Need to buy 40" LED + HomeTheatre/Soundbar

#abhifusion Croma price is 8-10k more than market + extended warranty cost makes it almost 12k. Don't see how that makes any sense. In 12k i would rather get the HT.

I know its useless but what if I buy a 5.1 HT and keep all speakers in the front (god, this even sounds lame when I typed, but what to do, no space)

#Renegade Did not get notification for abhi's post...

LG has a relatively lower support for media playback compared to Samsung displays using the USB ports. I can confirm this since my boss had got himself a LG LED TV (methinks its a smart TV) but some of the .mkv files wouldn't support audio or both and would throw an error - audio not supported.

#abhifusion Croma price is 8-10k more than market + extended warranty cost makes it almost 12k. Don't see how that makes any sense. In 12k i would rather get the HT.

I know its useless but what if I buy a 5.1 HT and keep all speakers in the front (god, this even sounds lame when I typed, but what to do, no space)

True, Croma prices are little higher than local dealers... TV Purchase these days is big investment considering the money we pour in, but Samsung TVs are bestseller right now in market and they will not go bad within 2-3 years of usage (unless you get a lemon; but if you do,you would come to know within a year of its std warranty) ... Being said that, LG is a good choice since you need 3yr warranty ...

You could mount all speakers at front, but you'll need to keep the rear ones little angled towards you...

LG has a relatively lower support for media playback compared to Samsung displays using the USB ports. I can confirm this since my boss had got himself a LG LED TV (methinks its a smart TV) but some of the .mkv files wouldn't support audio or both and would throw an error - audio not supported.

How old is that LED?

I think this ability should be countered by DLNA. Am I correct in saying that?

True, Croma prices are little higher than local dealers... TV Purchase these days is big investment considering the money we pour in, but Samsung TVs are bestseller right now in market and they will not go bad within 2-3 years of usage (unless you get a lemon; but if you do,you would come to know within a year of its std warranty) ... Being said that, LG is a good choice since you need 3yr warranty ...

You could mount all speakers at front, but you'll need to keep the rear ones little angled towards you...

Trouble is if the lemon happens to act up when the warranty ends. I really don't want to end up spending 10s of thousands after a year. The question "What If?" really screws things up.

I will go to Croma tomorrow and get the final price.

Back