Need to buy a Full HD LCD display for my friend.

channabasanna

Disciple
Dear All,

My friend wants to buy a new full HD LCD display for his system, currently his Samsung SAMTRON 56V is giving up. His budget is 10-12k.

His requirements:
1. Mainly to watch movies, sometimes gaming.
2. HD is preferred.
3. He does not want to have a 24" full HD monitor. He feels it is too big.
4. Brands he wants to look mainly is DELL, then might be others.

Following is his system configuration:
Intel P4 3.0GHz proccy.
Intel D101GGC mobo.
256MB (512MB, exactly donno the memory) Geforce 6200TC which.
1GB + 512MB DDR 400 RAM.
Mercury Cabby, and a local 450W PSU.
Using Windows XP with SP3.

My question is does his system support HD movies.
Also will his system be able to support that much resolution on the monitor.

Suggest which LCD display to buy.

Regards,
Channabasanna.

I suggest you take a look into those threads, shortlist a few models and decide yourself. There is nothing rocket science here. If you have any doubts later, post back.[/QUOTE]

Just look at the Hardware he is going to use ?

I dont think it will support anything fancy

Of course I do not have much idea but i find even my 4870 struggling with a 22" LCD display & he has a 6200

So i think it is better the experienced members give him good advice wherein he 1st upgrades his hardware & then his monitor to have VFM & avoid disppointment

^^^

So is a 8800GT bottleneck for a 22"??. how do i check that?. I am on max res always. never had any issues...

coz AFAIK 4870 > 8800GT.

I had been reading all those threads before, majority of them are mainly circled around for gaming purpose as i have seen. Since the main purpose here is movies and the hardware being used is very old, compared to the computer technology evolved after that. This system was brought more than 5 years ago.

@shravank30, even i had the same doubt about the Hardware support for his system. Even i had told my friend that to support the HD related contents, we need a good GPU.

But he only wants it to see movies most of the time may be HD's or DVD rip's or BD rip's, that is the main reason for the upgrade and the other reason is his Samtron 56V had given up 2 times already.

^^ searched quiete a few threads for monitor.from what little information i gathered dell u2311h is the best thing u can get for watching movies

ips panel have much better quality.i would be little worried for gaming since it has 8ms reponse time then again having 8ms in ips panel would be similar to 5 ms in normal TFT

Back