PC Peripherals Need to buy a good psu, is corsair vx450 sufficient for my rig ?

kudilkrishna

Disciple
Hi all

Need to buy a good psu, is corsair vx450 sufficient for my rig ?

specs that i am going to buy
1) i7-920
2) Gigabyte ex58 UD3R
3) No graphics card ( as i dont play games )
4) 3 x 1tb hard disk
5) 2 x dvd writers

of should i go for more like Corsair tx650

also do i need any cpu cooler like artic cooling freezer 7 pro

thanks

If yoy dont plan to add a dedicated graphic card (> ATI 57XX), you might need to get a better PSU. Otherwise VX450 is quite capable of handling your rig.

sushantV said:
If yoy dont plan to add a dedicated graphic card (> ATI 57XX), you might need to get a better PSU. Otherwise VX450 is quite capable of handling your rig.
in case i feel i would like to upgrade my gpu, i will not go for any gaming cards, but yes for cards like Quadro and ATI fireGl

kudilkrishna said:
in case i feel i would like to upgrade my gpu, i will not go for any gaming cards, but yes for cards like Quadro and ATI fireGl

then i guess u might need a very good psu such as corsair 850 or more

kudilkrishna said:
Hi all

Need to buy a good psu, is corsair vx450 sufficient for my rig ?

specs that i am going to buy
1) i7-920
2) Gigabyte ex58 UD3R
3) No graphics card ( as i dont play games )
4) 3 x 1tb hard disk
5) 2 x dvd writers

The EX58-UD3R does not have onboard video-out.
Do you have an existing GPU? If not you will have to get one to connect the monitor :)

swastikrj said:
then i guess u might need a very good psu such as corsair 850 or more

Not sure where you pulled that 850W number from.

For Quadro you can see the power ratings (just the card) from here. Nothing crosses 200W. Unless he gets the X2 version

And for total consumption with FireGL you can read this.

A 450W or max 550W is good to go.

For current rig seasonic 380W would be perfect. U will also need a dedicated gpu, HD4350 would be perfect for around 2-2.5k. If u don't game/oc etc why u bought a high end mobo (if it is high-end)????

SkullTrail said:
The EX58-UD3R does not have onboard video-out.
Do you have an existing GPU? If not you will have to get one to connect the monitor :)

Rockfella said:
For current rig seasonic 380W would be perfect. U will also need a dedicated gpu, HD4350 would be perfect for around 2-2.5k. If u don't game/oc etc why u bought a high end mobo (if it is high-end)????

The OP will get the below mentioned....for VGA purposes and his graphics requirements.

kudilkrishna said:

Back