started the optional extended 2 year extra warranty upon the standard 1 year warranty,to a total of 3 year warranty, the details are on their website .40" lcd/led the price is 3000 for 2 year extended warranty.

The drawback of Sony is the limited media play back from USB.

Lg AMC prices is just ridiculous 4000 per annum for a 42" lcd/plasma and a whopping 6000 for the LED-LCD version .

Sony has also started the optional extended 2 year extra warranty upon the standard 1 year warranty,to a total of 3 year warranty, the details are on their website .40" lcd/led the price is 3000 for 2 year extended warranty.

The drawback of Sony is the limited media play back from USB.

Don't you think its better to get AMC for 6k per year from LG than buy a Samsung with a years warranty and then be on your own?

Rather 6k than 60k in case LCD goes kaput.

Don't you think its better to get AMC for 6k per year from LG than buy a Samsung with a years warranty and then be on your own?

Rather 6k than 60k in case LCD goes kaput.

Is their any fixed documentation stating Samsung goes bust after end of warranty ?

Getting additional warranty / AMC / repair insurance or what ever others might name them is good, but fact remains that if some thing has to go kaput it will go ....be it within a day or month or year or in years time.Voltage irregularities are main cause of panel death.

So install a good digital voltage stabilizer for TV or servo for main's.

#jhononweed

#adder

#abhifusion

#Gannu

Topic Changed

Since I have confirmed that LG provides 3 years warranty + AMC thereafter and Samsung provides 1 year warranty + No AMCs ever, I think I have no choice but to take the safe route and go for LG.

My queries are,

Which 42" LG LED to buy? (70K max + DLNA)

Which HT? (Has to have wireless rears or atleast something that can make them wireless) (10K-20K)

Do the new LEDs play all formats? (According to manual it is supposed to)

Are the panels better than or equal to the quality of Samsung Panels?

AFAIK Croma provides extended warranty on Samsung TV, 1st year is covered by samsung and extended 2 years are covered by Croma...

For HT at that budget I dont know of any good feature rich wireless HTIB offering...

Back