Need to Buy a Lappy for a Max of 45-50k

if i would in your shoes i would have never thought of a laptop with 7200 rpm hdd, coz it makes lot of heat compared, making stability problems and less life of components.

Acer 5740G(with ATI 5760 1GB) has been replaced by nVidia GT300 series which is a lot weaker compared to ATI5670 compare them here.

The best option for you would be to go with Acer 4820TG as mentioned above and upgrade its warranty to 3yrs, the new acer timelineX series looks good,is thin and light. It has an option to switch the graphics to Intel HD giving you more battery life, I think this switchable graphics feature ROCKS!!! and its something similar to Apple's switchable graphics & nVidia's optimus.

Core i5 430M(Turbo Boost upto 2.93Ghz!!) beats i3-350m too check this.

^^ nvidia's optimus and ATI's switchable graphics are not the same. Optimus is automated and turns off/on based on application whitelists while ATi's implementation is completely manual. The other difference is that in optimus (or I think even in the manual switching of nvidia's gfx to inbuilt gfx) there is no user perceivable thing but in case of ATi, there is a momentary black screen.

That said, I've also been looking towards the Acer timelinex series (along with the Asus' new bamboo series). Acer seems to be a bit week in build quality department, especially the lid is said to be flimsy and breaking-prone. Also, the screen itself is said to be quite lack-luster. But otherwise I'm digging it...

Any ideas about Acer's customer support in India? and what about Asus?

sorry for the bump...!! but how's the 5745g ? its i5 430m 2.26mhz( i guess), 500gb hdd, 4gb ram, 1gb nvidia 330m.. and more importantly its a 15.6" screen..!! i'm getting it for around 45.5k...is it worth it ??

RS4 said:
You can go for Sony vaio EB26 or Lenovo Y560.

1.sony vaio EB26: You get i3-350m@2.26GHz CPU ,1GB ATI 5650 graphics card:cool2:,4gb ram, 500 gb hard disk and the most important thing a FULL HD 1080p screen :eek:hyeah:
Also it looks awesome and comes in a sleek,slim body when compared to other 15inch laptops.
its MRP is 52k but you can easily get it for 50k along with a free Targus laptop bag at the vaio flagship stores.Here are the relevant links:

VPCEB26FG : E Series : VAIO
http://www.sony.co.in/product/resources/en_IN/images/VAIO/flagship_dealers.jpg

2.Lenovo Y560:You get i3-350m@2.26Ghz CPU,1GB ATi 5730 graphics card :eek:hyeah: 4gb ram, 500gb hard disk along with good looks at just 46k:clap:
Here is the link, check out the last one at the bottom:

Lenovo - Laptop computers - IdeaPad - Y Series - Laptops - Overview -

Both the laptops have some advantages over the other like the vaio has an awesome 1080p screen and better looks wheras Lenovo has 720p screen and a more powerful graphics card and it also comes at a lower price.Your choice
Hello RS4

Yours was really good advice. I dont know about the OP but i am really satisfied having purchased this after your heads up.
Was really confused before.

pastrykunal said:
Hello RS4

Yours was really good advice. I dont know about the OP but i am really satisfied having purchased this after your heads up.

Was really confused before.

So,which laptop did you buy??

I will probably order my Lappy from Canada coz im brother is coming next week

Thinking for a MacBook - $999

or any sony Vaio that fits around the $1000 max range.

Any other options ?

I was thinking for :

HP DV6-3064CA

- AMD Phenom II N930 Quad Core

- 640 GB

- 4GB DDR3

- ATI 5650 1GB

- 1366 x 768 Screen Resol.

Price : $999

bgboss said:
I will recommend you to buy Acer 4820TG Laptop.
Specs as follows:
Processor: Intel Core i5-430M 2.26 GHz 3MB L3 cache,
Display: 14" HD,
RAM: 4GB DDR3,
HDD: 500GB,
Optical Drive: DVD Writer,
Graphics Card: ATI Rad 1GB,
Speakers: Dolby Stereo Speakers,
LAN: GigaLAN,
WiFi: Yes,
In-built Webcam: 1.3 Megapixel,
Card Reader: MultiCard Reader,